Good quality Kukri

I would like to pick up a good quality Kukri to use in the yard/woods and when out bowhunting. The ones that I have found seem to be cheap. I did come across one made by Ka-bar, however im not sure if this would be good quality like their fighting knife or terrible quality like their chinese made pocket knives. I'd like to keep it under $100 so the $495 one from Cold steel isnt an option.

Does anyone know of any good makers of a quality Kukri? Any and all help is greatly apreciated.

Himalayan Imports makes some of the best. They're actually hand made by Nepalese Kamis. You can get models from 6" blades to like 30" blades in a bunch of different styles.

Go to Atlanta Cutlery,1-800-883-0300 or www.atlantacutlery.com, their prices go real cheap to original's 150 plus old for alot less than $495!! Also I.M.A.(International Military Antiques) in Shotgun News' add or call1-908-903-1200!! I've done business with both of them and have no complaints!

Does anyone know of a good comparison between these Kukri's? I'm also shopping for one at the moment, and I'm considering the expensive Cold Steel one, but I can't find any comparisons between it and the Nepalese originals.

I would like to pick up a good quality Kukri to use in the yard/woods and when out bowhunting. The ones that I have found seem to be cheap. I did come across one made by Ka-bar, however im not sure if this would be good quality like their fighting knife or terrible quality like their chinese made pocket knives. I'd like to keep it under $100 so the $495 one from Cold steel isnt an option.

Does anyone know of any good makers of a quality Kukri? Any and all help is greatly apreciated.
Get the Cold Steel "Kukri Machete". It is short money and a solid product. Delivers chopping cuts like crazy. I used one last spring to clear brush from my favorite fishing area.

Get the Cold Steel "Kukri Machete". It is short money and a solid product. Delivers chopping cuts like crazy. I used one last spring to clear brush from my favorite fishing area.

The Cold Steel is good, but to get a "real" Khukuri, go to the source

Khukuri House

I got the Jungle Panawal from there, and the work is excellent and authentic. And not overly expensive.

Last edited:

+1 for cold steel (fix blade only, i will never buy another folder from them my recon 1's locking mechanism sh*t the bed in about a year and a half's worth of normal use...)

I have the KA BAR version, and I love it. It's solid, holds an edge, and I've used it camping and brush cutting here at the house. Good for the money. I'm thinking of getting another one.

True, but it isn't heavy enough to really double as hatchet, for branches and things.

I bought one of these last December and have used it extensively to clear brush/bushes/tree limbs from around my house. I make sure to touch up the blade after each use, but I've hacked through 2" diameter tree limbs with no bending or warping of the blade edge.

For the sake of clarity, I have one of these jobbies, not the $500 special. It was cheap (read: inexpensive) and has lasted through all the paces I've put it through.

Back
Top Bottom