GOAL, many P.D.'s and the CHSB are out of FA10s

[STRIKE]Holy crap - you weren't kidding. Derek's was a far better scan.[/STRIKE]

ETA: No offense, center442. [smile]

No offense taken at all, upStomp! Derek's was much smaller and easier to download. The only reason I went with such a large scan was to get it as close to the original as possible so it would work with minimal problems for the folks at the scanning unit. I really don't have a bone to pick with the staff who work there. They are just doing the job they were hired to do. Making their jobs harder isn't going to resolve the real problem, which is at a much higher level.

My real complaint is with the legislators who seem to think that this whole process is necessary or that it serves any public good. If it does, I'd like someone to tell me how.

So, I guess I'm now famous...or infamous, as the case may be. [wink][laugh] Since the file is now available from the official agency I'm going to delete/remove it from my webspace. I have a limited amount of storage space there, and that file was taking up a good portion of it.

Gee, I don't know if I can stand all this excitement at my advanced age. [rofl]

If we wanted to put a positive spin on this we can use it as a good example of a productive public - private partnership.[smile]

And most certainly not a criminal violation.

I agree with M1911 on all points save one: I believe a credible argument can be made that the "director's" furnishing of a form is an effective (if implicit) condition precedent on the seller's obligation to report information on that form.
So if the director does not furnish the form, then one might be able to argue that the seller is not obligated to report information on that form?

Last edited:
I have a genuine "pre-fu*k" up FA-10. Any bidders?

On a side note, never underestimate the stupidity of government. Is anyone really that shocked?

How can we as a community get this Epic Save of the .gov's Epic Fail out before the public?

Who knows....perhaps the intelligence and reasoanbleness of GOAL and the Mass shooting community can generate some good will WRT H2259.....

Though, I'm not holding my breath......

GOAL should push this for all it's worth as another example why H 2259 needs to be passed, pronto!

i still would have preferred a solution where the "registration" was done away with completely... oh well

THIS!!!

That is what I was thinking would be the best solution. An opportunity squandered. The best thing is, with all the budget bills flying around, this could have been slipped in as a money saving measure and everybody would be better off.

Too bad that PDF didnt have like a coded msg in it, you know, like steganography..... so you could somehow decode a file out of it, and maybe it would play "Yakety Sax" like on the Benny Hill show. [rofl] That should be the hold music at CHSB.

-Mike

Or some hidden text, to make it show up funny in search engines.

Last edited:
GOAL should push this for all it's worth as another example why H 2259 needs to be passed, pronto!
Sadly, other than demonstrating the well know reality that the CHSB is generally adverse to law abiding citizens without any corresponding benefit in reducing/solving crime commensurate with their intrusion/inconvenience into the lives of those of us who have no intention of breaking the law, 2259 won't have any impact on this particular situation.

Imagine a world in which an entity contracting for a good or service actually controls the specification for what should be delivered by the vendor.

MA is a monument to governmental ineptitude.

How hard would it be for the agency to just open a secure website for both parties to fill out a form and complete the transaction online. It works for the DMV/RMV.... for passports.... etc.

Carbon-copy forms? What is this, the dark ages? There's a reason all the dealers do their transactions and transfers by computer.

There probably needs to be some paper form process even with electronic systems as not everyone has internet access. And not all of those that do know how to use a computer properly.

There probably needs to be some paper form process even with electronic systems as not everyone has internet access. And not all of those that do know how to use a computer properly.

maybe they can merge the CHSB w / the RMV and have a "firearms" agent at each branch. better yet, maybe an agent at each police dept.

[wink]

Yes, this (correctly) arises frequently in their cost-cutting. They assume internet access and Western MA reps repeat the stat of how many of their constituents do not have it.

CHSB should in no way take our suggestion of putting this on-line or making the PDF available as permission to stop making paper available as well. If they don't like making the forms available, they can stop requiring them...

maybe they can merge the CHSB w / the RMV and have a "firearms" agent at each branch. better yet, maybe an agent at each police dept.

[wink]

Better still, close all RMV branches and open an office in each town hall. That can also be where you take care of excise tax issues, car insurance, parking tickets, and all other similar matters.

... If they don't like making the forms available, they can stop requiring them...

See my earlier posts. It is now too late.

Yes, this (correctly) arises frequently in their cost-cutting. They assume internet access and Western MA reps repeat the stat of how many of their constituents do not have it.

CHSB should in no way take our suggestion of putting this on-line or making the PDF available as permission to stop making paper available as well. If they don't like making the forms available, they can stop requiring them...

Last edited:
[wave] hi CHSB!

i was being facetious with my suggestion of merging the CHSB with the RMV. why? -more of YOU will equal more of MY tax dollars. your registration of lawful gun owners is fail. i agree that an abortion of your existence is what's needed, along with the RMV and Mass TurnPike (tolls)...

[devil2]

[wave] hi CHSB!

i was being facetious with my suggestion of merging the CHSB with the RMV. why? -more of YOU will equal more of MY tax dollars. your registration of lawful gun owners is fail. i agree that an abortion of your existence is what's needed, along with the RMV and Mass TurnPike (tolls)...

[devil2]

But the roads! Think of the roads! Or is it the children?

Don't get me wrong, I think the entire requirement is ..... for the birds. It does nothing to serve the commonwealth. If they insist on pursuing this course of action the least they could do is make it easy, and relieve the burden of relying on old paper forms. Certainly keep a stack of forms around for the citizens who still ask for them, but don't tie your hands together for 6 months while bidding out to the job to a "state approved" printer. :)

Don't get me wrong, I think the entire requirement is ..... for the birds. It does nothing to serve the commonwealth. If they insist on pursuing this course of action the least they could do is make it easy, and relieve the burden of relying on old paper forms. Certainly keep a stack of forms around for the citizens who still ask for them, but don't tie your hands together for 6 months while bidding out to the job to a "state approved" printer. :)
100% agreed - just pointing out for our lurkers the prior failed attempts to do "email only" or "online only"... Don't make us have to come down to the state-house to fix dumb crap. Put it online while you fix the problem, but DO solve the problem. Either drop the fascist registration policies or print the damn things up. It's really not hard to track these documents without an embedded serial number. There's no reason they cannot get a serialized number when scanned - whether stamped, bates numbers, or just the file name of the scan. It doesn't require disappearing ink or any involvement from Q.

Keep it simple stupid.

Back
Top Bottom