• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SIG customer service on my 320X

After waiting 4 months for my Sig 320X carry Pro, the gun just didn't feel right in my hand. I held more 320's at shops and shows before I ordered this one. Called Sig and explained the grip did not feel the same as what I had handled. Rep wanted pics, sent them, says the grip looks just like the ones they have, blah, blah blah, we can't just send parts out to customers, etc. No help there.
Went to my dealer Tony, T&K Tactical in Augusta and he sent his Rep a message about my complaint. My dealer called me yesterday, come in I have a new grip. Went there, put it in my hand and said yup, it's different. Tony took a caliper and measured both grips, yup one was thicker, (mine) but 2 MM which is the difference between a medium grip and large grip. Sounds minute but I could feel the difference.

What pissed me off is the Sig Rep I talked to who wouldn't do anything for me, but yet after reading on Sig Talk about a guy who had two 365 pistols and the serrations were different on the slides, said Sig was going to swap a slide for him. I guess I got the wrong Rep on the phone.
So, if your grip module doesn't feel right, check it against another one at a dealer or show.

I had an issue with my P365, their service responded to me and we went back and forth a couple times over email, then they ghosted me. That was it, no more anything from them. I did some reading, bought the parts and installed them myself.

I had an issue with my P365, their service responded to me and we went back and forth a couple times over email, then they ghosted me. That was it, no more anything from them. I did some reading, bought the parts and installed them myself.
I did have to send my 365X slide back because the front sight burned out in 7 months. They replaced it, no problem. I'm sure they get a ton of requests for replacements or swaps, the disadvantage for them because with the 365/320 formats, being that the FCU is the only serial part, there's no proof of purchase of the slides, barrels, grip modules, if you get the dilemma.
Example, how would they know that the guy wanting a new slide for his 365 was actually purchased new by him? The slides aren't serialized.

For me, I couldn't takedown the gun. It was a part that broke in the fcu but I hear what youre saying about the slides etc.

After waiting 4 months for my Sig 320X carry Pro, the gun just didn't feel right in my hand. I held more 320's at shops and shows before I ordered this one. Called Sig and explained the grip did not feel the same as what I had handled. Rep wanted pics, sent them, says the grip looks just like the ones they have, blah, blah blah, we can't just send parts out to customers, etc. No help there.
Went to my dealer Tony, T&K Tactical in Augusta and he sent his Rep a message about my complaint. My dealer called me yesterday, come in I have a new grip. Went there, put it in my hand and said yup, it's different. Tony took a caliper and measured both grips, yup one was thicker, (mine) but 2 MM which is the difference between a medium grip and large grip. Sounds minute but I could feel the difference.

What pissed me off is the Sig Rep I talked to who wouldn't do anything for me, but yet after reading on Sig Talk about a guy who had two 365 pistols and the serrations were different on the slides, said Sig was going to swap a slide for him. I guess I got the wrong Rep on the phone.
So, if your grip module doesn't feel right, check it against another one at a dealer or show.
we're they both marked medium?

Customer service people have to deal with regular people, but also crazy people, and scammers looking to get free shit. This one could probably be forgiven for not taking you too seriously if all you had was “it just feels different in my hand.” Proof that it was out of spec should have gotten a better response.

My experience with Sig has been less than positive. I needed a trigger bar spring for an SAO P226. I knew the one listed online with the parts finder was for DA/SA. I called on the phone and told the rep what I needed and verified with him the part was for SAO model. You know what happened, they sent the DA/SA part instead of the SAO only.

You go on Sigs website and you can't by some legion specific parts unless you have registered a legion with them. I went to register my P226 legion, purchased second hand, and they won't let you register it if the previous owner has registered it. This means you need to call them up and explain what is going on so they can flip a magic bit on your profile which will then allow you to buy legion specific parts. Maybe they're trying to limit the sale of legion parts to prevent people from making fake legions but I don't buy into that.

yes they are both marked M. Tony told me the Rep said they can't make a mistake because the M is in the mold. I guess my grip proved they aren't consistent. Tony said maybe didn't cool or shrink properly?
Be interesting to know what they have for tolerances on the molds. In general, they’re pretty tight, but nothings perfect.

yes they are both marked M. Tony told me the Rep said they can't make a mistake because the M is in the mold. I guess my grip proved they aren't consistent. Tony said maybe didn't cool or shrink properly?
Thats really interesting, I'd have thought the same as the rep.

Hey Big Al…Sorry for the issues you had. I bought a Spectre Carry that I think is the same size. First thing I did was change out the grip module. Had I known you were having issues, I would have sent you mine. I’ll bet it had a magazine loaded into it maybe 3 times. i had the new grip module before I had the pistol.

I know you‘re going to say Sig needs to get better snd your right; my offer is would have been to relieve some stress in your life. If there was a post about the difference, I am sorry I missed it.

Back
Top Bottom