• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 19 Upgrades

I currently am fooling around with an Agency Arms drop in trigger AND I have a Punisher logo slide plate.

I'm doomed.

But you are the LAWR, you will be fine.

I put a set of straight 8's on mine, and then did the drunk dremil undercut and I have no ragrets. The rest of the pistol is fine as it is, although I am probably going to do the $.25 polish job at some point. My trigger has gotten a bit gritty over the last 2 years.

ETA, I have a Gen4 and feel that it is far better in the hand then the Gen3. If I were shooting my Gen3 more I would likely get drunk and play with the dremil some more.

- - - Updated - - -

Do I need a Glock 19? Like will the world end if I don't have one?

Yup.

I just picked up a G19 trade as well, and only thing i did was put on some Talon grip tape/wrap, and ordered a stock trigger spring. It was around 20 bucks in total and cant see what else is needed in a second hand gen 2 Glock.

I have a 19,and a 17 had a 42 but sold it.All I ever did was clean them,don't need fancy sights,trigger,or the grips all cut up.They work just fine the way they are,but that's just me.

Only thing I did on a gen 2 LE trade after fixing the NY trigger is a Vickers extended mag release and rubber talon grip. I bought a grip force adapter cuz I tend to get a little slide bite from it but for some reason I can't bring myself to put it

Sights, stop. Forget all of that customization. I have a ghost 3.5lb connector in a couple of my glocks and they are great, tried one in my Gen4 G19 and took it out immediately.

Skip the trigger guard undercuts and remove it completely
52d2fe1c930049e6f5fc8ba45d1d55a6.jpg

What about the Vicker's Tactical models floating around, worth it?

Def worth it.
they come w extended slide stop, extended mag release, mag baseplates, fiberoptic front and blacked out rear sight, and some other stuff. Ignoring the name or whether or not one is a fan of Vickers, I would say its well worth the sligjtly extra $$. Plus they ship will all the original parts too so if you dont want the vickers bling on the gun u can take it off.

for me the coolest is the gen3 RTF2'larry vickers model. Very nice.

Def worth it.
they come w extended slide stop, extended mag release, mag baseplates, fiberoptic front and blacked out rear sight, and some other stuff. Ignoring the name or whether or not one is a fan of Vickers, I would say its well worth the sligjtly extra $$. Plus they ship will all the original parts too so if you dont want the vickers bling on the gun u can take it off.

I have less then zero interest in a endorsement Glock, but I will say the fact that they give you all the stock parts with it as well is pretty awesome.

Def worth it.

I've been told you can't order the Vicker's model anyway, I guess it's made in small batches and you have to get lucky to find one for sale.

If you plan to use the gun for range only that is one thing, but if it will double for self defense you may want to pick your upgrades carefully. Last thing you need is a prosecutor painting you as a gun nut intent on shooting someone because you installed a "hair trigger" and had a "Punnisher" slide cover on your Glock. I think I picked that up on a podcast and thought it worth noting.

So I guess I'm screwed then with my Zev internals, Ghost ring night sights, and Infidel slide cover.

I found them amusing, and I got them cheap. Probably going to swap them out for something else though. Once I started carrying the g19, found the rear site would snag on my shirt far too often.

Biggest upgrade I'm looking for is G19 pre bans. Anyone have recommendations on where to get some? It seems ludicrous that I'd have to pay $50 per mag.

Oh man 50 is cheap these days even for U-Notch. Best advice is trying to find someone who doesn't know the MA market for these, or maybe it's just NES. There are plenty sitting in drawers across the country I'm sure where they no longer have to deal with the AWB so reaching out on more national forums might help (some of the more easily spooked might caution against this). I've been slowly picking one or two up here and there when I see a decent price. Supply is low, demand is high, so you pay a premium for a 20+ year old magazine, often double or more what a new mag costs.

Biggest upgrade I'm looking for is G19 pre bans. Anyone have recommendations on where to get some? It seems ludicrous that I'd have to pay $50 per mag.

You need to keep digging. The best sources of these things are bulk boxes of mags in free states where whoever is selling them doesn't care if they are "pre ban" or not, because the seller doesn't want to deal with segregating mags from the bin for .02% of the market. [laugh]

-Mike

You need to keep digging. The best sources of these things are bulk boxes of mags in free states where whoever is selling them doesn't care if they are "pre ban" or not, because the seller doesn't want to deal with segregating mags from the bin for .02% of the market. [laugh]

-Mike

Where would one find "bulk boxes of mags"? I know it's kind of a silly question but it's not something I've ever come across other than my first and only gun show last winter, which makes sense. Time to fit more shows into the schedule.

Where would one find "bulk boxes of mags"? I know it's kind of a silly question but it's not something I've ever come across other than my first and only gun show last winter, which makes sense. Time to fit more shows into the schedule.

Go to out of state gun store and look in the used bin.

Rileys used to have one but it gets cleaned out pretty fast. You need to look at alternative sources, the guys listing preban mags are obviously getting them somewhere and they're not paying $50 a mag for them, I'll tell you that much. Network a little bit. There are like 100 large gun forums on the internet. You can find pretty much anything if you're willing to put in the legwork. Glock mags, even old ones, aren't exactly that uncommon.

-Mike

Just got my hands on some U-notch mags and was thinking about installing +2 to +4 extensions. Anyone have any insight into what extensions work for those generation mags?

Go with easily reversible (and inexpensive) upgrades because your preferences may change.

For Gen3 G19s (carry) I like the following:
  • Pre-ban 15rnd magazines where legal.
  • "-" 3.5lb connector with the NY1 spring for reliability (broken trigger springs are no fun)
  • Vickers extended magazine release (easier to press without shifting your grip)
  • Night sights of your choice (TruGlo fiber/Tritium in green front/yellow rear works well)
  • Make sure the slide lock spring is the newer wide version (broken slide lock springs are no fun)

I need to try out that Ti safety plunger - looks interesting.

Painted the fading night sights that my gun came with (girlfriend was rather curious why the F I had nail polish on my desk). Extended slide lock because I had trouble reaching the stock one with my right thumb. Mags. Ammo. Done. Gun works great.

Undercut trigger guard with a Dremel while you are drunk and crying. Stipple it and then have massive regrets when you wake up hungover. Put Dawson sights on it. Toss some rubber bands on the grip to drive people bat-shit crazy. Also, mark your magazines with googly eyes. This is what I did, and my life is great. #noragrets

And for the last step, put it on the market in MA for $1,750 (and sell it for $1,900)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom