• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock demands 4473s from gun shop for Blue Label Progam

Deutsche_Dog

NES Member
150969a8-b14e-4595-b3b9-6b4b115ef879.jpg

f5e9ce52-ca6d-451e-b682-fb3e7cb5db0f.jpg

b29be67d-6068-4838-8751-4ff2ba50c462.jpg

Got this in my email today. -1 for Glock, +1 for Trop Gun Shop.

Last edited:
Got the same email. Ive done business w trop in the past and will certainly put them on the preferred list after this

Not sure what to think about this...

1) I though it was illegal for an FFL to show anyone other than ATF inspectors their 4473's... even local cops
with a warrant.

2) What are the exact terms of the agreement? The email reads...

To participate in the Glock Blue Label program a dealer must allow Glock access to audit “qualifying credentials” of its Blue Label customers. Typically these credentials are a form of identification verifying the individual is a member of one of the groups listed in the Blue Label program.
Recently a representative of Glock entered our establishment and demanded access to view our records related to all Blue Label sales, specifically our ATF Form 4473s, which contain very detailed, personal and identifying information of our customers. We refused the Glock representative access to this information.

The credentials identification is for the FFL to verify qualifying individuals. How is Glock supposed to
"audit" and verify the authenticity of that information without referring to the form 4473's?

3) I can understand why Glock would want to audit the purchases... the buyers can not resell the firearms
to the public, and they can only purchase 2 firearms per calendar year

http://us.glock.com/bluelabel

I can easily see a few jack wads ruining for everyone else by abusing the terms by making multiple purchases and resell
them at a profit (it's $75.00 - $100.00 discount).

I agree with what the FFL did, but I can understand Glocks position also.

it sounds like a good program, but poorly executed.

Oh noes, Glock is clamping down on the skinflint program, the world is going to end. [rofl]

Although this PR gaffe is mostly of their own making. Glock should have a special form that the dealers/customer fills out for LE sales that is separate from the 4473. I doubt anyone would give a rats ass if Glock was auditing THOSE forms.

This isn't the first problem I've heard of with this program and I doubt it'll be the last.

-Mike

Oh noes, Glock is clamping down on the skinflint program, the world is going to end. [rofl]

Although this PR gaffe is mostly of their own making. Glock should have a special form that the dealers/customer fills out for LE sales that is separate from the 4473. I doubt anyone would give a rats ass if Glock was auditing THOSE forms.

This isn't the first problem I've heard of with this program and I doubt it'll be the last.

-Mike

That would work, or the purchaser sends verification of their eligibility directly to Glock. Glock sends them a unique coupon
or PIN#, the purchaser takes it to the FFL. Glock could easily ensure that the person is not purchasing more
than allowed, and they could eliminate having someone go around from FFL to FFL verifying compliance.

not feeling so great about glock requesting 4473's.
also not feeling so great about 4473's in general as they are nothing short of pure infringement

WRT the blue label program, i'm assuming glock is being pressured from above, probably because there's a degree of fraud going on secondary to either the blue label program being enjoyed by non-qualified buyers or resale, etc....who knows. i am just a lowly civilian so all this .gov stuff is way above my head.

How dare Glock has the audacity to sniff around my cabinet?

Attachments

• johnnie_walker_blue_label.jpg
    johnnie_walker_blue_label.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
If Glock wants to suck LEO dick and give them a discount for buying their shitty product, they should have a web form for the LEO to enter all the information Glock wants (like a Dept. and Badge number), and mail the LEO a coupon that participating LGS would honor.

****ing morons. Who taught them how to do business?

ETA

Props to LoginName for having my brilliant idea before I did.

ETAA

Is anyone surprised that an equipment discount program for cops is being abused?

Last edited:
i'll give you fifty bucks to get rid of it. that'll show glock! bastards!

It would send the wrong message if he were to sell the gun. OP I will dispose of it for you. The fee is a mere $75

An even better idea and a way to show Glock that their guns aren't worth a penny is for me to dispose of it for for you for free.

Last edited:
If Glock wants to suck LEO dick

If you've seen the program, it covers a lot more than LEOs. Shit, anyone with any kind of a badge or public service EMT/firefighter/dog catcher can get in the program. [rofl]

-Mike

Why the hell does it matter what the buyer ends up doing with the product after he paid the price they asked (discounted or not)? Makes no sense at all. If I decide to sell something at a wholesale price, that is because I decided to do so, and it's none of my business what the end buyer does with it. What am I missing here? That's like Costco trying to jamb up customers that buy soda and other products in bulk, only to turn a profit on them in their stores or restaurants.[rolleyes]

If you've seen the program, it covers a lot more than LEOs. Shit, anyone with any kind of a badge or public service EMT/firefighter/dog catcher can get in the program. [rofl]

-Mike
As can the entire .mil, to include the Guard and Reserves.

Why the hell does it matter what the buyer ends up doing with the product after he paid the price they asked (discounted or not)? Makes no sense at all.

It makes a lot of sense if you're Glock. The Glock blue label deal is a contract, that sells guns essentially at fixed, lower prices. That's why it matters. Blue Label people flipping guns effectively undercuts the market. The buyer is accepting the "no resale" and "purchase limits" clauses in exchange for getting a way lower price... and to most people, they can easily accept these terms.

-Mike

Why the hell does it matter what the buyer ends up doing with the product after he paid the price they asked (discounted or not)? Makes no sense at all. If I decide to sell something at a wholesale price, that is because I decided to do so, and it's none of my business what the end buyer does with it. What am I missing here? That's like Costco trying to jamb up customers that buy soda and other products in bulk, only to turn a profit on them in their stores or restaurants.[rolleyes]
It's called enforcing price discrimination.

This is no different that drug companies trying to prevent the import of Canadian drugs, of the eye laser company that obtained FDA approval only for the version that software enforced a per-use fee, while selling the identical unit without the per-use fee outside the US - and using the lack of FDA approval to prevent re-import of the version without the per-use fee.

Some companies are also concerned with price support - get caught reselling SureFire products for $.01 below full retail and you will be cut off from your wholesale supply.

Glock should end their stupid program of special pricing and the problem solves itself.

Glock should end their stupid program of special pricing and the problem solves itself.
It's not even remotely unique to Glock. Practically every brand in the shooting and generally "tactical" world offers special MIL/LEO pricing.

EDIT: And the big secret is that anyone can find prices just as good as the special pricing, and often with less hassle but just a little patience.

Last edited:

Let me guess, you think it's stupid cause you don't have a power ranger badge (of some sort) so you can't get the better price? [laugh] (btw, neither do I.)

The whole thing is really much ado about nothing. This is really an issue between the dealers and Glock more than anything else. The level of BS between various brands and the dealers is a whole enchilada of crap unto and of itself.

-Mike

It's not even remotely unique to Glock. Practically every brand in the shooting and generally "tactical" world offers special MIL/LEO pricing.

I know. They should all end the crap.

Let me guess, you think it's stupid cause you don't have a power ranger badge (of some sort) so you can't get the better price? [laugh] (btw, neither do I.)

The whole thing is really much ado about nothing. This is really an issue between the dealers and Glock more than anything else. The level of BS between various brands and the dealers is a whole enchilada of crap unto and of itself.

-Mike

How'd you know? [laugh]. I just don't like the concept. Some EMT gets a discount, small business owner doesn't. Just give everyone the same pricing. Any time companies do stuff like this, they are asking for people buying and reselling.

I know. They should all end the crap.

How'd you know? [laugh]. I just don't like the concept. Some EMT gets a discount, small business owner doesn't. Just give everyone the same pricing. Any time companies do stuff like this, they are asking for people buying and reselling.

You are right that if they want to end people buying and reselling the only 100% foolproof way to stop it is charge everyone the same place, otherwise someone somewhere will engage in arbitrage.

However, from an monetary standpoint I do get why they would offer special pricing to a specific subset of people in order to get market share and also to have something to toot their horn about. When my company sells software to a school we give them stuff for 15% of retail, 15% its barely enough money to have to deal with the questions of some college kid who doesn't want to read the manual. However, once you get someone using it then they are more likely to buy that product/item again because they are familiar.

As for why and EMT gets a discount and a small business owner doesn't, its probably all about publicity. Glock doesn't want to jump up and down and say they are the besty best because they give discounts to small business owners who are the backbone of economy or something. They want to jump up and down and say they are the besty best because they give discounts to people who "protect and serve" the community.

However, I am sure everyone would be excited if a manufacturer offered a discount if you sponsor a community baseball team or organize a farmers market, that would get so much press right? right?

To be fair, I don't get paid for going out on calls. Don't think anyone in my community would be bitching about the whopping $100 discount I get on a Glock. Nor would I bitch if I wasn't eligible for that discount.

Back
Top Bottom