Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

Yes, well written. May I ask if VCDL and/or GOA have filed, or are planning on filing, challenges to these VA anti-gun regulations?
As Jason said they're trying to prevent them from being passed. I'm not 100% positive but it sure does look like they are going to fight these laws/regulations as hard as they can and with everything they've got. I'd say that it has come down to the line in the sand in Virginia.

That senator is so f***ing whacked out. Look at his facial expressions. Like the fact that he believes what he is saying. He's mentally ill.

This guy in the youtube video looks and sounds like a complete goober. I feel dumber having watched this. He is not doing our side any favors.

There is a reason I am not the face of MA2A© . The fact that he has a regional accent and is passionate to the cause is impressive.

Last edited:
This guy in the youtube video looks and sounds like a complete goober. I feel dumber having watched this. He is not doing our side any favors.

No doubt a strong accent, but you might be surprised how much of the 2A community sounds like him. They live here.

American-Mid-South-01.png

What the hell are you talking about?

Understand when he says “not doing our cause any favors he isn’t actually talking about your cause or really anyone’s ‘cause’ besides his own.

Th whole “not doing our cause any favors” line is the most common bunch of BS said when it comes to the 2A.

I think he's quite articulate myself. He's speaking off the cuff, no teleprompter, no script........something the former president couldn't do for love nor money.
He's speaking to his own kind....his locals and his accent is very mild compared to most in the southeast......very mild.

Don't get so caught up in appearances. I've seen many men with a seven day beard, a plug of tobbaco in their mouth, wearing a dirty worn ball cap and cow shit stained overalls and boots give some very eloquent and knowledgeable speeches before.

Don't shoot the messenger!!!!......He's on your( our) side!!

Do you realize how ridiculous we born-here, die-here New Englanders sound to the rest of the country?

I have a mild RI accent. I'm from the NW corner of the state, not Kvanstin or Wahhhhhhhwyck or Newwwpaught or Prahvidense or Puhtuckit, and I almost need a translator when I visit other parts of the country. I lived in Alabama for a college semester and doing so discernibly reduced how fast I spoke. I also was very glad to be back in RI where liberal use of profanity is (mostly) socially acceptable. I visited Phoenix this past summer and again, it was like I needed a translator. I could understand them (mostly) but they couldn't understand me. When asked where I was from, I got sort of the deer in the headlights look when I said "Rhode Island."

And then there's Mass accents. How many of those are there? There's a Western Mass accent, I met a guy with one last year that was pretty thick. There's like two or three "Boston" accents, ranging from John Kerry to JFK to Dot/Roxbury. Southeast Mass is ground zero for the typical "Mass accent", like what you see on Jaws ("Is dat tree-thousind dollah bountee for dah shahk in cash awh check?"). And then I'm probably missing some town-specific accents.

The other thing I noticed a couple years back was that on audio, like on a microphone or in a recorded video, someone's accent gets magnified because the recording amplifies and picks up all the little nuances. Someone was crazy enough to give me a microphone a couple years ago while I was in college in NH. My RI accent became very obvious when I pronounced certain words because the mike amplified what I said.

You're watching a video about people in Virginia. People in Virginia are going to sound like people from Virginia. There's at least two Virginia accents - the old Tidewater accent, like how Martin Sheen portrayed Robert E. Lee in Gettysburg, and then a more general "Southern" accent in the rest of the commonwealth. When I visited Virginia about fifteen years ago, guess what? People from Virginia speak with a Southern accent. If someone stays local for most of their life, that accent is just going to get thicker.

I bet Northam will move forward with the proposed legislation regardless of the Jan 20th turnout from 2A supporters. This will be a game of chess until it isn’t. I don’t know what will happen or how but this rally won’t be the spark but the start of the story, if Virginians are as serious as they seem.

I'm thinking NorthShore is probably correct in his thinking.
...This will be a game of chess until it isn’t.
We've all played chess and try to plan multiple moves and scenarios ahead.

Personally, I would NOT want to be an elected Democrat in either the Upper House of the General Assembly nor the House of Delegates of VA pushing these laws and having my vote publicized. Yea, like any of them are going to be holding public "office hours" at the local senior centers after this S Storm starts? I think not.

June 14th 2017 in Alexandria, Virginia was only 30 months ago. Funny how Virginia just keeps stepping into it's own crap over and over again. What the hell, do they think they are here in Massachusetts?

Jay

It seems that the Democrats are throwing gasoline on this fire with legislation they just introduced. They feel that single family house zoning in the suburbs of Virginia is racist and they want to make it illegal. The story I read was written by the Daily Caller, and I read it on Zero Hedge. I suck at posting links so I.m not going to try.

It looks like Virginia will be ground zero for the start of the civil war.

Last edited:
Gov Northam is doubling down, as expected, calling the sanctuary gesture null and void. So what happens if law passes and he cuts funding to these counties?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7d_NoIloXU

Those counties should create their own State and f*ck Virginia.

I'm not even sure if it is possible for people to say f*ck it and create their own State.

Those counties should create their own State and f*ck Virginia.

I'm not even sure if it is possible for people to say f*ck it and create their own State.

It's possible to create a new state if the majority of people in the potential new state and also in the old state approve a ballot.

Of course, there's always UDI...

Do you realize how ridiculous we born-here, die-here New Englanders sound to the rest of the country?

I have a mild RI accent. I'm from the NW corner of the state, not Kvanstin or Wahhhhhhhwyck or Newwwpaught or Prahvidense or Puhtuckit, and I almost need a translator when I visit other parts of the country. I lived in Alabama for a college semester and doing so discernibly reduced how fast I spoke. I also was very glad to be back in RI where liberal use of profanity is (mostly) socially acceptable. I visited Phoenix this past summer and again, it was like I needed a translator. I could understand them (mostly) but they couldn't understand me. When asked where I was from, I got sort of the deer in the headlights look when I said "Rhode Island."

And then there's Mass accents. How many of those are there? There's a Western Mass accent, I met a guy with one last year that was pretty thick. There's like two or three "Boston" accents, ranging from John Kerry to JFK to Dot/Roxbury. Southeast Mass is ground zero for the typical "Mass accent", like what you see on Jaws ("Is dat tree-thousind dollah bountee for dah shahk in cash awh check?"). And then I'm probably missing some town-specific accents.

The other thing I noticed a couple years back was that on audio, like on a microphone or in a recorded video, someone's accent gets magnified because the recording amplifies and picks up all the little nuances. Someone was crazy enough to give me a microphone a couple years ago while I was in college in NH. My RI accent became very obvious when I pronounced certain words because the mike amplified what I said.

You're watching a video about people in Virginia. People in Virginia are going to sound like people from Virginia. There's at least two Virginia accents - the old Tidewater accent, like how Martin Sheen portrayed Robert E. Lee in Gettysburg, and then a more general "Southern" accent in the rest of the commonwealth. When I visited Virginia about fifteen years ago, guess what? People from Virginia speak with a Southern accent. If someone stays local for most of their life, that accent is just going to get thicker.
Speaking as a born and bred New Englander and traveling across the country during my career it's been my experience that many New Englanders are arrogant, self righteous Aholes compared to many other parts of the country, right up there with New Yorkers and New Jersey Aholes. Much of the rest of the country doesn't much care for New Englanders and in some cases I don't blame them.

This surely will make the South Rise Again...

iu
Hope not, last time that flag was flown the democrats waved the banner... fixed it!
1577588795352.png

There are some remote areas, usually far from cities, where people are nicer, like northern NH, parts of NY away from all the liberal BS ...
NH literally changes complexion by the mile, if you're outside of the big dump cities at all its a completely different world, and you don't have to be an hour away from the
border to see that, either.

-Mike

Speaking as a born and bred New Englander and traveling across the country during my career it's been my experience that many New Englanders are arrogant, self righteous Aholes compared to many other parts of the country, right up there with New Yorkers and New Jersey Aholes. Much of the rest of the country doesn't much care for New Englanders and in some cases I don't blame them.
Does this mean nobody likes you? You are from New England afterall.

Assume for a moment thats accurate

What exactly is it that the left accomplishes with trump in the WH and republicans controlling the senate?

They've accomplished almost zero legislatively
They were unable to stop SCOTUS appointment along with 152 plus judges
They've lost pretty much every single legal challenge they've ginned up/judge shopped for
Obamacare has almost totally been repealed by leg and/or eliminated by the courts.
Economy is better than at any point in my lifetime
Foreign policy achievements are very significant
End of Syria/ISIS conflict
No involvement in Iraq
Afghanistan is still going on unfortunately.......
Dem coup attempt is being revealed and charges beginning to be filed against some of these shitbags......FISA court review is underway

I'm hard pressed to come up with any achievements by the left outside of inciting violence/antifa bs

I dont mean to take this off topic of Va issue but
One of these forums or articles explains it.. It said that no matter what happens, Trump will be the last Republican Pres. with no more Rep Pres, goes the 2A and any / all other rights they decide to take after 2024.

One of these forums or articles explains it.. It said that no matter what happens, Trump will be the last Republican Pres. with no more Rep Pres, goes the 2A and any / all other rights they decide to take after 2024.
Well, we have the Supreme Court and the guns, the two most important elements in this fight, so it might be an interesting discussion.

I grew up in Boston and never developed the accent. To me it sounds close to the slurred speech of a drunk person or someone who is otherwise low-IQ. In fact I've slipped into it for a few words from time to time after having too much to drink.

On the other hand how does someone like John Kerry or JFK develop a townie accent? Do these born-to-wealth boarding school upper crust types walk around their estates talking like lower middle class locals? Is it the drinking and pills? Are they taught it to seem more colloquial?

This really is shaping up to be an amazing turn of events. I hope SCOTUS is paying attention to what is going on in their own backyard as they bring Worman to conference.
Glad to see GOA is involved in VA and will send an extra donation.

🐯

It seems that the Democrats are throwing gasoline on this fire with legislation they just introduced. They feel that single family house zoning in the suburbs of Virginia is racist and they want to make it illegal. The story I read was written by the Daily Caller, and I read it on Zero Hedge. I suck at posting links so I.m not going to try.

It looks like Virginia will be ground zero for the start of the civil war.

The other possibility is VCDL and others force some wonky dems to come to their senses and like 95% of this shit gets scuttled as it
sits. They don't need a ton of votes to throw the entire agenda off course. And the pols that split with the herd can justify it because I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take a political
science genius to find a few districts where, despite the democrat winning, if exposed to a vote again, would now crumble.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom