• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock Armorer Training

Gentlemen, Is there any interest in attending a Glock Armorer Course in 2009?. If there is interest, among the forum members, I will arrange for a Factory Glock Course asap in the greater Boston area (Northshore). I need to prove interest, before I engage in arrangements. I can't book a course, with the hopes of "tire-kickers", and then have everything go "Tits-up". I can Do.....but will only Do with serious interest.

Do you have a ballpark price, course hours, and maybe a curriculum you could post? That would help people make a more educated decision.

From what I've read sometimes they're restricted to LE or dealers by Glock themselves.

Last edited:
Yes, Sorry sometimes I assume too much. For Glock Armorer course, check the Glock website, for course info. Course cost will be tailored to the facility and # of students. "LE required" - I can tangle with that, once determination of interested parties. I would like to gauge interest before moving forward.

My certification from Glock has a couple of years left, but I can highly recommend this course. If you get a chance ask for Mark Doneburgh as the instructor. I've taken the class 4 times (certs expire every few years), and Mark does an exceptional job.

I am very interested in taking the course. Please count me in, but pending further details regarding date/time/cost I cannot commit 100% at this time.

I would prefer weekend class time if at all possible.
-Cuz.

From what I found it looks like the course runs about $150. I also found a description of the class.

Armorers Course

Morning

Registration (For Certification Preparation)

* Introduction

* Safety rules

* Function of Safeties

* Field Stripping

* Magazines

* Disassembly of Slide

Lunch Break

Afternoon

* Disassembly of Receiver

* Trigger Configurations

* Disassembly of Entire Pistol

* Sights

* Trouble Shooting / Repairs

* Review

* Written Examination

* Class Completion

http://www.glocktraining.com

I would be in pending time/location/etc.

NOTE: This is a generic agenda. It may be altered by the Instructor.

good progress

OK, Some good responses and levels of commitment. I have interest with some MA State Police, Local City Police, Local Aux. Police, Massport Police, and National Guard. So, this might have good legs. Let this post run for a couple more days, give some more people a chance to position themselves.

These classes are generally held during the week, and often in conjunction with police only instructor workshops. The only civilian dominated class I am aware of is the one that is generally done just before the Shot Show. If the organizer can get Glock to do a course and allow persons without the necessary LE or stocking dealer status to attend, this would represent a rare opportunity.

I would be very interested, $150.00 sounds reasonable, all depends on the date. And if there is any prerequeset.

Time for some clues:

1. The Glock factory training is open only to LE and stocking dealers.

2. If you get them to offer a course admitting NES members, that will be a GREAT accomplishment, for which Glock should be thanked and you should be congratulated.

3. Trying to get Glock to do a course on a weekend, particularly if there will be police attendees as well (remember, this is a work day for them) is pushing it. If Glock offers to do a weekday course, the appropriate response is not "Gee, my non-LEO, non-dealers forum members would like a weekend course" but rather than "Thanks, I'll see you there".

Time for some clues:
2. If you get them to offer a course admitting NES members, that will be a GREAT accomplishment, for which Glock should be thanked and you should be congratulated.
3. Trying to get Glock to do a course on a weekend, particularly if there will be police attendees as well (remember, this is a work day for them) is pushing it. If Glock offers to do a weekday course, the appropriate response is not "Gee, my non-LEO, non-dealers forum members would like a weekend course" but rather than "Thanks, I'll see you there".

Amen Rob. As I think about this further, I would actually even take a couple of days off from work if I have to. I'm very interested.

-Cuz.

Time for some clues:

Which is specifically why I added the caveat to my response.

Thanks for the continued Interest.

As to Point#1. I took the course as Military. "ONLY" is sometimes defeatable and relative.

As to Point#2. I am not trying to do an NES Glock Course. I am checking interest levels and feasability of sponsoring/conducting a Factory Glock Armorer Course. For which, I anticipate participants from LE (State and Local), Military, Gun Dealer, and "Gun Guys" from a place like NES. Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but I have a plan in mind. A plan which might just work. In point of fact, the LE participation is the toughest to count. Because the LE guys say - YES I'M there!. And then they (LE) get the Police Detail call or Overtime call for a $300.00 - $500.00 day, and blow off the training.

As to Point #3. The proposed date would be over a Weekend. The expected majority of LE attendees would be Massachusetts LE. LE in Massachusetts, have what WE call "Details". Those "Details" pay $300.00 or more, and are mostly done on typical week-days (m-f). Details are less available on Weekends, Thus LE is more apt to attend training on the weekend, because chances are they can't work or get a "Detail" anyway. See comments Point#2. So, I'm Not "Pushing It" as sugested. Look around on the MA. Roads: Weekday- LE doing Details everywhere, with every work crew in sight, Verizon,Comcast,Water Dept.,Light Dept.,Highway Dept., National Grid, DPW...ETC. Weekend- LE hopes a water pipe breaks, hopes the VFW has a wedding reception, hopes a telephone pole goes down, all so "They" can collect a payday.

Keep up the good work. Convince ME....that this is worth doing.

Can someone tell me approx. how many people are in a course like this? Is it around 30 in a class or more like 130?

Thanks,
-Cuz.

Back
Top Bottom