Glock Hearing - Can you attend?

Not quite standing room, but there were not a lot of seats left.

Both sides gave their arguments as to why Glock should or should not be required to spend a small fortune to produce all the material the AG is fishing for.

We have to wait for a decision.

And nobody pulled a Challenge Coin. (^_^)

Last edited:
80 hours of training of which the first two minutes of which was:

With your fingers out of the trigger guard. "Keep your booger hooks out of there!"

Pick up the pistol in front of you. "Yes, that evil black thing that may save your life someday!"

Point in a safe direction. "Not at me, you dumby!"

Press the magazine release button and remove said magazine. "Yes, the little button on the left hand side behind the trigger guard.."

Pull back the slide and inspect that the chamber is empty. "That's the slidy thing on the top of your pistol..Do you see any brass in there?"

The pistol is now safe to set down on the bench before you! "Wheew, cool no one shot themselves this time!" "100 days without an incident!"

AG office said that the police get 80 hours handgun training at today's hearing. So, I guess training can overcome an unsafe handgun.

Is that true? (the 80 hours part)

Clearly if that's what it takes, I should be able to take a course and be exempt from the AG's consumer protection rules, right?

The hearing also provided positive confirmation, via Glock counsel's testimony, that Glock's distributor contracts bar sales to MA dealers.

Does this basically mean, "no LEO sales either", (without additional markup from out-of-state dealers) Or does the contract mean that even dealers in other states are barred from selling/shipping to MA dealers?

Why is Glock offering to help write the letter indicating that its guns are unsafe?

Probably so the letter doesn't contain any lies. There's a big difference between, "Glocks have been found to be unsafe" and "The state of MA does not recognize the loaded chamber indicator"

Is that true? (the 80 hours part)

Clearly if that's what it takes, I should be able to take a course and be exempt from the AG's consumer protection rules, right?

Does this basically mean, "no LEO sales either", (without additional markup from out-of-state dealers) Or does the contract mean that even dealers in other states are barred from selling/shipping to MA dealers?

Probably so the letter doesn't contain any lies. There's a big difference between, "Glocks have been found to be unsafe" and "The state of MA does not recognize the loaded chamber indicator"[/QUOTE]

Well, it still doesn't make any sense. If Glock contributes to a letter stating that MA does not believe they are safe because it doesn't recognize the Glock LCI, then that is fodder for other antii-gun states to use the same criteria.

"what is the end game?"

The Glock attorneys were excellent. The AG's office admitted that the end game of this lawsuit is to protect consumers. That they would like to inform the "8000" consumer Glock owners in Massachusetts that they have an unsafe firearm.

Glock said the AG's office already decided in 2004 that Glocks are unsafe. Why do they need more info to decide...they did this already. Glock said they were fine with the AG's office writing the "8000" owners and warning them. Glock even offered to help write the letter.

Protect consumers from what exactly?

"what is the end game?"

The Glock attorneys were excellent. The AG's office admitted that the end game of this lawsuit is to protect consumers. That they would like to inform the "8000" consumer Glock owners in Massachusetts that they have an unsafe firearm.

Glock said the AG's office already decided in 2004 that Glocks are unsafe. Why do they need more info to decide...they did this already. Glock said they were fine with the AG's office writing the "8000" owners and warning them. Glock even offered to help write the letter.
Oh I can hardly wait to get that letter. I'll put a big RETURN TO SENDER P.S YOU SUCK!
On it

Judge will decide- could go either way but since glock didnt slam home were in a registration state and the info is superfluous I dont think they will win.

As for my strongly worded letter, I'll keep it in my nice glock box so if I ever sell my g43 I can let the next owner know what's up.

So now if the AG/Glock sends out a letter to owners warning them about potential safety issues, and those owners choose to laugh and ignore it,
what kind of additional liability (criminal or civil), does that place on those people should an unfortunate accident occur where some one is unintentionally
killed or injured as a result of knowingly using an "unsafe" product?

Not that I'm all that concerned or worried about it, just wondering if this sending a safety warning letter out is in our best interest?

THANK YOU

A big thank you goes out to everyone that took the time to attend to today. It was impressive. I had the opportunity to speak briefly with Glock's attorney and their General Counsel and they were both impressed and appreciative for the quantity and quality of the turn out.

What we had is an almost full courtroom of respectable and interested citizens who stood when the judge entered, listened attentively to the arguments and stood again when the session was adjourned. It was perfect and this community made a great impression.

They are a bunch of retards, Glock is one of the most popular guns in the world, but MA thinks they are unsafe.... God I ****ing hate MA.
^Yes, that's why the AG doesn't like it. It's popular.

AG office said that the police get 80 hours handgun training at today's hearing. So, I guess training can overcome an unsafe handgun.
^Well, by that standard, any USPSA competitor with a classification should be able to overcome this 'unsafe' handgun.

And nobody pulled a Challenge Coin. (^_^)
^This was my biggest disappointment. I fully expected to scam a few beers off of people.

Where do they get the current names and adresses to send to?
Your LTC.

Oh I can hardly wait to get that letter. I'll put a big RETURN TO SENDER P.S YOU SUCK!
On it

I'm planning something similar to what this American hero did...

sPASOSz.png

A big thank you goes out to everyone that took the time to attend to today. It was impressive. I had the opportunity to speak briefly with Glock's attorney and their General Counsel and they were both impressed and appreciative for the quantity and quality of the turn out.

What we had is an almost full courtroom of respectable and interested citizens who stood when the judge entered, listened attentively to the arguments and stood again when the session was adjourned. It was perfect and this community made a great impression.

Was happy to be there!

Do you think the judge knew what side all the spectators were on? Hate to have him thinking they were all in support of the AG...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think the judge knew what side all the spectators were on? Hate to have him thinking they were all in support of the AG...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bunch of white males, not exactly the AG's demographic.

Shout out to the girl in pink, pretty sure the heavy set girl in black was with ago.

Girl in Pink was Julie Tolek, gun attorney in the Framingham/Natick area.

Glock used outside counsel for this case (Renzulli Law,of White Plains NY), so they had to have a MA attorney to sponsor them pro hac vice. Glock's general in-house counsel and VP was present to receive a Comm2a challenge coin (ok, so that may not be why he showed up to the hearing), but did not argue before the court.

Back
Top Bottom