Guess I'll have to bump some S&W stuff up a few slots on my list...

If they unbutcher the K-frame and make their steel frames affordable again, They'll dethrone CZ from the top seat of " Bando's list of Firearms Makers that don't Chug Dick"

I think everyone agrees that this donation is a good thing. Personally, I just don't see why that means that must all rush out and buy S&W.

I don't think it necessarily means you have to go buy one of their products, either. What I am saying is we could at least be appreciative/positive, and not sit here behind our keyboards saying things that are divisive and negative towards gun companies (the people who make those things we like that go BANG) like this:

the manufacturers such as S&W make a large amount of their revenue on "civilian" sales. at some point it is in their own interest to protect this part of their product demand (i.e. you and I). I wouldn't read to far into S&W donating some $$ to a gun rights organization. It's not a major political statement or middle finger to the man. For S&W it's a giant tax write off, promotional donation and financial investment for them. Once the manufacturers get .gov contracts, they stop giving a shit about our purchases.

Or this

How does a $500k donation to NSSF get S&W a get out of jail free card? This won't help MA one bit.

An awful lot of swallowing going on in this thread and not much critical thought.

ETA Imagine how far $500k would go in the MA fight we are in. NOW.

Or shit on the efforts & existence of a national gun organization that work to promote and protect our shooting sports culture (NSSF) like this:

You guys do realize that NSSF is a Mfg lobby group right? They only care about gun owners in that we contribute to their bottom line. This is not a donation for the BoR, it is a donation for the P&L.

Maybe I need a break from the internet...I'm just so sick of seeing someone post something (anything, anywhere), and then 20 people come along and shit all over it, regardless of what it is, or what it does for them, or fellow gun owners, or fellow humans.

So, I say good job Smith & Wesson! Thanks for your continued efforts in making M******* compliant products for those of us stuck behind enemy lines, and thanks for putting up some of your money to help us fight the good fight, even if it is on a national scale instead of here in my back yard. Half a million dollars is way more than I have (or ever could) donate to any foundation, so I can't throw stones at your choice of recipient.

Good news from both Ruger and S&W. Although Business Insider mind as well be called the Liberal Insider. They rarely report business news, and are heavy on the anti gun propaganda.

Good news from both Ruger and S&W. Although Business Insider mind as well be called the Liberal Insider. They rarely report business news, and are heavy on the anti gun propaganda.

Happened to be the least adware site that was hosting the article I could find.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's nice but the problem is currently in MA, not the rest of the country. Donating to the NRA isn't directly going to help the situation that inspired the donation.

While not directly helping us immediately, it would be beneficial to us for Killary to not win the general election this November. Ruger is fighting nationally. So yes, it's a good thing.

Also, the NRA does occasionally help fund local efforts. I don't expect much, if anything out of them, but this is better than nothing.

Did you read what I responded to? The guy mention the AG is anti-gun but doesn't want to risk losing tax revenue. My point is the AG- along with anyone else involved with gun regulation- isn't about to change their position specifically because they want the tax revenue.

why would they care about tax revenue? theyll just up the fees somewhere along the line to make up for it.

Back
Top Bottom