Glock demands 4473s from gun shop for Blue Label Progam

FYI part of accepting Glocks blue label program is allowing a rep to come in and view 4473s and the supporting documentation (typically a sheet with the info from the LEO / FF / .mil ) or a photocopy of the ID when allowed by law. They are not asking for copies, just a look to make sure a specific SN blue label gun is going to someone that is due the discount. The dealer knew this when they signed up.

This is also why: http://www.fbi.gov/kansascity/press...ying-bribes-and-kickbacks-to-glock-executives

Glock is just trying to avoid another Federal debacle with a big mover IMO

I just don't like the concept. Some EMT gets a discount, small business owner doesn't. Just give everyone the same pricing. Any time companies do stuff like this, they are asking for people buying and reselling.

Glock would not have been as successful as they are today if it wasn't for them playing heavy petting with first responders. It's a genius marketing move, actually. Even if the concept is beyond gay (people giving default credence/credibility to others just because they have a badge or a certain job) all Glock is doing is exploiting the piss out of it to sell more guns to "everyone else". We all know that "uncle so and so who is a cop" gets gun questions all the time, and when Uncle so and so tells 4 different non-badge-non-responder types to buy a Glock, even if only 2 of them do, Glock wins.

-Mike

I had to fill out a crapload of extra paperwork for a program gun... so I don't understand why they would need to see the 4473.

My guess its because glock wants to make sure someone's not playing "****ey ****ey" on the back end. EG, lets say they get all this paperwork, but when the guns come in the guns end up getting actually transferred to someone who is ineligible.

-Mike

Last edited:
It makes a lot of sense if you're Glock. The Glock blue label deal is a contract, that sells guns essentially at fixed, lower prices. That's why it matters. Blue Label people flipping guns effectively undercuts the market. The buyer is accepting the "no resale" and "purchase limits" clauses in exchange for getting a way lower price... and to most people, they can easily accept these terms.

-Mike

A similar situation exists with CMP purchases... an organization that practically accepts anyone that
owns a firearm.

It was never intended as a marketplace for members to purchase firearms and ammo and flip it at
gun shows at laughable prices, and in the process, members who are more concerned with the hobby
than making a profit are left empty handed.

I know. They should all end the crap.

How'd you know? [laugh]. I just don't like the concept. Some EMT gets a discount, small business owner doesn't. Just give everyone the same pricing. Any time companies do stuff like this, they are asking for people buying and reselling.

I think that's what happened with places like Brownells, Midway USA, etc offering cheaper prices for 03 FFL's.

It's been awhile since I've bought anything from them, but the last time I did, the 03 discounts were only available for
very few select items.

it was as if the jimmies of thousands suddenly were rustled.

I'm waiting for all the non green members to complain about the unfairness of NES members getting special discounts,
deals and the like.

I mean... like why should they be entitled to 15% off TG Garden events or 25% off Friday night lap dances at Squires in
Revere just to name two? [banana][banana][banana]

Last edited:
Whatever....this is a non issue. If you want a blue label discount then be subject to the rules that Glock significantly discounts these pistols by. If not, pay whatever the regular store or internet price is. Boo ****ing Hoo....

Same thing with dealers.....Just because a dealer does not want to follow the program rules doesn't make them some anti government 2A freedom fighter. GMAFB thinking they are outing Glock on some 4473 BS...I'm sure it's been that way for years, and they have every right to verify eligability and crawl up LEO asses if they want. If you don't agree with the program...just don't be in it.

Last edited:
Not sure what to think about this...

3) I can understand why Glock would want to audit the purchases... the buyers can not resell the firearms
to the public,
and they can only purchase 2 firearms per calendar year

http://us.glock.com/bluelabel

I can easily see a few jack wads ruining for everyone else by abusing the terms by making multiple purchases and resell
them at a profit (it's $75.00 - $100.00 discount).

On 3) above, please quote your source that one can never sell the gun to the public.

As someone eligible to take advantage of this program, I did some significant research back ~2006 on buying a blue label Glock. The contractual agreement with Glock is to not sell it for one year after purchase. We can buy them for approx. cost that a dealer pays, so they don't want to undercut their dealers by having first responders buy cheap and sell, cutting into their dealer program. Yes there are those that abuse this program, like any other program.

There are two ways of buying blue label:
- Fill out the paperwork and pay Glock directly, supply them with your favorite FFL's info and the gun gets shipped to your FFL months later.
- Go to a stocking Glock LE Dealer and buy it over the counter with your ID.

[NOTE: I've bought a couple of handguns under blue label programs, but not Glocks.]

My dealer has said NO LEO Deals for a few yrs...

Not surprised, the AG and EOPS has declared that LEOs can't own any of the new Glocks with large-cap mags even in spite of the new law, so some dealers don't want to hassle with the AG and the goon squad.

Glock would not have been as successful as they are today if it wasn't for them playing heavy petting with first responders. It's a genius marketing move, actually. Even if the concept is beyond gay (people giving default credence/credibility to others just because they have a badge or a certain job) all Glock is doing is exploiting the piss out of it to sell more guns to "everyone else". We all know that "uncle so and so who is a cop" gets gun questions all the time, and when Uncle so and so tells 4 different non-badge-non-responder types to buy a Glock, even if only 2 of them do, Glock wins.

-Mike

Absolutely!

And according to many above, Apple should NEVER have been allowed to outfit almost every school in Amerika with Macs many years ago too! It's Marketing 101 to win the hearts and minds by salting your target audience with product to pay dividends later.

Outside of Commiechusetts the blue label programs (not just Glock) are very broad and all sorts of people are allowed to participate. It is merely due to MA laws that only LEOs can do so in Commiechusetts.

This program is no different than discounts offered employees or other groups of people:
- In the mid-1970s I was able to buy smoke detectors (which were new to the market) at a deep discount due to where I worked.
- My Wife gets a 23% discount from Sprint on our cell service due to her being an employee in the medical field.
- When I worked for DEC, I was able to purchase DEC computers, hardware and software at deep discounts.
- etc.

On 3) above, please quote your source that one can never sell the gun to the public.

I never posted "never". [wink]

These GLOCK pistols must be shipped to law enforcement officers and may not be resold to the general public. Individual officer sales are considered retail sales and are subject to federal excise tax as well as state and/or local sales taxes.

http://www.duncangun.com/Blue-Label-Glock-Program.html

http://www.tactical-life.com/military-and-police/glock-blue-label-program/#glock-blp-solo

I can't vouch for the accuracy or reliability of that information (could be BS for all I know), but it does make sense
to at least try and curb abuse of the program from Glocks perspective.

As someone eligible to take advantage of this program, I did some significant research back ~2006 on buying a blue label Glock. The contractual agreement with Glock is to not sell it for one year after purchase. We can buy them for approx. cost that a dealer pays, so they don't want to undercut their dealers by having first responders buy cheap and sell, cutting into their dealer program. Yes there are those that abuse this program, like any other program.

There are two ways of buying blue label:
- Fill out the paperwork and pay Glock directly, supply them with your favorite FFL's info and the gun gets shipped to your FFL months later.
- Go to a stocking Glock LE Dealer and buy it over the counter with your ID.

[NOTE: I've bought a couple of handguns under blue label programs, but not Glocks.]

Not surprised, the AG and EOPS has declared that LEOs can't own any of the new Glocks with large-cap mags even in spite of the new law, so some dealers don't want to hassle with the AG and the goon squad.

Absolutely!

And according to many above, Apple should NEVER have been allowed to outfit almost every school in Amerika with Macs many years ago too! It's Marketing 101 to win the hearts and minds by salting your target audience with product to pay dividends later.

Outside of Commiechusetts the blue label programs (not just Glock) are very broad and all sorts of people are allowed to participate. It is merely due to MA laws that only LEOs can do so in Commiechusetts.

This program is no different than discounts offered employees or other groups of people:
- In the mid-1970s I was able to buy smoke detectors (which were new to the market) at a deep discount due to where I worked.
- My Wife gets a 23% discount from Sprint on our cell service due to her being an employee in the medical field.
- When I worked for DEC, I was able to purchase DEC computers, hardware and software at deep discounts.
- etc.
I thought the law creating the eops list specifically exempted LEO. What authority is the AG using?

Had no intention on owning a glock anyway... Dislike the angle of the grip everything. Just not my style.. Shoot id take that snart gun over a glock..jk but seriously glocks gaf.. Look bro i got a glock tupperware is dishwasher safe lets finger blast eachother while its in the spin cycle.. Lmfao jp no offense to anyone im tired

I thought the law creating the eops list specifically exempted LEO. What authority is the AG using?

EOPS List exempts nobody (except LE AGENCIES, not individual officers). AG Regs exempt LEOs. AWB wrt LEOs is debatable wrt personal ownership with AG and EOPS saying "illegal"!

AWB wrt LEOs is debatable wrt personal ownership with AG and EOPS saying "illegal"!

It would seem their interpretation is severely compromised since the passage of Chapter 284, as it removed the verbiage “for purposes of law enforcement” from the statute.

It would seem their interpretation is severely compromised since the passage of Chapter 284, as it removed the verbiage “for purposes of law enforcement” from the statute.

The active duty exemption crap is bad enough, it's the retired exemption (or CLEO sign off), that really burns my ass.

Last edited:

Their claim is that (ACTIVE ONLY) LEOs can POSSESS, but it is a felony to buy/sell! Retirees become a felon the instant that they hand in their badge . . . that is their official position. Removing the verbiage didn't add "buy/sell" or "keep" after retirement to that part of the law. Sadly, it gives some credibility to their position.

Whatever....this is a non issue. If you want a blue label discount then be subject to the rules that Glock significantly discounts these pistols by. If not, pay whatever the regular store or internet price is. Boo ****ing Hoo....

Same thing with dealers.....Just because a dealer does not want to follow the program rules doesn't make them some anti government 2A freedom fighter. GMAFB thinking they are outing Glock on some 4473 BS...I'm sure it's been that way for years, and they have every right to verify eligability and crawl up LEO asses if they want. If you don't agree with the program...just don't be in it.

+1

Glock's response

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/04/robert-farago/glock-we-dont-record-4473-info-but/

Glock said:
“We regularly and randomly audit gun dealers to make sure that people in the Blue Label program are qualified buyers. We check the dealer’s copy of their qualifying credentials against the form 4473 to make sure that their ID matches the name on the form . . . We do not record any information from the form.” Radecki says that the audits are part of the agreement for participating in the Blue Label program.

EOPS List exempts nobody (except LE AGENCIES, not individual officers). AG Regs exempt LEOs. AWB wrt LEOs is debatable wrt personal ownership with AG and EOPS saying "illegal"!

Doesn't really matter, and it also only takes about 10 seconds for a dealer to pull the mags out of a blue label box and switch them with cripples, if they really feel the need to.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom