Emergency food companies - any that don't track you or store your info?

Ben Cartwright SASS

NES Member
Are there any food storage companies like Auganson Farms that don't track you, or you could pay with a Postal Money order or cash? or have the food delivered to a friends house?

My son is concerned that if we get food from them people could hack it and find out where we live.

I had put up about 8 - 2.5 gallon buckets of rice beans sugar flour after vacuum sealing them with oxygen absorbers in the package. Also from about 3 years ago a bunch of stuff from the Mormons.

I hadn't been worried about using a card to buy some stuff, but the family is. I had thought about buying with cash at the gun show but with bad knees I can't stand long or walk far enough to do that.

Keep in mind if neighbors know you have food it's only a matter of time before they get enough desperate people together to attempt to take it from you with force.

View attachment 733814

p.s. Buy mylar bags and food buckets and make your own.

That is what I did with rice, beans, flour, sugar etc, about 8 - 2 1/2 gal buckets with the stuff vacuum sealed inside it

I'm all for this, but I'd like to better understand the threat.

Is it in preparation of some SHTF situation, people will hack the websites of suppliers to find targets for key needs? Unless the security of an online store is particularly poor, finding and exploiting weaknesses in technology takes a lot of time and effort, with significant downside in legal costs if caught -- the costs of planning to steal outweigh the benefits of prepping on their own for any employable technologist. If the world falls apart and a hacker is no longer concerned about the legal system, they'll need a lot of time, stable internet, and reliable power to start hunting for weaknesses in whatever companies are still keeping their services online (and this is before then coming up with a plan of how to travel and attack specific preppers). I'd be more concerned about postal workers reading the labels on boxes.

If this is still concerning, my recommendation would be to:
- create an email account only used for prepping purchases. only use this for these purchases so you're not mixing the email address that your local town might expose in tax/property records with one used for survival goods.
- delete emails as soon as reasonable so someone compromising your account does not get a nice inventory listing
- buy gift cards for credit card numbers usable online. do not refill the same gift card. if someone compromises a vendor, they might get the gift card number, but they'd have to find out how it was funded via your bank's online services to tie it back to your home address. it's not likely someone exploits mountainhouse.com and then decides to go after chase.com.
- pay for a fedex dropoff location not immediately near your house. you cannot ship ammo via USPS and you don't want the worker to note 1k rounds of 9mm are for "Bill, who lives 10 minutes down the road"

I stopped by the Bishop's storehouse in Worcester this morning. Current policy is credit cards only, no cash. Church membership not required.

Talking with the guy there he said that usually prices are adjusted in January but due to the cost of everything there will be another price adjustment by July. Then he asked if I had been to Mr G's wholesale in New Hampshire. Said they have a better selection and sometimes better prices than the storehouse. Has anyone been to one of these stores?

Mr G's Mr. G's

Back
Top Bottom