"Goods For Guns" (buyback) in Worcester

Quote "The previous Saturday, a woman whose late husband was a Vietnam veteran brought in a loaded AK-47 assault rifle that had been stored in a closet — with 30 clips of ammunition and a bayonet affixed."

So they took a rifle worth at LEAST $800 and gave the woman $25. [shocked]

They probably patted her on the head and told her what a good sheep she was.
Anyone want to lay odds on THAT piece actually going to the crusher? [sad]

Un freakin believable. Thanks morons!

I had planned to sell a J-22 to the cops since they were offering MORE for it than I paid new, and cash in the gift card to buy ammo. (evil grin)

Oh well, next year.

[crying] That's an F'ing sin. [sad2]

He's at it again:

‘Guns’ plan has heart
Dr. prescribes buyback

Dr. Hirsh said that Worcester’s Goods for Guns has become a model program and that he has been called upon to assist in the establishment of similar programs in communities such as Springfield, Hartford and New Haven.

“I see the gun issue from a public health standpoint bigger than I ever did before. We’re just on the cusp of rolling this program out regionally and nationally.

also, can a moderator merge with these dupes:

Worcester....another worthless buyback

Worcester buyback

Just in case you haven't puked enough today

On the other hand if you have any paperweights laying around that will never shoot again its a chance to drain some funds from the program.

A hand-made, single shot 22lr "zip gun" should qualify for the gift certificate.

"Found it in my basement when I bought the house and I was scared to death of it so I just left it there!"

Last edited:
Compare with this:

View attachment 550613
Funny how if you combine the City of Worcester with a shit-ton of other much safer communities, you can make it look like Worcester itself is safe. [rockon]

Also funny that they couldn't do that for Greater Springfield. [rofl]

Where is this graphic from? Thanks.
Are you a Worcestervanian?

Added a link - looks like sources differ in reporting Worcester vs Nat’l Avg 2020 and Worcester alone YoY. Perhaps Worcester is getting “less worse” over time but I might not say “better”.

Are you a Worcestervanian?

Added a link - looks like sources differ in reporting Worcester vs Nat’l Avg 2020 and Worcester alone YoY. Perhaps Worcester is getting “less worse” over time but I might not say “better”.
Nearby. But where is it from?

Back
Top Bottom