Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I just heard that HB961 (AWB) just passed the house. 51 to 48. Next, it will go to the Senate.

I’ve literally lost sleep over this. I can’t even right now.

Senator Amanda Chase updated a little bit more about her mission to recalling Gov Northam, she said she’s opened up an investigation on this and it will take a while but she will continue to spearhead this.
When this happened in CT my family was living in NH 14 days later.

Maybe it's time for a more serious look at some counties actually leaving VA for WV?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

[QUOTE="DispositionMatrix, post: 6592863, member: 43384"]
Never going to happen.
[/QUOTE]

Then why stay in VA? Why give tax dollars to a government like that?

That's what drove me out of CT. I just accepted the fact there was no way to undo what had been done or prevent worse things from being passed in exactly the same manner the next time around. So CT lost 5 figures of tax revenue from my wife and I. Our families had been CT natives for generations.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

[QUOTE="DispositionMatrix, post: 6592863, member: 43384"]
Never going to happen.
[/QUOTE]

Then why stay in VA? Why give tax dollars to a government like that?

That's what drove me out of CT. I just accepted the fact there was no way to undo what had been done or prevent worse things from being passed in exactly the same manner the next time around. So CT lost 5 figures of tax revenue from my wife and I. Our families had been CT natives for generations.
Weather, taxes and infringing gun laws. That's why I'm in Georgia after forty years in Connecticut. The state government can't control the weather, but they're directly responsible for the taxes and laws.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just heard that HB961 (AWB) just passed the house. 51 to 48. Next, it will go to the Senate.

I’ve literally lost sleep over this. I can’t even right now.

Senator Amanda Chase updated a little bit more about her mission to recalling Gov Northam, she said she’s opened up an investigation on this and it will take a while but she will continue to spearhead this.
I don't like this either, but we'll have a much better chance of stopping it in the senate.

scatter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I don't like this either, but we'll have a much better chance of stopping it in the senate.
Why do you think that? Not being argumentative, just want to know what specifically will make the Senate less likely to pass it.

Yes this was a big blow in more ways than one. I figured there would be enough Dim House members who would rather keep their jobs at the trough than pass the bill. I was wrong.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you think that? Not being argumentative, just want to know what specifically will make the Senate less likely to pass it.

Yes this was a big blow in more ways than one. I figured there would be enough Dim House members who would rather keep their jobs at the trough than pass the bill. I was wrong.
Because 4 Democratic state senators have already come out against an AWB (Lewis, Deeds, Edwards, and Petersen)

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Just my own take......I think it demonstrates that the dems in the lower house of the Va legislature have decided to take up the nancy pelosi approach to legislation.....

Pelosi has on multiple occasions whipped her members to vote for bad legislation that is guaranteed to lose them the house in the next election......sure enough they lose the next election but its only an election or two before they regain the majority because enough wobbles in the middle have the long term memory of a fruit fly.....and because the opposing party doesnt really do anything once they have the majority.....ie they dont really stand for anything

This has been a problem for the Va GOP in years past.....hogs at the trough led by shitty big gov progressive republicans in leadership and the VaGOP.......

Remember.....when the GOP doesnt actually stand for anything except claiming they oppose dems then they keep snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.......

Edit....the 2013 Gov election in Va was a perfect example of the above.....

Va GOP and others f***ED the GOP Candidate Ken Cuccinelli because he wanted to cut spending amongst other things......so the Va GOP more or less threw the election by not giving Cucinnelli support/$$$......in the end there was an additional spoiler.....a faux libertarian candidate iirc that was funded by the Clintons or similar.......and the Clinton operative Terry McAuliffe won by about 2.5% of the votes.....the faul libertarian candidate pulled 6.5% of all votes......

Last edited:

Bison

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am not sure why it seems that there is support to move some of VA to WV. This guarantees all reps and 2 senators from VA are crazy dems. Would it not be better to give away the parts of the state that are anti-liberty to MD or DE?

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol
Where's the broad nationwide injunction from an activist judiciary when you need one?

Well someone voted them in. (supposedly)
There wasn't anyone to vote for in half the races because of court ordered redistricting that heavily favored the Democrats. It's not so much that the people voted for this, it's that they didn't have anyone to vote for against it.

View: https://twitter.com/NickForVA/status/1227065032145604610

Last edited:

amm5061

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There wasn't anyone to vote for in half the races because of court ordered redistricting that heavily favored the Democrats. It's not so much that the people voted for this, it's that they didn't have anyone to vote for against it.
Yeah, this seems to be the new method for gerrymandering the districts to cheat elections. Shocking, I tells ya!

GM-GUY

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The true answer is no. If the courts would rule on what '...shall not be infringed.' means, we could get past this. But they aren't and they impose some 'safety' or 'significant burden' test.

I think its been made quite clear, we aren't following unconstitutional laws anymore. It's at the peril of the government to ignore that.

peterk123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wow, I did not realize that if the semi auto ban goes through, owners will have until 2021 to turn in non-compliant guns and mags. I believe I said this earlier in this thread.............. This was a very well organized plan and test case on how to disarm the rest of the country. What is going on in Virginia makes Massachusetts look like a gun friendly State.

Police are going to have their hands full because I believe many Virginians just may lock down and fight.

djbradles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If this powder keg of awb futility takes off in Arizona as it now has in Virginia and spreads to more states I’m thinking something serious is going to happen. Not so much that the Donks will actually mobilize jackboots to kick down doors but moreso fed up gun owners making the first move. I wouldn’t feel bad if that happens.

How could this reach the SCOTUS? IANAL. If good ‘ole Maura can sue Juul, can’t any faithful 2A AG from any states (if one even exists) bring lawsuit against the litany of these infringements? Other activist judges from evil localities can sue Trump’s travel ban. They try again and again to block every promise fulfilling measure he made. One can hope this hot bed is finally put to rest before violence ensues from a patriot’s AR.

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol

peterk123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Let me see if I can connect some "coincidental" dots. Bloomberg was a crazy tyrant passing all sorts of crazy and restrictive laws in NY City. Basically, he used laws to take choices away from the residents. Remember the law about how much soda you can buy in the movies (or something like that)? Let's call NYC the testing grounds to determine how much you can control the average American Citizen.

Bloomberg has been funding anti gun campaigns around the country for years. He has seeds planted everywhere.

Bloomberg has been funding liberals running for office all around the country. I would argue that it has been very strategic as he has attacked conservatives that are certainly vulnerable. Slowly but surely he has played an integral role in turning red areas blue.

Now comes Virginia. We all know the story here. This is the model that will be used for the rest of the country. Step one was to turn it blue. Step two is to disarm it. Step three is take control of its Citizens through a plethora of new laws.

Bloomberg is now running for President. Let me repeat this..............Bloomberg is now running for President. Curious timing, no?

I do not know about you guys, but this guys scares the crap out of me. I am a bit surprised that people are not talking about this guy. He makes Soros look like a pussycat.

And his ads, calling himself "Mike". He is a danger to our society. If you think this guy will not use force, then you need to listen closely to the audio Trump recently released on this guy.

This stuff going on in Virginia is not about Virginia. It is about the USA.

Top Bottom