Gold and silver prices are down

A good video for anyone who thinks they're going to use their bullion as post SHTF currency...you can't eat it!

I do believe silver and gold coins would become recognized as good and valuable consideration in a SHTF situation. Surely these folks in the video were unaware. But if regular old currency not longer has it's "faith and trust" there will need to be a medium of exchange and store of value.

All of the gold mined since the beginning of time would fit into a cube approximately 75' on a side. That's a small office building. It's difficult to mine. It's scarce. And it has been used for centuries by many, many cultures and areas as a store of wealth. The sheeple may not recognize it now, but that would change IMHO in dire times.

Gold and silver are mentioned throughout the Bible. I don't think their value in troubled times is in doubt. If SHTF, I myself will be accepting gold for the neighbors cat. It's a real fatty.

For the majority of people (since sheeple outnumber us), the candy bar will be much more valuable to them in a SHTF scenario. They won't be prepared with essentials and to them gold and silver would be meaningless if they're going to starve or freeze to death.

If you have the means to trade your extra food for gold, silver, jewelry, property or something with "value" and can outlast the current crisis event, then you could come out the other side very wealthy. That's assuming the crisis is short lived and that gold is still considered valuable.

Look back in history on things that held value and that have changed - spices and salt were held in very high value, but now?

For the majority of people (since sheeple outnumber us), the candy bar will be much more valuable to them in a SHTF scenario. They won't be prepared with essentials and to them gold and silver would be meaningless if they're going to starve or freeze to death.

If you have the means to trade your extra food for gold, silver, jewelry, property or something with "value" and can outlast the current crisis event, then you could come out the other side very wealthy. That's assuming the crisis is short lived and that gold is still considered valuable.

Look back in history on things that held value and that have changed - spices and salt were held in very high value, but now?
Spices and salt were only ever locally valuable. If SHTF and the global transportation network went down, they would again become locally valuable.

Sent from my m8whl using Tapatalk

Gold and silver aren't for trading with your neighbor. They are trading with local power brokers that will likely emerge a while after shtf. For me they are just more of a long term investment. I think odds of true shtf are pretty low. But, pound for pound I have a lot more sugar and salt in my basement than gold and silver. Why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proving your theory even without the fecal matter hitting the rotary oscillator;

[video]https://youtu.be/bYhTFz_SGw0[/video]

Last edited:
Of course not. PM's are what you buy for post-shtf, AFTER you have a well thought out plan, adequate supplies, equipment, meds and training that will aid you in the duration of the event.
PM's should be a part of your Preps. Just not the only part...

Fair enough. Plus, it's shiny. [grin]

Gold and silver are mentioned throughout the Bible. I don't think their value in troubled times is in doubt. If SHTF, I myself will be accepting gold for the neighbors cat. It's a real fatty.

How many dollars in pre'65 is the cat? [wink]

Gold and silver aren't for trading with your neighbor. They are trading with local power brokers that will likely emerge a while after shtf. For me they are just more of a long term investment. I think odds of true shtf are pretty low. But, pound for pound I have a lot more sugar and salt in my basement than gold and silver. Why not?
I think I need more of all three. Plus barbecue sauce for that cat...

[h=1]Nevada recluse dies with just $200 in the bank, but $7M in gold stashed in his garage[/h]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nevada-recluse-dies-200-bank-7m-gold-stashed-garage-article-1.1161922

When his house was put up for sale, a realtor and a neighbor went through his belongings. They discovered what Carson City Clerk and Recorder Alan Glover called an “overwhelming” amount of gold, according to KRNV-TV.

I'm not sure I could have been that honest. Or maybe there was $8M when they went in?

Silver quarters for $0.40 over spot, can anyone confirm this is a good deal? I'm not familiar with the seller.

Here's the math: 40 coins, each has 0.18084 oz silver. Price is $139 w/ 8% Ebay bucks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291657305454?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Apmex has the silver quarters as well, $1 more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-Silver-Coins-10-Face-Value-Roll-90-Percent-Silver-SKU-16485/141844788823

I calculated Apmex's deal as $0.55 over spot. however from doing research, well circulated silver quarters from the later years are only worth their weight in silver. That's probably what these are. So I think it's not a particular good deal.

With Ebay bucks I calculate $17.68/oz.

$139 - 8% = $127.88 / (40*0.18084) = $17.68.

My math was not including the ebay bucks since you are paying full price now. Ebay bucks are used on a future purchase. But yes you can calculate it your way as well. I was doing the math for how much comes out of your pocket today.

Gold is flirting with $1,300. I'm always ambivalent when the metals start rising. It's good for my metals portfolio but it also means that something is awry.

Kitco usually has some good analysis

Article: http://www.kitco.com/news/2017-06-0...ainty-As-Important-Events-Lie-Just-Ahead.html
Site: http://www.kitco.com/

Gold prices are solidly higher and hit a six-week high in early U.S. trading Tuesday. Prices are now within easy striking distance of the key $1,300.00 mark. Silver prices are at a five-week high and are in a near-term uptrend. August Comex gold was last up $10.70 an ounce at $1,293.30. July Comex silver was last up $0.084 at $17.665 an ounce.

There is a bit of risk aversion in the marketplace early this week, ahead of potentially markets-moving happenings later this week. Such is benefitting safe-haven gold, as well as U.S. Treasuries and the Japanese yen. On Thursday there are general elections in the U.K., a European Central Bank meeting, and former FBI director James Comey testifies to the U.S. Congress. Next week, the Federal Reserve’s FOMC meets, at which time it is expected the Fed will slightly raise U.S. interest rates.

A depreciating U.S. dollar on the world foreign exchange markets is also working in favor of the precious metals market bulls. The U.S. dollar index is slightly lower and hit a six-month low overnight. The greenback bears are in firm near-term technical control as dollar index prices are in a three-month-old downtrend.

Back
Top Bottom