• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Club near Winchester?

Looking for a gun club near Winchester MA, just a place that I can shoot my .40 and my AR-15 (.556) and clean my guns afterwards, I don’t want to have to spend a ton of money

Somewhere not too serious thx

Ive been to Andover Sportsman's Club a couple of times as a guest. Nice facilities, but I seem to recall they had some fudd-ish rules regarding semi auto rifles. No idea on the cost, though.

Ive been to Andover Sportsman's Club a couple of times as a guest. Nice facilities, but I seem to recall they had some fudd-ish rules regarding semi auto rifles. No idea on the cost, though.

I'm a member at ASC. It's a little bit of a ride from Winchester compared to say MRA. They do have nice facilities. The only Fuddish rule they used to have that I can recall is they used to have a 5rd limit in the mags for semi-automatic. They have since done away with that rule and changed it to 10rds.

MRA has bunch of ranges and the flexibility of being able to shot up to a .50BMG indoors on the indoor LEOB range is nice. You want to talk about some fuddish rules though....we could go on for hours. Of the 2 ASC is much more accommodating. For what it's worth, I have shot at both clubs and work not even a mile from MRA and I still joined ASC. I do not totally blame MRA for their rules. They are a big club and over the years they have just fallen victim to stupid people and the fact that the area around the club has become so densely populated. There isn't much around ASC.

Also, you mentioned a place to clean your guns afterwards. MRA has a place dedicated for this which is actually kind of nice. ASC does not. I clean my guns at home and it's fine but I have talked about this with a friend of mine that it would be nice if ASC had this.

Last edited:
Looking for a gun club near Winchester MA, just a place that I can shoot my .40 and my AR-15 (.556) and clean my guns afterwards, I don’t want to have to spend a ton of money

I belong to MRA if you want to take a look at it one night pm me. I know they get a bad rap but it’s very close, 24hr and indoor.

Not a member, but have been to MRA in Woburn a few times and it's pretty good. I don't live far from you, but I decided to join Harvard Sportsman Club, it's about 45 minutes away, but I like it much better than others around I have tried.

I should say, it depends on what you want to do.
Long range precision rifle .. how long
Bulls eye pistol
Trap/skeet
IDPA/USPSA etc.
360 action pit
Tactical
Drink beer
etc.

Make a list and compare.

Nearly every club inside the loops is "serious". and you are going to overpay for the privilege. If you're willing to drive away from the loops your options will get a lot better.

-Mike

I'll second MRA. 24/7 access indoor 75' range anything less than a 50BMG, indoor 50' .22 Bullseye range. 50' outdoor pistol, 50yd outdoor pistol/rifle 100yd/200yd rifle range. Trap and skeet. Yes there are more "rules" then at say a club out in western MA, but that's the trade off for having a club in the middle of Comming's Park surrounded by homes and businesses.

Back
Top Bottom