Glock 41 dropping magazines after every discharge

Have a Glock 41 MOS, one year old and less than a 1000 rounds through it.
Have 6 standard mags, every round fired drops the magazine.
Replaced mag release and release spring.
Still happens
Where can I bring it near Wakefield for service?

just was nosing around the inter webs. some chatter on the same issue at glock talk and the brian enos forum. just sayin, you may want to take a look.

Still happens

If the mags seated and you've already replaced the parts that hold the mag in, the next step is to figure out if your accidentally pressing the button.

If the guns forcing the mag out... you'll know. It'll blow the entire mag release off the gun. Somethings letting it out..

Is it something specific to gen5 or else?
no, some of the threads started a few years ago with a couple posts from this year. i was surprised it was the 41 only, they didn't mention another model glock. but i didn't look up different models, sooo and one never knows, one or two of the newer posts could have been our op and i say that because those postings, the guy only has 2 posts to date. he may have been elsewhere looking for answers, i dunno. we'll see when he comes back.

Shoot the gun with literally just your web of your hand and your index finger touching it, or some way where NOTHING is near the mag release. If nothing can touch the mag release and it still comes out, I'd say it's either a mag or gun issue. We had a rash of our 'new to us' Glocks dropping mags after our switch from HnK.

Pretty much everyone had a mag come out, it wasn't the gun. We just all had to learn where the release was. Embarrassing, but not fatal.

Shoot the gun with literally just your web of your hand and your index finger touching it, or some way where NOTHING is near the mag release. If nothing can touch the mag release and it still comes out, I'd say it's either a mag or gun issue. We had a rash of our 'new to us' Glocks dropping mags after our switch from HnK.

Pretty much everyone had a mag come out, it wasn't the gun. We just all had to learn where the release was. Embarrassing, but not fatal.

That, but I am betting theres some f***ery afoot here and it needs help, probably messed up frame or something.

Still happens

Can't help you with the service near Wakefield, don't know shops in that area.

If it does it with six differen mags, (all OEM), then the problem is very, very unlikely to be the mags.

Do you feel/hear a solid CLICK when you insert the mag?
After the mag is inserted, what happens if you tug on the bottom of the mag?

If no CLICK and/or the mag pulls free - then the magazine release/retainer isn't holding the mag in.
Which means that it's defective, or you aren't seating the mag solidly enough.

If it's solidly holding the mag in, then chances are that you're pressing the mag release when you shoot.
Which says that you have a consistent grip, but it's not a good one for this gun.

I have a Gen 4 G41, (along with a couple other glocks), and haven't had this problem, nor heard of it before.

[edited to add proper seating of mag]

Last edited:
what did glock say when you called them?

Call Glock, get a repair order, and send it in. They will replace the internal parts, test it and send it back to you with no charge for the work.

Yeah I wouldn't bother with a local gunsmith on this one, I would just send it back to Glock. I had a M57A Tokarev that had this issue, among others.

That, but I am betting theres some f***ery afoot here and it needs help, probably messed up frame or something.
Not really, just us guys who'd been shooting HnK's for a decade or more, suddenly there's an 'actual' thumb release. It was disheartening to see red shirts dropping mags, but we eventually got it figured out. Most of us used our middle fingers and thumb to drop the mag on the HnKs.

If you have two mag release buttons. Trim one off so it is almost flush. Then fire it. You will need to use something to push the mag release. Odds are very high it is you hitting the release under recoil.

We had a rash of our 'new to us' Glocks dropping mags after our switch from HnK.

Pretty much everyone had a mag come out, it wasn't the gun. We just all had to learn where the release was. Embarrassing, ...
Word.[angry]

... but not fatal.
ETA:
Well, they weren't my mags.
A lot of Operating Operators dump theirs on the ground every weekend
doing rapid mag changes, but that's not how I'd want some noob student
to treat mine even if the floor is linoleum.

I had a sig that did the same thing.
Turned out my thumb moved slightly during recoil and it would drop the mag.
I adjusted my grip a bit and no issues.
I couldn't even feel the mag release while gripping it to fire.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This!!!

Word.[angry]

ETA:
Well, they weren't my mags.
A lot of Operating Operators dump theirs on the ground every weekend
doing rapid mag changes, but that's not how I'd want some noob student
to treat mine even if the floor is linoleum.
I've never not dropped a mag, on concrete. It's a fatal 'muscle memory' to develop. I've dropped steel, and now plastic, mags thousands of times to no ill effect.

I've never not dropped a mag, on concrete. It's a fatal 'muscle memory' to develop. I've dropped steel, and now plastic, mags thousands of times to no ill effect.
[thumbsup]
I'd have seen "what's the best cushy-mats for action bays to keep my mags pristine?" threads
if it was a real problem with those shooting disciplines.

But it's all fun and games until some dumbass student ruins your mag...

That’s the beauty of Glock mags. They’re cheap and easy to replace any parts that get damaged.

Not like those $200 Bevin Grams tuned SVI mags…

That’s the beauty of Glock mags. They’re cheap and easy to replace any parts that get damaged.

Not like those $200 Bevin Grams tuned SVI mags…
People in MA have to deal with the non lined up notches which are VERY fragile at this point.

Sucks to be them. [rofl]

[thumbsup]
I'd have seen "what's the best cushy-mats for action bays to keep my mags pristine?" threads
if it was a real problem with those shooting disciplines.

But it's all fun and games until some dumbass student ruins your mag...
At the very first Pink Pistols event, a friend dropped one of my (full, preban) GI mags on the concrete pad, breaking the aluminum body and spilling ammo all over the place.

Shit happens. Sometimes a 30 year old magazine falls on the ground and breaks. Don't mistreat people's stuff, but also don't let fear of breaking it stop you from training effectively. (Among others, one of the reasons instructors charge for classes is so that they can afford gear.)

If the only problems you have can be solved with money, do you really have a problem?

People in MA have to deal with the non lined up notches which are VERY fragile at this point.

Sucks to be them. [rofl]

Lolbut, no. Only if soft or whatever. Further, 10 rd mags that arent complete dog shit are readily available. (and cheap) If it came down to it I'd rather have those
than a larger capacity u notch shitmag. f*** those things. Blech.

Back
Top Bottom