• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good day at the range :)

Just got back from Westford Sport men's Club. Shot the Hi-Point 40, 357, 45 Para, some 12ga, the AK... Met up with an NES member Josh and his g/f, nice kids. I'm 49, I can call a 25 y/o a kid:) Good day:)

Props and kudos to a member of SWAT and his shooting partner! When I realized I grabbed the poorly marked box of JHP 40 instead of ball, I asked if he might have some. He flat refused my offer to trade, and handed me TWO boxes of Winchester. He also helped spot while I re-sighted the Hi-Point. Good guy, we talked a lot about guns, 2A, politics... He told me that most cops think the current gun control bs is just that, and they don't support it. Sounded like most LEO's feel the same.

Anyway, a good day!

And when I sent my g/f a pic of the ammo can contents, she said "you're leaving, you still have ammo left, shoot some for me!" I love that girl!

Is there a bad day at the range? J/K... Glad to hear you had a good time! The reaction you got from the LEOs is one I see more often than not unless you're reading the news papers or watching the news on TV.

Sounds like an excellent time all around. I was feeling great after finally being able to do some outdoor shooting last night at USPSA practice. Nothing says spring is coming like a pair of muddy boots after a range session :)

Awesome - work has been killing me lately and kept me off the range.
Next Friday looks to be in the 60s and sunny so I think I am going to cut out of work early.

Besides, have a new Mosin to shoot and a scope coming in for a recently new AR that I will need to sight in.
a little slice of heaven right there

Nothing says spring is coming like a pair of muddy boots after a range session :)

Amen Brother.

ETA - Radtek, I shoot at WSC as well - hope to bump into you.

Radtekk,

We met at Westford once. You were there with your teen daughter, shooting 12oz orange soda cans. BTW . . . those make GREAT reactive targets. Personally I prefer the sugar-free variety but the effect is the same.

You're not the first person to tell me the SWAT guys who practice at Westford give out great advices and are a class act.

Stay safe / have fun.

Brad

Ya, was a good day, and this 5.11 boots I bought really ARE waterproof :) The mud was deep, squishy, and a sign of spring.

Now that spring appears to be here, it looks like it's going to be time to shoot more. So anybody that wants to shoot weekdays let me know. I'm happy to host a non-member anytime. I am off Thursdays and Fridays, so I'll be there at least a couple of times a week. Mosin ammo is still reasonable and I have a bunch, and my .22 stock is good also, so my only limitation is being home in time for the school bus...

And since "This thread is worthless without pics..."

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130328_173841.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130328_173841.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 22
  • ForumRunner_20130328_174019.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130328_174019.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom