Governor Healey asks residents to house migrant families amid growing shelter crisis

The stupidity in MA is getting noticed. $45 million monthly? Like I keep saying: this is why the bridges are falling down. By law these people can't even work - so we're importing a whole bunch of WELFARE RECIPIENTS.

W the actual F.

Massachusetts Residents Asked to House Illegal Migrants​

Posted Aug 11, 2023 by Martin Armstrong

Our politicians have absolutely no idea how to handle the massive wave of migrants sweeping the nation and are proposing brain-dead solutions. Massachusetts is the latest state to declare a state of emergency due to the “rapidly rising numbers of migrant families” seeking shelter. By state law, they must accept and house families who qualify. Governor Maura Healey said that over 100 illegal aliens PER DAY applied in July, and she is now asking the people to personally house migrants in their homes.

Taxpayers in Massachusetts are footing a $45 million monthly bill to house 5,600 migrant families. Healey said that the state simply cannot keep up with the demand and noted that most of these people are unable to work legally and have no other resource besides US tax dollars. These people who trespassed into the country cannot obtain licenses to drive or earn a paycheck and will require full sponsorship from you in addition to your tax dollars. Of course, there have been no background checks on these people either since no one knows who they are or where they came from. There are currently 20,000 migrants throughout MA, with shelter capacity expanding by 80% in the past year.

“If you have an extra room or suite in your home, please consider hosting a family. Safe housing and shelter is our most pressing need,” Lt. Gov. Kim Driscoll said. So, they know most Americans are in a tight financial situation right now. Our right to self-defense is limited, if not void. But these politicians think we should willingly open our doors to complete strangers to solve the crisis they created. Let us also not forget a few years ago, we were unable to host our own family members in our homes due to the risk of disease. We were encouraged to drive by and wave at our loved ones from the window during the holidays.

The politicians who promoted America as a sanctuary country should lead by example and allow these people to stay in their mansions. Send the buses to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and let them set up an encampment on the lawn. They certainly have a few extra rooms to spare. Our constitution prevents us from housing soldiers, but does it protect us from housing migrants if they push this through by force? Will they soon offer our tax dollars to financially desperate people as a bribe to host illegal migrants? Ridiculous and dangerous. America has been invaded.

The stupidity in MA is getting noticed. $45 million monthly? Like I keep saying: this is why the bridges are falling down. By law these people can't even work - so we're importing a whole bunch of WELFARE RECIPIENTS.

W the actual F.

Massachusetts Residents Asked to House Illegal Migrants​

Posted Aug 11, 2023 by Martin Armstrong

Our politicians have absolutely no idea how to handle the massive wave of migrants sweeping the nation and are proposing brain-dead solutions. Massachusetts is the latest state to declare a state of emergency due to the “rapidly rising numbers of migrant families” seeking shelter. By state law, they must accept and house families who qualify. Governor Maura Healey said that over 100 illegal aliens PER DAY applied in July, and she is now asking the people to personally house migrants in their homes.

Taxpayers in Massachusetts are footing a $45 million monthly bill to house 5,600 migrant families. Healey said that the state simply cannot keep up with the demand and noted that most of these people are unable to work legally and have no other resource besides US tax dollars. These people who trespassed into the country cannot obtain licenses to drive or earn a paycheck and will require full sponsorship from you in addition to your tax dollars. Of course, there have been no background checks on these people either since no one knows who they are or where they came from. There are currently 20,000 migrants throughout MA, with shelter capacity expanding by 80% in the past year.

“If you have an extra room or suite in your home, please consider hosting a family. Safe housing and shelter is our most pressing need,” Lt. Gov. Kim Driscoll said. So, they know most Americans are in a tight financial situation right now. Our right to self-defense is limited, if not void. But these politicians think we should willingly open our doors to complete strangers to solve the crisis they created. Let us also not forget a few years ago, we were unable to host our own family members in our homes due to the risk of disease. We were encouraged to drive by and wave at our loved ones from the window during the holidays.

The politicians who promoted America as a sanctuary country should lead by example and allow these people to stay in their mansions. Send the buses to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave and let them set up an encampment on the lawn. They certainly have a few extra rooms to spare. Our constitution prevents us from housing soldiers, but does it protect us from housing migrants if they push this through by force? Will they soon offer our tax dollars to financially desperate people as a bribe to host illegal migrants? Ridiculous and dangerous. America has been invaded.

This is the perfect diversion...we are paying 45 million a month and if you aren't going to house illegals in your house it is going to go up.

Just like negotiating with anti-gunners a bait and switch that makes you the loser no matter how it plays out.

Focus on impossible statement and hope that it diverts your realization that the dollars are coming out of your pocket to pay for this with no end in sight.

How long until they use city census and real estate data to find out how many empty rooms you have...

Damn. Have we had a Third Amendment case in this country? Ever???? Just wow. (Granted they aren't troops, but it's government quartering. Certainly IV related, but it would be a great III case as well.)

This is the perfect diversion...we are paying 45 million a month and if you aren't going to house illegals in your house it is going to go up.

Just like negotiating with anti-gunners a bait and switch that makes you the loser no matter how it plays out.

Focus on impossible statement and hope that it diverts your realization that the dollars are coming out of your pocket to pay for this with no end in sight.

You miss the greater point.

5600 families.

$45 Million dollars.

That's somehow $8,000 per family, per month. WHATTHEFARK!?!?!?!?!

Massachusetts is the only state in the country with a “right to shelter” law, which guarantees homeless families access to emergency shelter.

So why are we sheltering the grifters that are sucking about 80% of that money from the system to house these people?????

I would have thought Mass Fiscal Alliance would be all over this by now. Explaining to Glob and Harold that $8,000 per month is a bit (giggle) outrageous.

Ultimately, it's a grift. It isn't about power or voting (this is mASS for crying out loud) or anything else. It's about using a broken system (right to shelter) and lining your own pocket.

Another bait and switch the state does is push some of the costs down to the towns. They dump a bunch of people in some local hotel, and then the town is left eating the costs of putting whatever kids are there into the local school system. And most if not all of the kids need "special" help , so the costs are above average as well.

My wife heard about this directly from the Town Manager here in town when the state pulled this crap a number of years back, and I heard about it happening still just a week or so from a teacher I gave a bunch of older computer hardware to for use in his classroom .

5600 families.

$45 Million dollars.

So why are we sheltering the grifters that are sucking about 80% of that money from the system to house these people?????

I would have thought Mass Fiscal Alliance would be all over this by now. Explaining to Glob and Harold that $8,000 per month is a bit (giggle) outrageous.

Ultimately, it's a grift. It isn't about power or voting (this is mASS for crying out loud) or anything else. It's about using a broken system (right to shelter) and lining your own pocket.
Oh yeah, and forgot to mention in the previous post, I've seen a few articles pop out recently that there is a push on to rescind Proposition 2 1/2. Dumping immigrants into local towns and blowing up their budgets will be the way they shove that one through.

5600 families.

$45 Million dollars.

$8,000 / mo divided by 30 days is $270 a day. Hell, that's a low daily rate for a family vacation in Massachusetts, especially with food. Looks to me like they're trying to do these poor people on the cheap.

Last edited:
do they ever publish numbers of how many citizens take in our undocumented asylum seekers? i'd be interested how many thousands are being housed in private homes. and how many the parker house has in inventory...and i'm not talking any of their employees.
Here’s a hint, it’s the same number of people in MA who voluntarily check the box on their state taxes to pay at the higher tax rate.

I've always found it quite hypocritical that the people who say that there are too many people not paying enough taxes never check that box but want everyone else to.

Here’s a hint, it’s the same number of people in MA who voluntarily check the box on their state taxes to pay at the higher tax rate.

A lot of people talk about this at work and wherever. Pretty much the consensus is everybody thinks this is terrible.
When someone stands there and listens and doesn’t say a word, you know they supported this… and I’m definitely having buyers remorse about the situation

here's a couple of places they could go:

John Kerry
The secretary of state-designate (er, senior senator from Massachusetts) and wife Teresa Heinz bought the 9,178-square-foot (some sources place it at 9,798), 5-BR, 7-BA townhouse off Louisburg Square for $1,703,000 in January 1995, the same year they married. It is now assessed at about four times that amount.

Deval Patrick​

The governor and wife Diane have been trying to sell their Milton home of 20 years since 2009, but with no success (they have an estate in the Berkshires, too). They have listed the five-bedroom, 3.5-bathroom, 6,880-square-foot spread for as much as $1.9 million; but it disappeared from the market in December 2010, when listed for $1,725,000. The couple bought the house in April 1989 for $560,000.

Elizabeth Warren​

The Democratic Senate nominee and husband Bruce Mann bought the three-story, 3,728-square-foot Victorian in September 1995 for $447,000. It’s now assessed by the city at $1,740,700.

There is always Barry's place on the Vineyard....25 acres

Anybody who has a house 3,000+ sq ft needs to STFU about global warming.

We now have a true American crisis in Hawaii and have had a problem with housing down in LA post Katrina since 2005. Priority should always be to take care of our LEGAL American citizens first!
Ship all the illegal migrants back to where they came from now! Especially if people like The Ice Cream Man, Chief Liawatha, Linsky, any Kennedy, any elected MA Democrat, and Barry Hussein aren't willing to open up their expansive abodes first!

I left another voicemail in Healey's box (tee hee) involving that $45m number. I asked if it would be better spent on Mass elderly, Mass disabled, Mass nursing homes, even our freaking roads.

617-725-4005

If it accomplishes nothing, which is most likely, you'll at least feel better for a few minutes

5600 families.

$45 Million dollars.

Proof positive that we don't have a revenue problem, we have a SPENDING problem...

Hummmm. Someone to mow my lawn, take out the trash, make meals, do laundry, do housework, etc. All I have to do is give them a dusty futon in the basement to stay on? Might be doable.
Then one month later he calls the cops on you with a bogus charge. Then follows up with an RO becomes a Squatter and your in the street.

So Portland is kicking them out of the Expo Center and putting them up in hotels as well. Gov Mills must have had a phone call with your your carpet muncher.

I thought tourism brought in guests and revenue but nobody can beat Uncle Sam for spending real money.

No, and if you're not whining about global warming or climate catastrophe this doesn't apply anyways. Im guessing that most people on this are reasonable, non chicken little sorts.
And electric vehicles should not have heat or air conditioning in them.

Back
Top Bottom