GOAL...

Does anyone have any information (financials, budgets, etc) for GOAL, or know where I could get that information on-line?

I am a GOAL member already, but I really feel like I need to get more involved (either by donating more, fundraising, etc) given the nonsensical and seemingly irrational gun legislation we have in this state. This is especially true given the recent bills that are being proposed...

But I'd like to understand more how effective GOAL is before I decide on the best place to channel my efforts. Anyone have thoughts or ideas?

If you can't find it online, call them & ask for whatever info you seek. I'm sure they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Does anyone have any information (financials, budgets, etc) for GOAL, or know where I could get that information on-line?

I am a GOAL member already, but I really feel like I need to get more involved (either by donating more, fundraising, etc) given the nonsensical and seemingly irrational gun legislation we have in this state. This is especially true given the recent bills that are being proposed...

But I'd like to understand more how effective GOAL is before I decide on the best place to channel my efforts. Anyone have thoughts or ideas?

Call them up. Small group of people and very friendly.
They do peruse this forum as well.

But I'd like to understand more how effective GOAL is before I decide on the best place to channel my efforts.
When you consider that they are representing a viewpoint that is despised by the media and ruling elite, I'd say they generally do pretty well.

Jim wallace is GOAL's man on the hill. He is up on the hill all the time and works his butt off for us!!! And it is good to hear that someone wants to get more into protecting their rights in this state. The only way GOAL can do things is with firearm owners showing up to help. Cash wise I would get a membership to GOAL. I mean if you belong to the NRA and not GOAL there is something wrong. If you live in Mass you know it is more important to belong to GOAL then the NRA. But just joining is not going to get it done and get stuff passed. You have to email call make a vist to your local Rep on the hill and let he or she know you are for which bills and which ones you are not for.

I expect that GOAL needs to be rather circumspect with certain information so that useful data is not provided to enemy. I know that GOAL does not release their membership figures.

Those folks work their butts off for modest salaries, and every gun owner in the state owes them a debt of gratitude.

Well, lets see... The NRA abandoned CA and MA years ago and only mentions them when they decide they want to do some "See, this is what you will get if you don't have us!" type fundraising. So you have two alternatives, the NRA and GOAL. GOAL would be far more effective if it had more members. However, despite the evidence of it's futility, most clubs require NRA membership but not GOAL...

I really need to join GOAL. I feel like a schmuck for not joining yet. Just waiting for the funds. I shall belong soon!!!

Good, join ASAP. There is some important legislation that they are spearheading in the legislature and they need all the support [STRIKE]they[/STRIKE] we can muster.

GOAL also holds their public meeting every year (was in Late March this year at the Harvard Sportsman's Club) and everything you would want to know about what GOAL is doing is presented. Not to mention the cool presentations from industry guests. I got to handle an M&P long before they hit the shelves at the GOAL meeting several years ago.

AND.. For the first time in recent memory, it didn't SNOW the day of the meeting!

If you are not a GOAL member, you ARE the problem.

Back
Top Bottom