Going down to Addieville.... Whoot whoot!!

Heading down to Addieville to try out my first sporting clays course.

Any tips from those who have been?

Curious about things like what a full round costs? I know website says .47¢ bird, but are there other fees? Do you rent a cart or walk and lug your stuff around, so bring a wheelie? Round count for course and how much ammo to bring. If one actually changes chokes for different presentations/stations? etc.

Thx.
–A.

Skeet and IC will get you around the course, you may need a Mod or light mod if they still have the target on the hill. It's a 100 target course and there will be breakage and targets you want to shoot again bring 5 boxes of #8. I plan on $70 or so without the ammo. No cart needed unless you have a handicap, it is not that far of a walk. Go into Robin Hollow Outfitters if it is open and remember the shotguns labeled P.O.R. are over $50K so buy two.

Its .47cents per bird unless you have a memebership then its .10 less. However, you do not need to be a member to shoot. You can bring your ATV or whatever if you like but walking is fine also. As soon as you pull in the parking lot to your right is a 5 stand area that is nice to warm up in. There is another with only two launchers right up the path from that one also that is great for noobs to practice on. One thing I do recommend is to check the events schedule on the website before you go. If they are having a comepetition you will not be able to shoot and will have driven all that way for nothing. I rarely need to change chokes. I use an IC and an IM (as there are some longer shots there) and it suits me fine. But as rep308 said - the getting around with a skeet and IC would be fine as the presentation of the really long shots are few and far between. Have fun!

I love that place.

Make sure you check out Robbin Hollow, the gun shop on the property. I've never seen more best quality doubles in one place in my life.

Last time I was there a "financial guy" from Boston helicoptered in shot a round of SC and left.

I was supposed to head down there for Steak and Clays last week but got rained out [sad2].

Others have answered the questions, I'll just reiterate that you need to stop in the "pro shop" and check things out. When I was there I looked on the rack and said to a buddy "wow, that's a nice burl walnut stock", then picked it up to check it out. shouldered it once or twice, admired it a bit, then turned over the price tag...........$82k USED [shocked]. put it back down very gently and wiped all my prints off it [rofl]

Unfortunatly I have not been there in years but it was a lot of fun when I used to go and I would be there on a regular basis if I could afford it.

Steak and Clays??? Do tell. Is that something they put on? Or were you going out to dinner with friends.

I haven't been but some of the guys from my club go at least once a season....I think Late June is the next one

" Throughout the summer we have Steak and Clays - a social, shooting, dining fun event. 50 Sporting Clays, followed by a steak dinner. Please see our Schedule of Events for more information."

If I remember correctly it is one of there regularly scheduled yearly competitive shoots.

Steak and Clays??? Do tell. Is that something they put on? Or were you going out to dinner with friends.

Yeah, $40 for a round of SC and a steak dinner sounds great.

This might be a good idea for a NES meetup.

Then we shotgunners can make fun of the guys with the 18" tacticool guns. (just kidding . . )

Yeah, $40 for a round of SC and a steak dinner sounds great.

This might be a good idea for a NES meetup.

Then we shotgunners can make fun of the guys with the 18" tacticool guns. (just kidding . . )

Im in

Back
Top Bottom