• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun a month is going down!!!!!

I had the opportunity to speak to my state rep today from this area, as well as John Quinn, who is running against Tom Hodgsen for Sherriff of Bristol County. I asked him about how it looks in the state house for the One Gun a Month Bill, and he said that it is not even being brought up anymore. It was suppose to have been heard Wednesday but after the SCOTUS decision, it has many fewer supporters. He also mentioned that he believes that in light of the current ruling, that the Governor is not looking to make any more changes to law. Now might be a good time to try and change some of the laws already on the floor instead of re inventing the wheel. IF you get a chance, take the time to talk to your Rep. I know in my district, our rep is very approachable and involved.

I had the opportunity to speak to my state rep today from this area, as well as John Quinn, who is running against Tom Hodgsen for Sherriff of Bristol County. I asked him about how it looks in the state house for the One Gun a Month Bill, and he said that it is not even being brought up anymore. It was suppose to have been heard Wednesday but after the SCOTUS decision, it has many fewer supporters. He also mentioned that he believes that in light of the current ruling, that the Governor is not looking to make any more changes to law. Now might be a good time to try and change some of the laws already on the floor instead of re inventing the wheel. IF you get a chance, take the time to talk to your Rep. I know in my district, our rep is very approachable and involved.

Let me be the first to say VOTE HODGSON [grin]

Take a few minutes if you can find your Reps, to spend a couple minutes speaking to them face to face about it. Bill S is very candid and doesnt talk over anyone. He talks TO them, and we are fortunate to have him as not only a state rep for the people, but a gun advocate.

I am sorry, but this is not going to go down so easy. He will drive this back into the limelight one way or another.

Boy am I glad this bill is going down the tubes.I can't afford to buy one gun a month.Maybe one bullet a month?

This will still be a threat as long as Deval is in office. Even if he loses this round it will come up again in the next session or whatever... he must be punted out...

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom