Got an M&P today!

I bought it at Smith and Wesson then went right to their range after the paperwork was done. Love the feel of the gun, magazine was little hard to load once you got to the tenth round. As far as the Mass trigger goes, it was NOT as bad as I thought it was going to be. Still not great but I could keep a nice group no problem. Now my next thing to do is actually take it home with me I had to leave it at Smith and Wesson because I went to work right after my purchase and my work has a NO GUN policy[frown]. When I go back tomorrow I will probably use the range some more. All in all the M&P is a great firearm out of the box minus the MA trigger. Now to join a sportsman club so I can shoot all the time[smile].

We bought a 9 fullsize for my wife last October to celebrate her getting her LTC-A. She had always done VERY well shooting my handguns, as well as the G22 she fired during her safety class. She was dissapointed the first time she hit the range with the M&P. The trigger pull was so bad compared to everything else she had ever fired, and she could barely stay on the paper at 50 feet. After getting a trigger job from Gregg Derr, she loves it now and is back to the sort of accuracy she's always had.

congrats! awesome gun, i miss mine. i did a little work with the trigger and it was really good when i was done, but if you can swing it, get a smith to work on it for you. it really is a great gun

Absolutely agree with Gammon. If you don't get a trigger job, at least buy the trigger spring online and replace it at home. It makes a big difference in the initial pull weight. Cost me less than $4 and 30 mins.

I've looked at return springs at Brownells and Midway, but I am not sure which would be the correct one to get. Do you have an item #?

Ochmude,

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=34362/pid=14875/sku/Trigger_Return_Spring

This is the one I got, once you compare it to the stock trigger spring in your M&P MA model, you can see a big difference between the thickness of the coils. It's a simple job, definitely not as good as a professional gunsmith trigger job, but if you're tight on money it helps.

Maee posted good instructions from a previous post:
http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43106&highlight=M&P+trigger+spring

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom