Glock 41 dropping magazines after every discharge

G41 is not available in gen 5

guarantee the OP is either using aftermarket parts or is unwittingly depressing the mag release.

Lolbut, no. Only if soft or whatever. Further, 10 rd mags that arent complete dog shit are readily available. (and cheap) If it came down to it I'd rather have those
than a larger capacity u notch shitmag. f*** those things. Blech.
Ive had several of my u notch break in half from light use. Others cracked.

Lolbut, no. Only if soft or whatever. Further, 10 rd mags that arent complete dog shit are readily available. (and cheap) If it came down to it I'd rather have those
than a larger capacity u notch shitmag. f*** those things. Blech.
U notches get a lot of hate but are they really that bad? Talked to some ppl who replaced the ~30 y.o. spring and had 100% reliability

U notches get a lot of hate but are they really that bad? Talked to some ppl who replaced the ~30 y.o. spring and had 100% reliability
Thry work until the spline cracks but im not paying someone 10 cents for one let alone 60 or 90 bucks for clapped out trash that was trash the day it was made. Ugh.

Thry work until the spline cracks but im not paying someone 10 cents for one let alone 60 or 90 bucks for clapped out trash that was trash the day it was made. Ugh.
ok. igy that they are not worth current market value, kind of junky compared to every other factory glock mag iteration, and only are still in circualtion because of their pre-94 status.

I hear people like you, and even some well respected gunsmiths say they are not good. Makes me debate carrying a good/reliable one in my CCW vs using a 10 rder.

Not really, just us guys who'd been shooting HnK's for a decade or more, suddenly there's an 'actual' thumb release. It was disheartening to see red shirts dropping mags, but we eventually got it figured out. Most of us used our middle fingers and thumb to drop the mag on the HnKs.
I have both Glock and HnKs. Not an accidental trigger of mag release.
The mag drop issue happens with even the range master shooting it.

U notches are bad designs and it appears that the plastic they are made out of has issues with age and fragility. As I noted I've had several that broke (straight down the back top to bottom) and many others that cracked. The non metal lined old school U notches suck, they are horrible magazines.

The new ones seem to be great and hopefully they last.

Last edited:
I have both Glock and HnKs. Not an accidental trigger of mag release.
The mag drop issue happens with even the range master shooting it.
In that case, you may have a legitimate issue with the clearances on the mag release. I know it's not a huge deal to remove it, I don't remember if you said you did or someone else said they did or should.

That pistol is simply a machine. Sometimes machines don't get put together correctly.

In that case, you may have a legitimate issue with the clearances on the mag release. I know it's not a huge deal to remove it, I don't remember if you said you did or someone else said they did or should.

That pistol is simply a machine. Sometimes machines don't get put together correctly.

Every once in awhile parts arent even molded/manufactured correctly.

Many years ago I had a G21 Gen4 that was so bad (in terms of brass to face issue) that instead of trying to fix the thing Glock service just gave up and replaced the entire gun.

Every once in awhile parts arent even molded/manufactured correctly.

Many years ago I had a G21 Gen4 that was so bad (in terms of brass to face issue) that instead of trying to fix the thing Glock service just gave up and replaced the entire gun.
It happens. Hell, sometimes your sites are even off.

Most of the time, it's the shooter though. :D

Exactly. Try it one handed from both hands. Take your grip out of the equation.
its not the shooter. I have had 5 or 6 different 10mm glocks all had mag dropping issues. I have been shooting for 40 years and never had this problem on any other handguns. got tired of buying new mags and still having the problem. I have replaced the mag catch, spring, and mags. It is definitely a design problem, not the operator.

its not the shooter. I have had 5 or 6 different 10mm glocks all had mag dropping issues. I have been shooting for 40 years and never had this problem on any other handguns. got tired of buying new mags and still having the problem. I have replaced the mag catch, spring, and mags. It is definitely a design problem, not the operator.
Are you the OP? Why the brand new account?

At the very first Pink Pistols event, a friend dropped one of my (full, preban) GI mags on the concrete pad, breaking the aluminum body and spilling ammo all over the place.

Shit happens. Sometimes a 30 year old magazine falls on the ground and breaks. Don't mistreat people's stuff, but also don't let fear of breaking it stop you from training effectively. (Among others, one of the reasons instructors charge for classes is so that they can afford gear.)

If the only problems you have can be solved with money, do you really have a problem?

Could you rebuild the body of the mag and still have it classified as pre ban?

Could you rebuild the body of the mag and still have it classified as pre ban?
Maybe?
Preban GI magazines are still like 30 bucks. Figuring out how to repair it probably costs more. Paying an attorney to prove the point (if it came to that) definitely costs more.

I have a 29gen4 that has never dropped a mag unintentionally and has at least 5-600 rounds through it.

Back
Top Bottom