Guess I'll have to bump some S&W stuff up a few slots on my list...

If they would only make a copy of the glock.
In all the flavors
Shove it right up Maura's $&@@@*

the manufacturers such as S&W make a large amount of their revenue on "civilian" sales. at some point it is in their own interest to protect this part of their product demand (i.e. you and I). I wouldn't read to far into S&W donating some $$ to a gun rights organization. It's not a major political statement or middle finger to the man. For S&W it's a giant tax write off, promotional donation and financial investment for them. Once the manufacturers get .gov contracts, they stop giving a shit about our purchases.

If they would only make a copy of the glock.
In all the flavors
Shove it right up Maura's $&@@@*

they did. it was the S&W Stigma, aka Sigma. It was quite a hit.

Last edited:
How does a $500k donation to NSSF get S&W a get out of jail free card? This won't help MA one bit.

An awful lot of swallowing going on in this thread and not much critical thought.

ETA Imagine how far $500k would go in the MA fight we are in. NOW.

Last edited:
How does a $500k donation to NSSF get S&W a get out of jail free card? This won't help MA one bit.

An awful lot of swallowing going on in this thread and not much critical thought.

ETA Imagine how far $500k would go in the MA fight we are in. NOW.

So we hate S&W again? God Damn it, Troycott it is.

NSSF is based in CT.....
I guess they're looking to fight things on a national level. I was hoping for more local assistance since they're based here.

From the cuff, I agree with this. What does giving to a national foundation do to help us directly?

from the comments.....my head hurts....

"No one needs a weapon like this. To shoot what, and too shoot where. How about this? You can keep this odious weapon but it has to be under lock and key at the shooting range you belong to. Not in your house but at the range where only you can shoot it. And, it has to be registered annually. And if you decide to sell it, the buyer will be vetted and subject to the same restrictions. That work for you?"

Nope. It doesn't. Next question?

From the cuff, I agree with this. What does giving to a national foundation do to help us directly?

This is a national fight - nobody inside Mass is going to change this.

The words are as symbolic as the money. What have we heard from other manufacturers? Colt? Troy? BCM? Besides screwing us not shipping AR parts? Anything?

Last edited:
Nice gesture but at least a small portion should have gone to a local organization(GOAL or Comm2A).

This. While S&W's donation is a great start, they need to follow it up. I'm happy they acknowledge that there's a problem, though, instead of just rolling over and taking it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a national fight - nobody inside Mass is going to change this.

The words are as symbolic as the money. What have we heard from other manufacturers? Colt? Troy? BCM? Besides screwing us not shipping AR parts? Anything?

BCM's responded to customer emails stating that they're with us even though they aren't shipping for legal reasons. I wrote Ruger a week ago but no response from them yet that I have seen.

Was reading the NSSF "We'll sue Healey" blog, and saw in the margin they post their Twitter feed. Sig donated $100K, and Hornady another $250K for this initiative. Mossberg $150K.

All great companies, actually looking out for us.

Gave my support to them this week with this acquisition:
nzhoy1.jpg

You guys do realize that NSSF is a Mfg lobby group right? They only care about gun owners in that we contribute to their bottom line. This is not a donation for the BoR, it is a donation for the P&L.

Back
Top Bottom