• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL's Jim Wallace to run for NRA Board!

Since they tend not to pay attention to this sort of thing, I voted not only my ballot, but also those of my son, my daughter and both my grand daughters. What can I say; I spent several years in school just outside of Chicago, and my wife spent another year there doing her internship. [grin]

Vote early! Vote often!

Ken

Bumpage, if you are qualified to vote please consider Jim for the NRA B.O.D.

Ballots were in the March 2011 issue of whichever NRA magazine you receive.

Thanks!

I saw a page with the list of people. There was no "ballot". I presume that there should have been a paper with checkmarks to fill out and mail in, right? I have been a NRA member for years so I do get to vote.

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to thank everyone for their support for my NRA Board run. Unfortunately, I did not get elected this first time out. I was very pleased to get over 45,000 votes. The cut off for the final position was just over 53,000.

With a lot of encouragement from people at the NRA convention, I am going to give another go for 2012. In order to help get the message out more across the country, I have set up a modest webpage and a Facebook page.

www.JimWallaceforNRA.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jim-Wallace-for-NRA/196332417077929

Thanks again for all the support and let's hope for an even better result next year.

Jim,
Congratulations on 45K+ votes, it's a very strong showing. I hope next time it will be even much better and you will be elected. And you definitely have my vote.

I am thinking about getting a life membership for my 14 yo son so that he can vote for you also Jim.

Is the list of who was elected posted anywhere? I searched but could not find the results.

No offense but would you guys really expect it to be an different at the NRA with Jim there? They could care less about this state and our issues and would do nothing to further our cause with Jim. If our issues can not help their monetary and power gains then they will do nothing to help us as usual. No thanks but F! the NRA. If I didn't have to belong for club membership requirements i wouldn't waste a single dime with them.

Last edited:
nobody is whining. just stating the truth. NRA sucks. GOAL is great for us. He would not have the amount of influence needed in the NRA to make a difference here. Big fish small pond here. Small fish big pond there. Pure and simple. NRA has a power/finance agenda and we do not fit into it. If you can prove otherwise there Stef have at it.

nobody is whining. just stating the truth. NRA sucks. GOAL is great for us. He would not have the amount of influence needed in the NRA to make a difference here. Big fish small pond here. Small fish big pond there. Pure and simple. NRA has a power/finance agenda and we do not fit into it. If you can prove otherwise there Stef have at it.

I think you would need to do a little reading regarding the NRA (board members and their positions) prior to the Annual Meeting of 1977 in Cincinnati and the result of the "revolution" which occurred at that time, in order to understand the need for their fund raising. I would strongly urge you to attend an annual meeting and see what they are doing and if you don't like it, get involved and change it.

I'd bet that this year's convention in Pittsburgh is as close to the Northeast that NRA would ever hold an annual meeting/convention. I'm certain that they would never do it in MA!

Too bad they don't do it in NH, but I'd guess that no place in NH is big enough to hold this NRA event.

At the risk of offending some I will wade in on this issue. It appears that after reading all eight pages of this thread that many who reside here do not belong to the NRA or are occasional yearly members. As noted above you have to to be a life member or a 5 year member to be able to vote. IF you meet either of these two categories the NRA magazine will have the ballot in it. When the ballots are counted the results will be posted in the Rifleman, Hunter and other NRA magazines.

I am a benefactor member of the NRA and have had many issues with them but I still support them as they are the loudest and strongest pro-gun organization the gun owners have. I have fought with them on many issues but still belong just for the reason that in numbers there is strength.

I lived in Mass. for 20+ years and held a CCW all that time there. From my view the Mass. gun owners are their own worst enemy and they shot themselves in the foot many times with the NRA. Had GOAL and the NRA worked together you would not be in the position you now find yourselves in with the worst gun laws in New England. Mass. gun owners have failed to come together and because of their splintered ideas and positions the antis have succeeded.

You need to keep you eye on the goal and put aside differences to win these battles. The result in Mass. is obvious; you lost big time. Every gun owner in Mass. ought to belong to the NRA and GOAL and demand that they work hand in hand to overcome the antis. Only then will you see progress. Face it, what you are now doing is not hacking it.

I'd bet that this year's convention in Pittsburgh is as close to the Northeast that NRA would ever hold an annual meeting/convention. I'm certain that they would never do it in MA!

Too bad they don't do it in NH, but I'd guess that no place in NH is big enough to hold this NRA event.

One of the reasons of having the meeting in Pittsburgh is that within a 300 mile drive there are over 1 million NRA members and Pennsylvania has the greatest number of NRA members as well as the highest per capita membership by state. Pittsburgh is a beautiful city (more so now than when I lived there 25 odd years ago) and the David Lawerence Convention is an excellent facility (and CC as well as OC was allowed, though I didn't see any OCing, I did meet a number of members carrying). The convention center overlooks the Allegheny River. Next year the meeting is in St Louis.

Hi folks,

Just wanted to thank everyone for their support on my run for the NRA Board. I did not make this year, but I have petitions available to start the process again for next year.

On a good note, I received two committee assignments from the new NRA President. Only a handful of people across the country who are not NRA Board members are assigned to committees so this was quite an honor.

Hi folks,

I am starting the process again in running for the NRA Board. The first step is I need to collect 250 signatures from NRA members by the first of October. If anyone is interested in helping collect them please send me an email at [email protected].

thanks again

Back
Top Bottom