Glock and M&P

good to know info so if i ever get another 1 but don't have one now

When I had m&p 9c I tryed that did not work I had a Ma one that could not pull the trigger with out the mag ,

It does work, you just needed to think outside the box. Clear gun (check it again and again to be sure), open slide, flip lever down, close slide, re-insert mag, drop striker, remove mag, remove slide. I know this works because I just tested it 2 minutes ago. (I don't own an M&P, but I am babysitting one).

BTW there are/were MA compliant SKUs that don't have the mag safety in them. It is not required for compliance.

-Mike

I really don't get the obsession about the take down.... really, is there some kind of Take Down Nationals, where the winner gets a prize if he can take the upper slide off faster..

M&P trigger jobs run upwards to $100? I'm seeing a few used ones for $399...even adding the money for the trigger, that's still a lot cheaper. Might be the way I'm heading to get started.

M&P trigger jobs run upwards to $100? I'm seeing a few used ones for $399...even adding the money for the trigger, that's still a lot cheaper. Might be the way I'm heading to get started.

All you need is the Apex sear, $39 plus shipping. This gives a nice crisp 7lb pull and shorter reset. You can also replace the trigger spring $3, for a 5lb pull with Apex sear. I did not like the mushy feel of this. I think just the sear works great. I just bought a full size 9 and will be only replacing the sear.

Hey what about the H&K USP? It's now Ma compliant! I've never fired one but I hear they're amazing!

Having owned a whole bunch of them, not really. They are very reliable, very accurate.... trigger is DA/SA, typically, sometimes LEM. Both are nothing like a Glock or an M&P striker fired setup. Mags are really expensive (for prebans), or sometimes even for limited capacity mags. You can make the DA pulls better with some work, by taking the whole gun apart and lightly polishing stuff in the right places- but there's no getting around the fact that there is a lot of friction built into the USP's design. Ok, I've blathered on enough already... but if I was to put it in one sentence.... The M&P and the Glock pistols are a far better value overall than the USP. Say if I spend $800 on a handgun iwth the USP I'm only getting the gun. If I get a Glock or an M&P, I'm getting the gun, a crapload of mags, (at least 4 extra) and probably parts/service to get the trigger wherever I want it, if needed.

-Mike

To the OP, like most have said asking which one is better is pointless in my opinion. Both are high quality guns. It really comes down to which one YOU like better in your hand and can shoot better. This past weekend I went to American Firearms School in Attleboro, MA and tested out a G26 and an M&P9c. After I shot both for quite some time I made the decision the G26 feels better in my hand. I was equally accurate with both but something about the G26 felt better in my hand. That doesnt mean Glock is better than M&P, all that means is a Glock felt better in my hand and that's all. I recommend you go and rent a Glock and an M&P and you make the decision on which one is better for YOU and ignore all the Glock vs M&P bullcrap on the internet.

Understood. I just wanted to throw in some additional comments to prevent any Glock VS M&P debates. But like I said I recommend shooting both before making a purchase.

Having owned a whole bunch of them, not really. They are very reliable, very accurate.... trigger is DA/SA, typically, sometimes LEM. Both are nothing like a Glock or an M&P striker fired setup. Mags are really expensive (for prebans), or sometimes even for limited capacity mags. You can make the DA pulls better with some work, by taking the whole gun apart and lightly polishing stuff in the right places- but there's no getting around the fact that there is a lot of friction built into the USP's design. Ok, I've blathered on enough already... but if I was to put it in one sentence.... The M&P and the Glock pistols are a far better value overall than the USP. Say if I spend $800 on a handgun iwth the USP I'm only getting the gun. If I get a Glock or an M&P, I'm getting the gun, a crapload of mags, (at least 4 extra) and probably parts/service to get the trigger wherever I want it, if needed.

-Mike
Thanks for the review! I was torn between this and a 1911 for my next purchase. Looks like I'll be swinging toward the 1911 :)

I own both Glocks and M&Ps and have shot both extensively. I prefer the M&P trigger, sights and grip and also find it to be more accurate than both of my Glocks (22 and 24L). The Glocks, however, have proven to be more reliable (no light hits/better ignition).

I own a m&p9 and a glock 23. The m&p was my first pistol and I decided to buy the glock after I shot one that my friend rented at AFS. I haven't had any problems with either gun, except that my glock came with a NY1 trigger spring, which I don't like, but trigger springs are cheap and easy to install. Try shooting both guns and see which one you like best and if you like both you can always pick up the one you don't buy first sometime in the future.

I've owned both, I prefer the Glock.

in MA the only thing the m&p has going for it is price.

don't spend stupid money on a Glock, they are 500 bucks brand new anywhere else in the free world

LOL I paid $700 for a gen 3 glock 27, then I ended up selling it to my buddy for the same price, unreal I tell you, rumors have been around for a long time about a MA approved newer Glock anything

If you knew the history of Glocks and the MA AG, you'd understand that Glock will never have any new guns for sale in MA to the public unless/until the AG Regs go away . . . and I never expect to see that happen, but would be thrilled to be proven wrong.

Where can one get the $2.75 spring? Thanks

Not sure what gun you are asking about or where you are located.

But if it is Glock parts, I know that First Defense in Uxbridge has a good supply of Glock parts. I think that Four Seasons in Woburn probably does too, but I'd advise calling ahead before hitting the road, just in case.

Both are nice guns IMO, the main thing that steers me away from the M&P's in MA is the lack of pre-ban mags. I'd much rather have 17 rounds in the G17 than 10 in the M&P.

This.

Plus the very much proven reliability that Glock offers, and also their customer service is above and beyond anything you could ask for.

I have 4 Glocks and have shot them for years in competition. I ran into a good deal on an M&P 45 this week so I picked it up. So far I am impressed with it and it fits nicely in the Glock holsters as well. Just have to get the Apex kit in it.

That pin inside that has to be push down and the take down lever. And also the second time it was shot the front sight dot feel out never had that happen with any other firearm

White Testors model paint.

It doesn't HAVE to be pushed down. You can pull the trigger just like you do on the glock.

Not quite. If he had one with a mag disconnect, its impossible to do without flipping the stupid little lever down. One of the reasons I took the thing out when I did the APEX kit.

Not quite. If he had one with a mag disconnect, its impossible to do without flipping the stupid little lever down. One of the reasons I took the thing out when I did the APEX kit.

Did you see my post earlier in the thread? It's not impossible, just a pain in the ass because of the extra steps involved.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom