Good deal on a security chest at BJ's.

Twigg

NES Member
While I was being dragged aroud going Christmas shopping by Mrs Twigg I found this at the local BJ's in Leominster. There may be more at a BJ's near you. Technically it's a "Home Security Chest". I've googled it to try and get a better pic but it doesn't show up.

I've been storing my Glock in a small safe with a combo dial in the bedroon and in an emergency it could take a while to open. This opens easily and is a really good buy. Thought I'd pass it along.

SecurityBox1.jpg

Features:

$19.99
Carry handle.
Heavy steel construction.
Programmable Keypad lock with key bypass.
Enough room for at least two full sive pistols.

Might be a tad big for inside a vehicle. Dimensions are 5.37"H X 12.75"W X 10.25"D.

I'm getting some foam from Wal-Mart so I can cut out inserts for my Glock & MrsTwigg's pistol so they don'nt rattel around

Last edited:
Read the fine print. Many of these small "security" storage boxes specifically state that they are not intended for firearm storage. YMMV.

Read the fine print. Many of these small "security" storage boxes specifically state that they are not intended for firearm storage. YMMV.

It's not intended to keep anything away from a potential burglar, and there's nothing in the fine print on the box or the user's guide advising against using it for firearms storage.

Good deal.

Who cares what their lawyers say??

MGL allows you to put a $0.50 luggage lock on something and it meets the law. None of these small box safes will stop a thief with some tools and a few working brain cells . . . BUT it will keep you out of jail from a "improper storage" charge!!

I understand. Just being overly cautious, I guess. I like the idea of this type of box for transport or possibly for in-vehicle storage (unloaded, of course).

Good deal.

Who cares what their lawyers say??

MGL allows you to put a $0.50 luggage lock on something and it meets the law. None of these small box safes will stop a thief with some tools and a few working brain cells . . . BUT it will keep you out of jail from a "improper storage" charge!!
Will it though? I thought there was some sort of approved list these had to be on. Or is that just the cable locks and trigger locks?

Why spend $.50 for the lock? Get the kind of gun rug that's got a built in lock in the zipper! I've got 3 or 4 of 'em.

Will it though? I thought there was some sort of approved list these had to be on. Or is that just the cable locks and trigger locks?

That's just for locking devices, not containers.

I have one of those boxes and use it for storing ammo.

The approved list is only for the locks that licensed dealers are required to provide to you with any gun sale. It doesn't matter what sort of lock you use on your own guns as long as they're secured. Based on a court case a few months back I'd advise against the luggage lock on a gun rug approach. Go with something that provides at least as high a level of security as one of the devices on the list for dealers to CYA.

Ken

They've had them in the sale paper adds for a while. I first saw them a few months ago and they show up here and there. I'm guessing its a constant item, check back or ask a floor manager when they're coming back in.

Back
Top Bottom