Golden gun once owned by Nazi leader Göring is up for auction

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/05/news/goring-gun-auction/index.html

[h=2]The golden gun of notorious Nazi Hermann Göring is up for auction.[/h]Rock Island Auction Company in Illinois is putting the gold-plated semiautomatic pistol of Göringup for bid in September. The gun, a Walther PPK, has an estimated price of $250,000 to $400,000.

Rock Island Auction said the gun once owned by Hitler's right hand man, whose name is sometimes Anglicized as Goering, is "possibly the most historic Walther factory engraved pistol that we ever offered for sale." It's one of nearly 3,000 items, mostly antique guns, up for auction from September 9 through 11.
The engraving on the gun, which was made in 1939, is a traditional Germanic oak leaf and acorn pattern, according to Rock Island Auction, with Göring's initials in gold letters as well as his family crest of a fist holding a ring.

The Göring gun is part of a lot that also contains a gold ring and cufflinks once owned by the Nazi leader, who favored glitzy jewelry. Rock Island described the ring as "huge" and engraved with the family crest.

Göring was an ace fighter pilot for Germany during World War I who became one of the most powerful Nazi leaders in World War II and a close friend of Hitler. He was in charge of the Luftwaffe, the German air force, which pummeled London during the Blitz and other European cities throughout the war.
The man with the golden gun liked to surround himself with the trappings of wealth and luxury and was infamous for looting the treasures of Jews during the Holocaust.
Göring was convicted of war crimes at Nuremberg but committed suicide before his scheduled execution.

This gun shot no one on its own.

A perverted monstrosity pulled its trigger.

That said, I would not want it anywhere near me.

In addition to being linked to a purely repugnant war criminal who was too cowardly to take his punishment, it's also a damn ugly pistol. Check out the link.

In addition to being linked to a purely repugnant war criminal who was too cowardly to take his punishment, it's also a damn ugly pistol.

Maybe some Rapper will buy this blinged-out PPK

160805100948-hermann-goring-golden-gun-780x439.jpg

Pretty freaking ugly.

i do not believe in that kharma shit, but **** it why risk it. I would not want to be near this as well.

The irony of the OP's handle and the post are either sickly coincidental or intentional.

Coincidental, I saw this story on my FB feeds. Name comes from the fact that I collect WW2 items, and I was watching a documentary on History Channel when I decided to join and needed a name.

Last edited:
It should be melted down, never to be seen, fondled religiously by some wanna be, or ever fired again.

Why .. should all your guns be melted down as well. It, like the other pieces of the auction are historical pieces and should be saved for all to see. It provides pieces of the man and what he was about. Hopefully these will end up in a museum instead of someones private collection.

It should be melted down, never to be seen, fondled religiously by some wanna be, or ever fired again.

Not sure if serious- it's just another gun, not some magical thing or a nuclear weapon. This sounds like the same argument people use when saying that jews shouldn't own german milsurps. It's ascribing special sauce to a firearm which does not exist.

Why .. should all your guns be melted down as well. It, like the other pieces of the auction are historical pieces and should be saved for all to see. It provides pieces of the man and what he was about. Hopefully these will end up in a museum instead of someones private collection.

The Museum of WW2 in Natick has a lot personal items. Great place, not open to the pubic. You have to make an appointment to see it.

The Museum of WW2 in Natick has a lot personal items. Great place, not open to the pubic. You have to make an appointment to see it.
True, but members of the public have no problem getting an appointment ($25, WWII vets free) unless they are a well known holocaust denier, neo-nazi, or similar.

True, but members of the public have no problem getting an appointment ($25, WWII vets free) unless they are a well known holocaust denier, neo-nazi, or similar.

I was there many years ago. It was free then, my Dad and I were the only 2 in there! If memory serves it is the private collection of a wealthy rare document dealer from Boston.

Very bad idea.

Let's say we melt down every Nazi gun, raze their Concentration Camps, burn every Uniform.

Holocaust Deniers could quite easily say "It never happened. Where's the evidence ?" "oh, we destroyed it all because it was hateful"

Makes me wonder what is really behind the efforts to destroy all evidence of the Confederacy.....

I have often thought about having a gun engraved to mark my time here on earth. Something that the next man would really enjoy having. Wouldn't want a bad reputation to go with it though.

Edited to add, ya'll will have that stone monument but a fine firearm passed on will be remembered long after your monument is forgotton.

Coincidental, I saw this story on my FB feeds. Name comes from the fact that I collect WW2 items, and I was watching a documentary on History Channel when I decided to join and needed a name.

Well, if you want to identify with a genocidal chicken farmer who's mind was warped by neo-pagan mysticism and who couldn't go out with any honor or decency and was rejected at the end of the war by his leader because of his attempted treason, go right ahead.

Very bad idea.

Let's say we melt down every Nazi gun, raze their Concentration Camps, burn every Uniform.

Holocaust Deniers could quite easily say "It never happened. Where's the evidence ?" "oh, we destroyed it all because it was hateful"

Makes me wonder what is really behind the efforts to destroy all evidence of the Confederacy.....

I've told this one before.
A friends father was a survivor of the camps.
I got to know him well and learned more from him about what evil there is in the world than anyone I ever met.
I asked him one time why he never got the tattoo removed.
His reply kind of took my be surprise.
He told me so he would never forget.

Back
Top Bottom