• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glenn Beck "Gun Control"

I was looking at some books to read this summer and this popped up. Generally I did not watch his shown and on occasion when I did watch he would piss me off with some of his asinine statements. But, this got some good reviews on Amazon and I was just curios if anyone here has read it.

I've made a career in sales, marketing and psychology...these folks freak me out.

From what I've seen, Beck's another mass-media sorcerer, like O'Reilly, Hannity, Maddow and Alex Jones.

These people connect on a basic concept ("Pro-2a!") to draw a wide audience. After that, comes a revisionist history, black-and-white thinking, heavy emotion, and identifying a villain with a call to action.

Regardless of whether you agree with the initial point, you'll buy into a bunch of BS and get steered toward someone else's agenda. This format is destroying Americans' ability to reason, debate and ultimately remain free.

Not a fan.

Last edited:
It's a good book IMHO. The first part is dedicated to facts and anti gun quotes (which he rips apart). The second half addresses current cultural valuesand beliefs. A good short read, definitly worth it if you find yourself sickened by always hearing talking heads calling for bans.

I havent read any of his other books but I'd say this one is spot on!

Last time we talked about Glen Beck there was a good faction of people who said he was some kind of genius revolutionary who was going to change the course of politics in America...that HISTORY WOULD REMEMBER GLEN BECK!

I offered the opinion that he was another talking head grandstanding nincompoop who was juuuuust about to disappear from the public consciousness.

Gonna go ahead and claim my victory on that one.

I really wish I could remember the original language people were using. It was honestly some of the most ridiculous stuff I've read on the interwebs, which is saying a lot!

I woudl be willing to put money on the fact that at some point in the not to distant future some nut will do something WAY out there and when caught he will say that Beck said that ______ was going to ______ and I had no choice.

Back
Top Bottom