• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock Hearing - Can you attend?

Let's stay on topic...the reason to show up is to support Glock and their case. If you need to dress in an old t-shirt and ripped jeans, please don't bother going into the courthouse. This is not about protesting the courts and our ****ing stupid state. The OP asked us to help Glock. KD told us how to do it correctly. Either listen to the expert advice...or stay outside.

Last edited:
This will be my first time in Superior Court, but I think they schedule individual cases like the federal courts do. I don't believe this is the 9am cattle call you see in district court.

It's not the 9am District Court cattle call, but it's not individually scheduled like Federal Court. The times I've been in Superior Court for motions (at a 2pm session) there were a half dozen or so cases on the list.

Yes, it is. This is a court of law. Do you go to church in a "God is dead" t-shirt? Would you go to your daughter's high school or college graduation in a t-shirt?

This isn't a protest, it's civic engagement. The gun control crowd, including the AG, is trying to depersonalize these issues by framing them as challenges to the firearms industry and 'gun lobby'. To the extent that her actions are effect to Massachusetts citizens, she wants to marginalize those individuals as a no more than a small group of despicables made up of swamp-dwelling, mouth-breathing, misogynistic, homo-phobic and racists white male insurrectionists. Show up to court in a 'Tyranny' or 'Heil Healey' t-shirt and you just play into that narrative.

No, don't 'rally'. Come to the courtroom by 2pm, find a seat, listen to the arguments and learn. I'm having trouble getting some of the documents uploaded, but I'll try to post an outline of the case before the hearing.

I couldn't agree more. Don't be who they like to say we are. I'm planning on a simple blue blazer, white shirt, khaki wool dress pants. Comfy, easy, and neat.
Sometimes I even get waved past security because they think I'm an attorney. Ha.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's stay on topic...the reason to show up is to support Glock and their case. If you need to dress in an old t-shirt and ripped jeans, please don't bother going into the courthouse. This is not about protesting the courts and our ****ing stupid state. The OP asked us to help Glock. KD told us how to do it correctly. Either listen to the expert advice...or stay outside.

I've always dressed nice for court. But I also believe that if you work in a field where you aren't dressed up nice, then you should feel comfortable coming to court dressed in your work clothes. The point is to not go out of your way to wear something obnoxious or confrontational.

I'm also going to assume they completely ban phones at that courthouse (for non attorneys/non jurors) so I'm just going to leave it in the car. If anyone can confirm/dispute that that'd be great...

-Mike

No, please don't.

It's important that people show the court the respect that it [should] deserve. I'll be in a suit and tie as I always am when visiting a courtroom. Represent the best way you know how. The mere presence of many interested observers speaks loudly enough. We don't have to do anything other than just be there watching. That says all that we need to say.

If you have a Comm2A lapel pin, wear it.

And just to make clear, Comm2A has not connection to this case. We only know about it from the media and because we took the time to comb through the docket, read the filings and make note of the hearing. I have copies of the pleadings as well as the AG's CID and will try to post them later tonight.

There will be a similar hearing for Remington in a different action on October 27th. More on that later.

Have you been able to post the pleadings/AG's CID yet?

I'm a little confused by this. They are asking for everything relating to, it appears, defects/recalls/issues that their guns have had that they sold to "the general public" through July of 2016. Is the AG going after Glock for NDs that cops have had, cause we know the "general public" in MA aren't allowed to buy new Glocks for the past ? years. Could she also be trying to go after them for NDs/other by the "general public" that were legally brought into the state after their "ban?" I think this must be it. She's trying to hold them liable for deaths and injuries by claiming they knew their products were "defective." What a bitch.

I'm a little confused by this. They are asking for everything relating to, it appears, defects/recalls/issues that their guns have had that they sold to "the general public" through July of 2016. Is the AG going after Glock for NDs that cops have had, cause we know the "general public" in MA aren't allowed to buy new Glocks for the past ? years. Could she also be trying to go after them for NDs/other by the "general public" that were legally brought into the state after their "ban?" I think this must be it. She's trying to hold them liable for deaths and injuries by claiming they knew their products were "defective." What a bitch.

I breathe sighs of relief that after breaking my mag catch on my g43 I bought a new one instead of getting it warrantied. It is interesting though that it seems this only applies to gen4?

With that said: For all that is trolley I pray that glock submits their compliance testing for the EOPS roster as evidence given AGO is clearly frivolously requesting information she already has. Oh and glock, we are with you on that "non compliant" load indecator on the extractor.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble getting the pdf small enough to upload. This version should be good. The copy machine in the clerk's office is pretty bad.

AG's Civil Investigative Demand

KD, thanks for the download. No doubt Remington received the same document with just the company name change.

PP, her request just asks for, "...accidental or unintended discharge." so it's not clear just what it is she is looking for, but she will know it, if, when, she sees it. Doesn't mention anything about ND's because it appears that she doesn't know the difference. How does Glock prove if a discharge was accidental or unintended (is she asking Glock to prove a negative)? Conversely, how does the AG determine if a discharge was accidental or unintended?

I need to think more about this when I'm more awake and not pissed!

That is one hell of a demand for documents.

I'm inclined to copy/paste/edit their demand and turn it into another public records request for documents relating to the 7/20 fraud. I especially like the section detailing that if any documents are deemed privileged, they are to note all the metadata about the document. I also like the demand that spreadsheets be converted into Excel and databases into Access format. Right... send me the IT consulting bill for that.

On the other hand, Glock should copy/paste/edit the AG's refusal to disclose letter as their reply :)

That is one hell of a demand for documents.

I'm inclined to copy/paste/edit their demand and turn it into another public records request for documents relating to the 7/20 fraud. I especially like the section detailing that if any documents are deemed privileged, they are to note all the metadata about the document. I also like the demand that spreadsheets be converted into Excel and databases into Access format. Right... send me the IT consulting bill for that.

On the other hand, Glock should copy/paste/edit the AG's refusal to disclose letter as their reply :)

I rather want to demand all.communication with glock from her if she gets the information. I could see this pissing people off on a national level.

I don't want to drive into the city. I'm willing to park and take public trans. Coming from Rte 9 Southboro what do you suggest? I don't know the city. Am I aiming for Govt ctr?

KD, thanks for the download. No doubt Remington received the same document with just the company name change.

PP, her request just asks for, "...accidental or unintended discharge." so it's not clear just what it is she is looking for, but she will know it, if, when, she sees it. Doesn't mention anything about ND's because it appears that she doesn't know the difference. How does Glock prove if a discharge was accidental or unintended (is she asking Glock to prove a negative)? Conversely, how does the AG determine if a discharge was accidental or unintended?

I need to think more about this when I'm more awake and not pissed!

I'm thinking that she is going to go after them from a "consumer safety standpoint" and remember that police departments are really the only "consumers" of glocks recently in MA on any size scale.

I don't want to drive into the city. I'm willing to park and take public trans. Coming from Rte 9 Southboro what do you suggest? I don't know the city. Am I aiming for Govt ctr?

From South Station it is a 15-20 minute walk to Govt Ctr...The courthouse is supposed to be across the street.

Take the 11:10 train out of Ashland. At that time, there will be no parking at the Southboro station. The last stop is South Station. Go to info booth at South Station and ask for walking directions to Govt Center. PM be your cell number and I will text you about 1:15 when I am heading over to Govt Center.

Anyone else want to meet?

See you Wednesday!

Here's a parking hint. I park in the Parcel 7 garage and get my parking validated. Usually I head into Haymarket Pizza for a slice or two or grab a couple of calzones to take home. They're pretty good and the wife is always delighted to see the calzones come home. It brings parking down to just a buck or two dependint upon how long you're there.

Here's a parking hint. I park in the Parcel 7 garage and get my parking validated. Usually I head into Haymarket Pizza for a slice or two or grab a couple of calzones to take home. They're pretty good and the wife is always delighted to see the calzones come home. It brings parking down to just a buck or two dependint upon how long you're there.

Once we get into building is there a schedule which let's us know where to go?

Yes, $3 for 3 hours, a lot of the shops on hanover st. will validate as well. You can milk the cow too by going down and moving your car in, out, and then back into the garage before you hit the 3 hour limit.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom