.gov "Practice Emergency Preparedness" by drive-through exercise.

Matt_SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
"Practice Emergency Preparedness"

This has gone out via phone by Mayor's Office in Malden, street signs in Wakefield and Wicked Local sites.

Hemlock Road is a >1/2 mile long access road into and then around the school. It ends up being over a mile round trip on GFZ "school grounds" in MA.

Here is a recent thread on school grounds. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/297848-school-property-question?highlight=gfz

In a mass emergency situation I can not believe that I would sit in bumper-to-bumper traffic on a GFZ road with no way to turn away if needed.

http://www.bing.com/mapspreview?q=northeast+regional+high+school+wakefield+ma&mkt=en&FORM=HDRSC4

April 20 4-8 p.m. NE Metropolitan Regional Vocational School Wakefield MA
STONEHAM

Wakefield residents are invited to participate in a “Drive Through Clinic” to practice emergency preparedness for the community from 4 to 8 p.m. April 20 at the Northeast Regional Vocational School, 100 Hemlock Road, Wakefield (in the back of Wakefield Memorial High School on Farm Road). If the town needs to distribute supplies (such as water) or medication (if there is a disease outbreak), a Drive Through Clinic will be set up for families to come and pick up the supplies or medication.

In this practice Drive Through Clinic, participants will drive through the site and receive a gallon of water, a tote with a variety of information and “practice medication.” A police officer certified in child car seats will also be checking all participants’ child seats to ensure they have been safely installed.

This exercise will help determine which sites will work for the area in the case of a regional emergency.

For information, call the Wakefield Health Department at 781-246-6375.

http://wakefield.wickedlocal.com/article/20160412/NEWS/160419549

Last edited:
Um, seems a little pointless, but doing a dry run of anything can't hurt. It's stunning how the simplest things can turn into a cluster**** in ways you never expect. I think I'm going to say kudos for doing something, which is more than almost all other communities I'm aware of do.

Um, seems a little pointless, but doing a dry run of anything can't hurt. It's stunning how the simplest things can turn into a cluster**** in ways you never expect. I think I'm going to say kudos for doing something, which is more than almost all other communities I'm aware of do.

I agree. But if things were really going south, this is the last place I would ever go.

So, will you open-carry to this, or conceal-carry?

Remember, all the literature says you should be "self-sufficient for 3 days", or something like that, because they won't have enough people to go around to help everyone if bad things happen.

as if the sheep aren't dependent on the government enough now they have to practice being dependent on them....wow...

[laugh] Yeah so after sitting in a line for hours I get home to find my place has been "wellness checked" during the emergency and surprisingly all of my firearms missing, because it isn't like the authorities have ever snatched up legally owned guns before when given the opportunity.

practice medication?

I want to know more about this “practice medication".

If this were NH, they could get the state stores involved and give out little paper cups with shots of chardonnay. And I still wouldn't show up, because I don't like white wine.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see all the sheep acting in an orderly fashing waiting patiently for there one gallon bottle of water and a box full of canned pumpkin mix. I mean my god, teach a man to fish and he can feed his family.
If that local government wanted to invest time into a program do it as a how to prep yourself not line up like lambs to a slaughter.

Jason.

Do some of you really think this is a good idea and worthwhile? Spending money so that people can practice sitting in a line of traffic? Apparently the FSA is alive and well here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'd make more sense to learn the weaknesses in your plan during an actual disaster?

Do some of you really think this is a good idea and worthwhile? Spending money so that people can practice sitting in a line of traffic? Apparently the FSA is alive and well here too.
The untested D.R. plan is no plan at all, so if it was worth spending time and money to come up with the plan, it's worth spending a bit more on a dry run.

I agree. But if things were really going south, this is the last place I would ever go.
Absolutely, but you're moving to NH, where we encourage self help (especially if it keeps the tax rate down).

That said, when TSHTF and things are really going south, XYZ Memorial High School is exactly the place I would want the unprepared people to go.

Last edited:
Um, seems a little pointless, but doing a dry run of anything can't hurt. It's stunning how the simplest things can turn into a cluster**** in ways you never expect. ...

The untested D.R. plan is no plan at all, so if it was worth spending time and money to come up with the plan, it's worth spending a bit more on a dry run. ...

No kidding.

Until you've wrangled traffic, you'd never guess how many Soccer Moms arriving at a Yout Tournament would claim that the conveniently located Handicapped/Staff parking lot was actually the Handicapped/Staff/Soccer Mom parking lot.

[rofl]

First off, I wouldn't participate. Secondly, you can drive past a school with a firearm on you or in your car and you are not violating the law.

Last edited:
I hope they give out a load of seatbelt tickets to the sheep who use time off to waste on this herding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a great idea because 90% of the people don't prep or have any idea of what to do in a SHTF situation. I'd rather have the "uneducated" learn on the Governments dime than knocking on my door when things go south.

Take pictures of the signs they are using to direct people. Make up your own and if TSHTF post them in your town pointing away from you to herd the sheep away.

when they test how long it takes people to evacuate a plane they initially just had volunteers get up and walk out. they figured out pretty quick it was totally unrealistic. so they told people, the first 30 people off the plane get $20. Then they had more like what a REAL emergency evacuation would be like.

should do the same with this--give something really good away for free and then try and keep that line in order!

last time they had a "boil water order" they had people waiting in the summer heat for hours to get a case of water. those idiots sweat more water than that just waiting in line.

the intersection of Farm, Nahant, and Hemlock roads is a horrible choke point in the morning with both high schools traffic all at once. I cant imagine what a clusterF it would be with all the sheep in panic mode trying to get up there, and then back out!

One way to move them quicker would be to open the gates to Breakheart and funnel all the cars out into Saugus.

Kudos to any .gov who actually tests any emergency plan. Anyone actually read the pilgrim nuclear emergency plan for Eastern mass? Lol it's not a plan if it's never been tested

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom