Minotaur Trading Company Emergency Rations

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
I've been getting a lot of YouTube videos about emergency rations, most of them by a guy who seems to have made it his goal to sample miltary rations from every country/military force in the world. Interesting but he takes his time unpacking and testing everything.

A different video introduced me to Minotaur Trading Company, a veteran owned company located in KY. They are an interesting modernized and up-scale line of rations. What look like some pretty good meals and additional items. They also came up with a new style can (for some of their items), utlizing an existing technique which had been around for many years. Just not in emergency rations.

Pros: Looks like some high quality main menus and additional items. Packaging of food items looks good. Of course that is based on what I have seen in the videos, not first hand testing.

Cons: Packaging, at least for back-packing purposes, looks kinda bulky. If I were to throw them in my truck, it might not be a big issue. But If I had to go somewhere on foot I'd probably consider taking the items I wanted out of the box to reduce weight/bulk

Price: They look fairly expensive as compared to other companies. Of course, if the food is that good, it might be worth having some.

One additional thing. They have an Arctic Ration which looks kind of meager for extended cold-weather survival. The guy I referenced at the beginning had reviewd a number of Arctic ration packages from various countries and they all seemed to be high calorie items to provide the energy you nrrd in that environment. Especially the Norwegians who are some of the most professional cold-weather forces in the world.

I’m curious OP…why would you want these?

Are you planning to backpack in Norway?

Freeze dried is the way to go on the trail so you can save weight. Lugging around a bunch of sugary bricks won’t do your back any favors.

Standard run of the mill MRE’s for ‘grab and go’ solutions are probably your best bet.

Last edited:
Who said that I wanted them? Just posted this for discussion.
Jesus Christ. NES is becoming a f***ing cesspool.

NES Now: Start shiny new thread topic with zero interest in actually trying any of the products mentioned and then mock/shit on people when they make recommendations/contribute to the discussion.

Jesus Christ. NES is becoming a f***ing cesspool.

NES Now: Start shiny new thread topic with zero interest in actually trying any of the products mentioned and then mock/shit on people when they make recommendations/contribute to the discussion.
When did you become so f-ing sensitive? [rofl]

323164189_920875465735583_6864798469348537307_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom