**Graphic** Pit Bull attacks Detroit mail carrier

Like all stats... Pit/Not-Pit is not the only factor to be considered there. I wouldn't dispute that most people who own dogs they want to use for fighting, abuse, etc, own pits.

It’s not a pitbull problem just like it’s not a gun proplem it’s a people problem.

Funny how Some pro 2nd people think a specific kind of animal should be banned...

“We just need one more law”
Literally not one post before yours was anyone saying they should be banned. And as a matter of fact the owners being the problem was already mentioned multiple times. Knee jerk much?

They seem to be the dog of choice for those type of individuals. Most shitbags wouldnt be caught dead walking a lab or a beagle.

Sure they do, they just take those same dogs home and abuse or beat them. That aside, AR15s are certainly in vogue for those committing mass shootings these days. It really only says something about those scumbag individuals, not everyone else who owns ARs or ARs in general.

It is a training issue. Don't train any dog and you'll have problems. Stakes are higher with a Pit - ankle biters aren't likely to cause serious injury in a worst case scenario.

That really is a lesson in how determined and resilient those dogs can be. Half-measures don't do a thing, they should have escalated much sooner.

I don't think that I would last that long if I turned my back and let 2 different people beat me with a metal rod and then a hammer.

I wouldn't dispute that most people who own dogs they want to use for fighting, abuse, etc, own pits.
On the flip side of that, I would say a good portion of people who do adopt Pits, do so to ensure they are not put in abusive/fight situations and to give them a decent life. At least thar has been my personal experience.

On the flip side of that, I would say a good portion of people who do adopt Pits, do so to ensure they are not put in abusive/fight situations and to give them a decent life. At least thar has been my personal experience.
I agree that pits are not inherently dangerous if owned by a responsible person. However, some are mistreated, and intentionally "trained" to be aggressive. That combined with their great strength is a very dangerous combination. A similarly aggressive Cocker Spaniel is just not going to be able to do the same degree of damage.

Google “families pitbull attacks”. I’m sure the never ending list of stories are all dogs formally owned by Ted Bundy. And none of their dogs would’ve done such a thing, right up until they did such a thing. Not worth the risk.

IMHO most of those people knew their dogs were f***ed up but will never actually admit it in public, because that would make them responsible. (and look like idiots) It's absolutely no different than the broad showing up on TV after a gang shooting going "muh babby dindunuffin!" Or no different than "I was cleaning the gun when it went off. " Nobody ever wants to admit they f***ed up. Same as when the cops shot that mbta cop during the flashbang and speedbump chase in Boston, they just blamed it on the dirtbags... because humans don't ever like to admit they're wrong...

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the spray they give is at the post office wouldn't have even slowed that dog down. I've seen a Corgi ignore it, let alone a Pit. I sprayed myself with it and it was mildly annoying. An enraged dog like that won't even notice.

I sprayed some on a table my last dog kept biting. She licked it off, then chewed up the table out of spite.

433 deaths by dog per year. 89 Million dogs in US. I honestly thought the number would be higher.

12,000 people a year die falling down the stairs.

I'll continue taking my risks using stairs and owning Pits. Lol

I agree that pits are not inherently dangerous if owned by a responsible person. However, some are mistreated, and intentionally "trained" to be aggressive. That combined with their great strength is a very dangerous combination. A similarly aggressive Cocker Spaniel is just not going to be able to do the same degree of damage.
100% agree. But a very similar statement could be made about “assault weapons.”

Back
Top Bottom