• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Get your butt to Boston - GOAL Super Alert - Wed 28th!!!!

There have been several good speakers opposing the proposed airsoft laws.

The current doofus seems to have no clue about firearms laws. Someone really needs to take him to the range. He looks and acts like he is 12. I suspect he’s never had a father figure. He needs one desperately.

View: https://i.imgur.com/J3NE1zv.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Crap, I've been photographed twice...

Looked like a really good turnout initially, 3 to 1 odds for us in the beginning. I bailed at 12:45 because I was straining to hear the people speaking from the far side of the room.

Who was the bitchy rep/senator that told the 3 pro guys that "I'm not finished"...she was also the one who asked the 4 pro women how many guns do they own. The crowd was not pleased with that.

People from far and wide though, there was a guy next to me from Florida who came with a friend (and had pics of a very nice Tavor) and a man and woman on the other side from Maine. Us locals received condolences from both.

It was over an hour ago but there was a woman that was brutally raped and now carries a gun who testified. She was unbelievably brave. She called the legislatures racist and told them how expensive it was for her, the restrictiveness of the firearms laws and she clearly stated her concerns. She was well recognized by our side after she was done.

Guys....Testimony should be prepared in advance.....please.

I was prepared and rehearsed many times to check my timing and cadence, but damn, I really need to take up "Toastmasters" Public speaking or something, as when I went up to testify, I was totally out of my element. Yes, I'm passionate about this subject, but I could have represented us better. I did some last minute trimming to get it under the 3 minute mark, which I did hit spot on. Now if only I could shoot like that... :(

I've done small town politics (which is a crazy "S" show in itself) but this is my first time doing the State House thing. I learned a lot, so next time I'll be more comfortable. Sad to say, there will be a next time.

While I said other things, I ended with:
"My main point was to have DA's prosecute all gun charges and not plea them out. We don’t have to be the top state in the nation with the toughest gun laws, we need to be the top state that is the toughest on evil criminals. Let’s become the most feared state in the nation to do evil gun crime"

Off subject, only slightly, I was the older balding short guy wearing grey dockers and black polo shirt. I sat two sections over from center in the back row. I don't know what any of you really look like as we all go by "avatars". I could have been standing right next to you. Next time, I'm wearing a NES polo.....just have to find a NES polo and have "a73elkyss" embroidered on it. Hint hint....:D

I chalk it up as a learning teachable moment and will do better next time.

Jay

Of all the topics I heard, I think the most pressing efforts are going to be focused around "ghost guns".

The case in Cambridge unnerved them, I think.

The law enforcement pair who testified about the Cambridge case of the guy who did a total end run around licensing (and state control) by making 50 or more 80% pistols and a handful of AR's "without ever even having once applied for a license to own one"--and all of it happened via UPS and the US Postal Service.

It made them realize that their sense of state control is an illusion.

The remedy proposed--banning the sale of non-serialized spare parts and requiring background checks to purchase spare parts--yeah, that's totally retarded, but I don't think that is going to stop them from trying, and I think they are going to start suing for customer records.

Just my guess.

You got up and spoke, which is more than most of us did.

While I said other things, I ended with:
"My main point was to have DA's prosecute all gun charges and not plea them out. We don’t have to be the top state in the nation with the toughest gun laws, we need to be the top state that is the toughest on evil criminals. Let’s become the most feared state in the nation to do evil gun.

Jay

This is a great point, but of course they'll never do it. When the feds did this during the Clinton Administration, crime fell. If the state won't do it, the Feds should.

Back some years ago, we had NES name tags made. I still have mine, but forgot to bring it of course.

When was the last time the legislature extended an olive branch to us?

For me, that time has passed, widespread and unashamed non compliance is required or we will have no choice
but to flee or resist.

Actually the legislature DID extend the olive branch in 2014 remember?
Then Malevolent Maura snatched it away and threw it in the fire in 2016

I'm very surprised that they showed any pro 2A people. Or did they just show video without audio?

Just saw myself testifying on Channel 5. You can see the passion in my face. Not pretty, but hell, have never been a pretty face. There is a reason why I don't get Mrs. a73elkyss new eye glasses. :eek:

Jay

Per testimony.....900 illegal firearms were straw purchased in 2018?

How many were prosecuted as straws? Should be, Ida know....900?

Obviously you didn’t take the anti gun math course!
It’s different than regular math
The results always come out in your favor

[QUOTE="Garys, post: 6413031, member: 408"]I'm very surprised that they showed any pro 2A people. Or did they just show video without audio?[/QUOTE]

I only saw the camera pan for a crowd shot to the Pro 2nd side once. I found it interesting, and wondered exactly what had caught the camera man's attention.

He didn't film when Goal was speaking. During the moment he suddenly decided to film the Pro 2A side, the Antis were speaking, absolutely inane gibberish, and the Pro 2nd side were mostly bored and tuned out and looking down at their phones texting, etc.

Then he swung the lens over and shot the Anti's, who were watching in vitruous, rapt attention.

Back
Top Bottom