• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL's Jim Wallace to run for NRA Board!

Len's description is right on - and the bigger the org, the more "general rather than specific" the board's role. The 75 member NRA board actually seems set up for a weak board - it's going to be very hard for any one individual to effect any meaningful change in the organization - but it would give Jim greater access to NRA staff, and possibly a little bit of influence on what support the NRA provides for MA issues.

You folks who say you wouldn't want to vote for Jim if it meant losing him from Goal; What a nice way to say thank you for all the hard work he has done. You people sound like a supervisor who sabotages a good employees promotion because he doesn't want to lose him. Real nice. Nominating and voting for Jim should be an automatic reaction to this news.
Thank You Jim. You will get a nomination from me and I will be sure to vote for you when the time comes.

Too bad the majority of the people on this board can't vote.

I noticed the same thing. I'm an EPL member, and there was no information concerning the election. When I went digging, you have to be a benefactor or higher to vote. Seems lousy life members don't get the right to vote for the BoD of an organization they made a substantial financial commitment to.

You will get a nomination from me and I will be sure to vote for you when the time comes.
I've emailed Jim for the nomination info and will delighted to nominate him. His election to the board can only help GOAL.

I noticed the same thing. I'm an EPL member, and there was no information concerning the election. When I went digging, you have to be a benefactor or higher to vote. Seems lousy life members don't get the right to vote for the BoD of an organization they made a substantial financial commitment to.

NRA members get a vote when they have 5 continuous years of membership are are life members. If EPL is what I think it is "Extended Pay Life", you are paying for a life membership on the installment plan - and don't get the voting rights until you are either a fully paid life member or have five continuous years of membership.

I am a life member, not a benefactor - and I get the voting materials in the mag at every election.

Not true, Life Members (or Annual Members for >5 years continuous) can vote. EPL can't vote because you aren't a real Life Member until you pay up the entire fee. Page 64-5 in American Rifleman or p. 56-7 in America's Freedom (July edition).

ETA: I see that Rob beat me to the punch. [wink]

I think most of the forum has been shooting more than 5 years. I've had a continuous membership for longer than that, so I'm a voting member.

Thanks to all who sent in the nomination cards to the NRA. The next step is gathering signatures on the official petitions.

An official petition for consideration of the NRA Nominating Committee is being circulated by GOAL in an effort to have Jim’s name placed on the ballot for 2011. Copies of the petition will be available at the GOAL office in Northborough and will also be circulated by GOAL Board of Directors and certain members.

Those wishing to sign the petition must be NRA life members (or higher) or annual members with a minimum of five consecutive years of membership to the NRA. Those signing must also have their NRA membership number. All petitions being circulated should be delivered to the GOAL office no later than November 1, 2010 so that they can be sent to the NRA Headquarters in time for the petition deadline. A minimum of 250 signatures are needed to be considered through the petition process.

And of course someone from GOAL will have petitions at all the NES events between now and the end of October, right? (e.g. both shoots, BBC dinner, etc.)

An official petition for consideration of the NRA Nominating Committee is being circulated by GOAL in an effort to have Jim’s name placed on the ballot for 2011

Is there any regulation against submitting pages with only a single signature? If not, how about posting a PDF so we can fill them out and mail them in to GOAL.

Jim will not be elected unless the nominating committee chooses to endorse him. Any word on the possibility of that happening?

Bump, I have not been able to scan the form as it is legal size, if any of you are able to please let me know and I will send an original to you.

Adam from Acme Armament just called, he has a petition at his shop, if you're in the Plympton area please stop by!

Also, if any other shop owners are interested, please let me know and I will send you a form.

We will have the petition at this weekend's Shoot-B-Q as well. Remember you need to be an NRA member in good standing for 5 consecutive years, OR a lifetime member to sign the petition, you will also need to know your NRA member #

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record.

Jim was put on the ballot by the NRA Nomination Committee, he does not need any more signatures for the petition, but will greatly appreciate your vote, later this year when the ballot is circulated.

Thanks, and sorry for any confusion.

Jim was put on the ballot by the NRA Nomination Committee

THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!

I strongly dislike the "nominating committee" concept as it, for all practical purposes, deprives members of a totally open election ("nominating committee endorsement" has the same effect as being an incumbent in an election for senator or congressman). The NRA was even sued in NY for their officials ads in the magazine telling members how to vote (remember the "winning team").

But, as long as the system is flawed - it's nice to see it working for MA in this case.

Hi Folks,

The Ballots for the NRA Board elections should be coming out in the next edition of the NRA magazines. For those of you who would like to help with my election to the Board now is the time for the big push. Specifically if anyone is on other lists, forums, organizations that reach across the country getting the word out to those people is very important.

If you are able to get the word out and someone has questions, I have set up a very basic website with a lot of links to press, media and speeches.

Thanks for all of your support.

www.jimwallace.org

Consider bullet voting. Not only is it terminologically appropriate, but it can help Jim win.

You are allowed to vote for up to N candidates, but may vote for as few as one. If you vote for Jim and then pick a bunch of others, you could actually help someone beat Jim to a seat.

Unless I see an absolutely exceptionally candidate who moves me to check a second box, I will be bullet voting for Jim Wallace (only) on my ballot.

Bumpage, if you are qualified to vote please consider Jim for the NRA B.O.D.

Ballots were in the March 2011 issue of whichever NRA magazine you receive.

Thanks!

Being a conservative in MA, the concept of real representation is still sort of foreign to me, but I'm going to go for it!

Vote Jim Wallace for NRA B.O.D.!

Back
Top Bottom