• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Give us your money!

Just received another fundraising call from NRA... Woman with very curt voice and attitude cut to the chase and just about demanded money. WTF? Do these people even care that it is winter, and heating is costly, and taxes are coming and state of RI is going to squeeze everything out of me and my wife as small business owners? Just nothing to give now. Water from the stone ain't coming out. Upon hearing that I just renewed and frankly do not have spare cash, woman busily offered membership for family. What, for my Mother in law? She barked at me and hung up. I am just going to stop treating call from NRA as something special and start treating like the rest of phone junk calls. And as far as I am concerned, money goes God knows where- people from CO, NY and CT got shafted and where was NRA money to help them out? We had our own fight, were testifying in front of judiciary committee on several occasions, don't recall any NRA help... Getting really bothersome. Rant out.

Tell them you you have been a member for x years and renew every year, but if they call you ever again they will never see another dime. Works for about 2 yrs and then you have to do it again. Use the mail in the fireplace.

My wife and I are both NRA members, but I don't feel that they actually do anything for us. They refuse to take on cases that will work toward repealing some of the bad gun laws out there and are always willing to compromise...compromise that has led to our rights slowly but surely being stripped away. I give much more money to GOA every year. They refuse to compromise and actually work toward getting the bad laws reversed.

Well, I tell ya, I was posting with some trepidation here, thinking NRA fans will bash my head in for the rant. Just the callers attitude did me in- poss long work hrs talking too...

I on one hand get so fed up with liberals I actually make myself feel better by donating 5-10$ to goal NRA comm2a often. Then tell the liberal I made a donation in their name. It's very therapeutic.

All you can really do is this:

Tell them you you have been a member for x years and renew every year, but if they call you ever again they will never see another dime. Works for about 2 yrs and then you have to do it again. Use the mail in the fireplace.

and become a voting member to change the organization from the inside.

Remember that your support pays for the whole safety and training side of the NRA as much as it does the lobbying side. They are by no means a perfect organization, but far better than nothing.

I also highly recommend sending an email to to the membership @ NRAHQ email contact indicating "Please add me to the "Do Not Promote List"" to knock off the junk mail and adjusting your member setting online to avert email spam.

I can say they do work a lot of cases as well as support a lot in the background. Sometimes not having their name come up is better for the cases. They put a lot of effort into various races and legal efforts to get anti 2 laws challenged or tossed. They cant do it alone and neither can GOA or GOAL or etc.. they need our full participation. Im not saying theyre perfect but I work with many organizations and these guys do a lot more than I think people see. As for the calls, just be up front an tell them to either reduce them or take you off the list. They will abide.

Sent from the blind

I let my NRA membership expire about 5 years ago, I got tired of all of the phone calls looking for money to junk mail up the wazoo from them!

Ha! When the NRA hounds call I pretend to be a gun control person....it is good for a laugh and they leave me alone.

"why do we allow people to own those killy assault rifles"?

They hang up like their hair is on fire, LOL!

But front.jpg if they gave away my favorite AR T shirt,

I might reconsider....

Last edited:
I can say they do work a lot of cases as well as support a lot in the background. Sometimes not having their name come up is better for the cases. They put a lot of effort into various races and legal efforts to get anti 2 laws challenged or tossed. They cant do it alone and neither can GOA or GOAL or etc.. they need our full participation. Im not saying theyre perfect but I work with many organizations and these guys do a lot more than I think people see. As for the calls, just be up front an tell them to either reduce them or take you off the list. They will abide.

Sent from the blind

This. The NRA name is poison in MA, so they work behind the scenes and support GOAL. In fact this months America's First Freedom had picture of Jim Wallace and a story about the licensing delays that the state is famous for. Just as you don't see a lot of mention of the SAF in this state.

If you don't want to give money to the NRA, then give the amount you would give to them to GOAL, SAF, GOA, JPFO, or any other organization.

As for the NRA calling for donations, I'm a life member and they still call. That folks, is what caller ID is for.

Geez, I thought it was just me that is fed up with NRA tactics and behavior, with regard to asking for more free money..

They aren't the only ones. I get irate when charities I support hire paid callers to shake down their donors. Sadly, everybody does it now. Its especially offensive when you get a call from a paid caller three days after you make a donation. My favorite has to be the time CARE.org called me at work and the woman told me that 40 children die of starvation every minute because not enough people donate. That was the last time I ever gave to them.

Out Of Area.......... Speaks volumes

Mine say "NRA" and a number. I get a ton of other calls from 800 numbers and I ignore them all. Occasionally my mother in law calls, I ignore those calls too. Just about anyone I actually want to talk to has my cell number.

I did get a phone call from a collection agency week or so ago. I called back the number and spoke to a guy. He asked me a couple of questions and determined that someone had given my phone number as their contact information. He said he'd take my number off the account and it appears he has since they haven't called back.

Sorry to go off track. The point is if you don't want to donate to the NRA, then donate to another pro 2A group.

My wife is a life member courtesy of her father. I contribute monthly to Comm2A and couldn't care less about the NRA. Anyway...

She has recently been receiving 2-3 calls per week requesting donations. All were from different numbers, so the calls could not be blocked.

First, she tried (online) to change her number on file to 000-000-0000 and the request failed because it requires a valid area code.

Her number as listed with the NRA is now 508-000-0000 and the calls have predictably stopped.

They called my cell the other day. I was at work, and was expecting a call from an unknown number, or I wouldn't have answered. I tried to explain that I would be happy to speak with them about money, and that I was on their side, but I was at work and couldn't talk. No dice, she barreled through her pitch without listening. I hung up. Comm2a will get my money. I will continue to be a member of the NRA, but no extra num nums.

Submitting for consideration:
What would 2a look like without NRA?
This.

Raising money sucks, but without raising money, the Bloomberg, Brady, Soros, Feinstein, et al. self-styled elites of the world and their sycophants disarm us because no one stops them.

Suck it up buttercup. If you feel you've given enough at any given moment, hang up. If you feel there is some other org you'd rather give to, then give to them.

The fact is that politicians don't like an armed populace and neither do elites - whether actual elite or sycophant media talking-head. Those that tolerate it are the exception rather than the rule. If a vacuum forms around this issue, they will write laws that hurt us. PERIOD.

So, unfortunately, it requires constant white-noise, lobbying, pressure, and observation to stop the inevitable creep against our rights.

This. Raising money sucks, but without raising money, the Bloomberg, Brady, Soros, Feinstein, et al. self-styled elites of the world and their sycophants disarm us because no one stops them. Suck it up buttercup. If you feel you've given enough at any given moment, hang up. If you feel there is some other org you'd rather give to, then give to them. The fact is that politicians don't like an armed populace and neither do elites - whether actual elite or sycophant media talking-head. Those that tolerate it are the exception rather than the rule. If a vacuum forms around this issue, they will write laws that hurt us. PERIOD. So, unfortunately, it requires constant white-noise, lobbying, pressure, and observation to stop the inevitable creep against our rights.

That's what I was hoping someone would say in response to the inquiry. Exactly how I feel.

GOAL or Comm2A will do more in this state than the NRA, though I am an NRA member as well.

That IS pretty clear. However, the NRA does do some good for country-wide laws, and their magazines are fine. I have decided to remain a member, but contribute locally.

NRA would do a hell of a lot better with fundraising if they had local lawsuits going...some indication that our money was being used well instead of just paying some ahole's salary

Back
Top Bottom