Grenades

Are defused grenade hulls illegal in Massachusetts? I'm going to GA on vacation and know of a place that sells them. They make really fun gifts, people love them, but I figured there is some retarded law in this state against them.

Once I get a legit answer, I'll trade a funny and true grenade story.

My Grandad gave me one when I was 7 years old (about 1958) and I took it to school for Show and Tell. Try that these days.
He told me he got it during basic training when someone opened the barracks door and tossed it inside as a joke.
After everyone went out the windows, he was first back inside and collected it as a souvenir.
Don't know what happened to it, wish I still had it.

They are not prohibited by statute.

Leaving one on you porch, or bringing it to work, or in an environment where the humor will not be seen is not a good idea.

That's why they have the "hoax device"

https://malegislature.gov/laws/generallaws/partiv/titlei/chapter266/section102

(b) Whoever, without lawful authority, has in his possession or uses or places, or causes another to knowingly or unknowingly possess, use or place, any hoax explosive, hoax destructive or incendiary device or substance or any hoax chemical, biological or nuclear weapon, with the intent that such hoax explosive, device or substance or weapon be used to cause anxiety, unrest, fear or personal discomfort to any person or group of persons, shall be punished by imprisonment in the house of correction for not more than 2 and one-half years or by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 5 years or by a fine of not more than $10,000, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

So....your desk is okay. Jim's desk in the next cubicle....maybe not. [grenade]

Not everything is illegal in Massachusetts ... According to Martha "Technically, It's not illegal to be illegal in Massachusetts".

No shit.......I have been illegally living in Mass for the last ten years!

I have been here for over ten years, and never filed a Mass State Income Tax Form!

When I moved here, I figured.......what the hell, if the Mexicans can do it, and the Guatamalans, and the El Salvadorians, and the Irish, and every other illegal here....
why Can't I do the same thing?

So I have been doing it for ten years![rofl][rofl][rofl]

Technically, no one can even prove that I live in Mass.....so screw them!

(I am serious...I have lived here for over ten years, and never filed a Mass tax return.....and I never will! If all these other f**kers can do it, so can I!)[angry]

My Grandad gave me one when I was 7 years old (about 1958) and I took it to school for Show and Tell. Try that these days.
He told me he got it during basic training when someone opened the barracks door and tossed it inside as a joke.
After everyone went out the windows, he was first back inside and collected it as a souvenir.

That's actually pretty damned funny. I'm betting that they had a good laugh about it with that guy...after they all cleaned their pants and gave that guy a well deserved ass whooping.

This one probably wins. Do you pull the pin first or leave it in when you put it on the counter?

You walk in with it in your hand. No pin. Holding the spoon looking casual as can be saying "I found this in the basement and thought I should bring it here." Said while walking around trying to hand it to someone. [rofl2]

tumblr_la7mxhjY4a1qbgk52o1_500.png

They are not prohibited by statute.

Leaving one on you porch, or bringing it to work, or in an environment where the humor will not be seen is not a good idea.

That's why they have the "hoax device"

https://malegislature.gov/laws/generallaws/partiv/titlei/chapter266/section102

(b) Whoever, without lawful authority, has in his possession or uses or places, or causes another to knowingly or unknowingly possess, use or place, any hoax explosive, hoax destructive or incendiary device or substance or any hoax chemical, biological or nuclear weapon, with the intent that such hoax explosive, device or substance or weapon be used to cause anxiety, unrest, fear or personal discomfort to any person or group of persons, shall be punished by imprisonment in the house of correction for not more than 2 and one-half years or by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 5 years or by a fine of not more than $10,000, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

So....your desk is okay. Jim's desk in the next cubicle....maybe not. [grenade]

Two thoughts -

1) So this "be used to cause anxiety, unrest, fear or personal discomfort to any person" is the source of all that "safe space" crap?
2) Jim's desk? Fck Jim. Toss it in his cubicle, his screen name is Angel King and nobody likes him anyway...

Two thoughts -

1) So this "be used to cause anxiety, unrest, fear or personal discomfort to any person" is the source of all that "safe space" crap?
2) Jim's desk? Fck Jim. Toss it in his cubicle, his screen name is Angel King and nobody likes him anyway...

No, the "safe space" crap is just feel -good stuff for snowflakes. The statute gives John Law the grounds to arrest you...because someone was "uncomfortable". Whatever that means. Oh, it means, "FREEZE, PERP!!!"

No shit.......I have been illegally living in Mass for the last ten years!
I have been here for over ten years, and never filed a Mass State Income Tax Form!

When I report you to DOR do I get 5% of what they recover or 10%? What's your address. I need a new Glock.

(b) Whoever, without lawful authority, has in his possession or uses or places, or causes another to knowingly or unknowingly possess, use or place, any hoax explosive, hoax destructive or incendiary device or substance or any hoax chemical, biological or nuclear weapon,

Hoax nuclear weapon??? Ebay? NES Classified?

When I report you to DOR do I get 5% of what they recover or 10%? What's your address. I need a new Glock.

Go for it! Send me a PM and I will give you everything you want to know about me....and I will be waiting at my door with a camera when they show up![rofl]

Last edited:
Make sure you get the kind with a functional pin, spoon, spring and striker. You want the spoon to fly off, extends your impractical joke by a few key seconds.

I was born in '81, don't remember my exact age but have brought mortar rounds and shells for a tank into school for show and tell. That's what my dad gave me.

Back
Top Bottom