Galco Holsters Customer Service?

So I emailed Galco customer service to tell them that the NEW DAO104 holster that I bought lost some hardware the first time I ever wore it. They want me to buy the hardware that fell off and told me that I should use clear nail polish on the threads to prevent it from happening again. The hardware is only about $5 with shipping.

Should I just pay the $5 or should I push for free hardware? Anyone ever deal with Galco customer service before?

Thanks,
/John

I wouldn't have gotten off the phone without either the missing hardware, or a shipping label to send it back with a refund..

Last edited:
Wow...I own nothing but Galco leather (except the recent USP holster drgrant gave me and a Mika pocket holster) and they have always been excellent in both hardware, quality and customer service. I wonder is something has changed? Perhaps you got a bad rep, but I'd call back.....You should not have to modify jack to keep a holster together...I'd climb the ladder. Five-bucks is five-bucks...

You should not have to modify jack to keep a holster together...I'd climb the ladder. Five-bucks is five-bucks...
Agreed.

You didn't purchase a hacksaw, sheet music stand, etc. - you bought a ~$70 (so says Froogle) holder for a firearm, presumably intended to be used for every day carry, in which actual retention and use of said firearm may be required.

did you buy it directly from Galco? if you bought it at a shop i'd try there first...but if you bought directly from Galco i'd say keep calling customer service and if possible talk to a supervisor

To be clear, I did not talk to anyone on the phone. I inquired via a customer service email address I found in the literature that came with the holster. I got a email response from Mr. Jared Sellers of customer service at Galco. He cave me an 800 number to call to order the part for $5 including shipping. I will call tomorrow and ask for a free part.

Thanks guys,
/John

In addition to what other people have about giving them a call, why not use loctite instead of clear nail polish? I suspect that you're more likely to have loctite around than nail polish, or at least that you'll have more uses for it in the future.

no

you call the retailer and demand a replacement, no BS about fingernail polish,
no shipping charges. the retailer made the profit, so they own the problems.

they should be able to get a credit from Galco.

JimB

If you need to use something to keep their hardware secure on their product they should tell you that in the instructions. Better, they should provide you with Loctite blue if it's needed. Even better, they should design their holsters so that they aren't defective.

Hell, I'd return the thing and tell whoever I bought it from that I don't buy expensive and defective products.

I have a LOT of Galco holsters and have never had to pay anything for repairs/parts.

Their customer serice has always been great.

I bought two Chicago screw replacements at one time. I called up. They charged me $5 each. I got it a few days later. I did not think to ask for them for free. They were for a friend who had a very old holster. He paid for them.

They were helpful on the phone.

I also bought a large assortment of replacement parts from Comp-Tac. I did it online and commented exactly what I needed. They forgot to send 2 packs but I got them after I told them of the mix up. They were sorry and fixed the problem pronto. It worked out in the long run because I got more smarties.[smile]

I was not mad at all at Comp-Tac because in the past the send me a cool ball cap that I requested with my order. No charge with my order.

Seems to me that both Galco and Comp-Tac will go out of their way to please their customers. I am happy with both companies.

.....why not use loctite instead of clear nail polish? I suspect that you're more likely to have loctite around than nail polish, or at least that you'll have more uses for it in the future.

LOL... in my original email I suggested that they send me the hardware and I would use loctite to keep it from comming off again. Then in the reply he said to use the nail polish...LOL. I will be using loctite.

Also, I have not called them yet. Been working like crazy (13 hour shifts) and keep forgetting. I will update what happened when I call (hopefully today).

/John

Back
Top Bottom