Green member STOLE MY MONEY! Beware of 4406packman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought trikes, spydera and slingshots etc still require a motorcycle license. A lot of trikes are owned by bikers with leg problems that can't reliably support a full weight bike when stopped etc.
In PA you do not need an M class to operate a Slingshot. They are very popular here in Philly, people pack insane amounts of speakers into them and drive up Main Street begging to be noticed. Even without the noise I don't get the attraction.

Like I said, I could be wrong. I thought that was a selling point of these things. Maybe it makes a difference whether the two wheels are up front or behind?
You guys are right, i am thinking of some other states shitty laws.

I never understood trikes. All of the danger of a motorcycle but none of the fun. If you can't lean through corners you might as well just buy a convertible.
it also get me very confused - how do they corner at speed. but, alas, it is just something else that i will never have to know. :)

I never understood trikes. All of the danger of a motorcycle but none of the fun. If you can't lean through corners you might as well just buy a convertible.
Trikes are a different story, at least in my observations. A LOT of trike riders are former motorcycle riders that got into an accident or age and still want to ride but can't do it on 2 wheels. I always wave back to those guys, usually Harley trikes that I see.

it also get me very confused - how do they corner at speed. but, alas, it is just something else that i will never have to know. :)

I was behind a Can-Am once going into a turn somewhere in NH.. They can't turn easily, it looks like a lot of effort for a little bit of a turn.. Then again, they weren't made for cornering.

A guy got killed in Westminster on a retrofitted trike, (dual rears attached to your bike, retaing your original drive wheel).
Taking a simple corner it slightly went up on one wheel, causing drive wheel to come off the ground for an instant, he kept hand on throttle, when drive wheel touched again it shot him into a street sign.
Those style should be trashed for a legit 3 wheeler

Don't turn this into a cat thread!

im-trying-not-to-lose-my-thread.jpg

Anyone know what this is? I found it on the Internet...

1628449861400.png

Reactions: AHM
If I'm not wrong, those are marketed toward people who want to ride motorcycles, but don't want to learn how to ride motorcycles. You can operate them on a standard license.

My BIL recently bought one and he doesn’t have a motorcycle endorsement on his license.

Bob

In Mass you need a motorcycle license.

Took me forever at the registry because the clerk was so confused he needed help.

I have a LU plate.

Limited Use.

On the reg it's limited use motorcycle.

It does not go over 35 Mph.

Very odd but it is not a moped because it can go up to 35 Mph.

A Ruckus is extremely fun to drive. You just have to be ok with going slow.

At Laconia, there were tons of custom bikes all over.

A couple riding a Ruckus pulls up and THAT draws a crowd.

The Ruckus has such a coolness factor that no other bike can match.

They are in such high demand that they are going for $5,000 when the retail is only $2,800.

They are unobtanium though at any price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom