• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Garand or SKS?

How much are these "new / newer" finds going for ?
Palmetto has them for $449.99.

My guess is Atlantic will put them out for that or $499.99...

Removed a link (premiumgunstore.com) and photos after a review of questionable sales practices. ~Enbloc

Last edited:
Now that com block surplus ammo is as expensive as commercial ammo, I don't really see the point of these. But that's just me.
For me; owning and shooting these MilSurp firearms was never about "the cheapest import ammo" it was always about the gun... always the gun. 😍

~Enbloc

Removed a link (premiumgunstore.com) and photos after a review of questionable sales practices
i see, i guess $350 would indeed be too good to be true now. a $500 - nah, it is not worth $500.
plus damn thing rusts like crazy, and keep it in cosmoline to clean before shooting and put in on again after each shoot - is way too much hassle.

i see, i guess $350 would indeed be too good to be true now. a $500 - nah, it is not worth $500.
plus damn thing rusts like crazy, and keep it in cosmoline to clean before shooting and put in on again after each shoot - is way too much hassle.
Yeah, I never heard of Premiumgunshop,com, but they were showing "In Stock" and low priced (for the times) but a few reviews of the vendor showed HIGH SCAM probability.
I did not want to send anyone down a rabbit hole...
~Enbloc

Found this interesting new modification to the SKS... smoothbore (partial) caliber!

the ,366 TKM SKS

1626722613088.png

*Note: A few times the Russian guy says "1954"..."Since 1954" etc.

The SKS was designed by Sergey Gavrilovich Simonov in1945. Simonov also is credited for creating the M43 or 7.62x39 round that we all know and love...
1626724369336.png 1626724577267.png

Last edited:
Author shows the Palmetto State Arms Type-56 SKS's...

Nothing says "Don't take me seriously" like that beard and hair cut. Actually sorta impressive people are still clinging to the cringe hipster Jesus beard with 4th Reich hair.

It's like what wearing flip flops means when you go out with your friends for drinks. It means "if we get in a fight, I'm not helping." [rofl]

Appearances matter, and can say a lot. [rofl]

TOP QUALITY SKS STRIPPER CLIPS!

I have found N.O.S. Czech BXN SKS/AK stripper clips at Numrich Gun Parts. As many of you know the BXN and Circle-31 stripper clips are among the best and most dependable out there.

These rarely come up for sale and when they do they are $3 bucks each for a well used one. (at least in the current market)

I got mine for $.97 cents each (that price includes tax and shipping) in packs of 20. They are brand new N.O.S. and are very lightly covered in the factory waxy grease.

These won't last long!

Stripper Clips, 7.62 x 39, 10 Round (Pack of 20) | Gun Parts Corp.

1627574583420.png

STRIPPER CLIPS, 7.62 X 39, 10 ROUND (PACK OF 20)​

$17.95​

Manufacturer: SKS
Model: TYPE 45, TYPE 56, 59/66
Product #: 981530B
1627574609260.png

Last edited:

I have found N.O.S. Czech BXN SKS/AK stripper clips at Numrich Gun Parts. As many of you know the BXN and Circle-31 stripper clips are among the best and most dependable out there.

These rarely come up for sale and when they do they are $3 bucks each for a well used one. (at least in the current market)

I got mine for $.97 cents each (that price includes tax and shipping) in packs of 20. They are brand new N.O.S. and are very lightly covered in the factory waxy grease.

These won't last long!

View attachment 507011

$17.95​

View attachment 507012
Nice, just snagged a couple packs.

I keep 3 of those in in a fanny pack on my Russian🤣 40 rnds grab-n-go, with a poker.
20210724_215354.jpg

FOR FREESTATERS:

Mil. Surplus Yugo M67 7.62x39 ammo (has CORRO primers) at Atlantic Firearms. IN STOCK.

This is nice ammo, when you can get it, but requires detailed cleanup after range trip. (not a big deal)

Yugo M67 Ammo SALE - AtlanticFirearms.com

That's really expensive even now. AIM has wolf that looks to be .20 cheaper per round

These won't last long!

View attachment 507011

$17.95​

View attachment 507012
Ordered two packs of these after seeing your post. Just got delivered, interestingly one bundle is bxn and the other is (31). Hopefully the black 31 work alright, ive had better luck with the grey military ones. In my particular sks that is, ymmv.
Looking forward to trying them out, glad to have more finally. Only had a half dozen which doesn't last very long at the range.

Attachments

• 20210812_104158.jpg
    20210812_104158.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 7
Ordered two packs of these after seeing your post. Just got delivered, interestingly one bundle is bxn and the other is (31). Hopefully the black 31 work alright, ive had better luck with the grey military ones. In my particular sks that is, ymmv.
Looking forward to trying them out, glad to have more finally. Only had a half dozen which doesn't last very long at the range.
I've had very good luck with the circle 31's . If you don't like them, let me know. I'll swap out for BXN if you like.
What country of manufacture is your SKS?

~Enbloc

Lol, as long as they're not NcStar stripper clips... [rofl]

1628802901603.png

I also am wondering if the BXNs are almost gone? Those don't grow on trees...

Maybe if someone else buys some they can post it up...

I've had very good luck with the circle 31's . If you don't like them, let me know. I'll swap out for BXN if you like.
What country of manufacture is your SKS?

~Enbloc

Lol, as long as they're not NcStar stripper clips... [rofl]

View attachment 511985
Good news, these fit great! They are blued not black like I orginally said, my fault. These are real deal, much higher quality then the knock off black ncstar ones I've received from places in the past. I knew the grey with a stripe fit fine so I've just looked for those and disregarded any others. Bxn fit perfectly as well. Stoaked to finally have a bunch now, Thanks for sharing this!

Rifle is 1957 chinese sks, I know now it was never a "picky rifle", just a shitty batch of clips I had gotten in the past.

Yeah the gray with black stripes are military issued as loaded strippers. They are a great clip for any SKS. As far as I know all BXN are also military contract. The (31) circle-31 are very good strippers too. !957 ChiCom is very early on and a nice sample to own. Literally the second year of the Type-56.

Most likely a /26\ (Arsenal 26)

Can you make out your stamp?

Yeah the gray with black stripes are military issued as loaded strippers. They are a great clip for any SKS. As far as I know all BXN are also military contract. The (31) circle-31 are very good strippers too. !957 ChiCom is very early on and a nice sample to own. Literally the second year of the Type-56.

Most likely a /26\ (Arsenal 26)

Can you make out your stamp?
Thats what I read as well. I have i think 7 of them and thats all I had that worked. Glad to be able to a whole trips worth preloaded now instead of having to do it at the range a few times. Been paranoid about forgetting one there too lol
And yes it's a /26\. Late 1957 with 2 million serial prefix. Sweet rifle, i love it. Actually came to me in one of those bakelite/fiberglass jungle stocks too.

Attachments

• 20200626_190941.jpg
    20200626_190941.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210812_203512.jpg
    20210812_203512.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom