Funny NH Moment

Why is it that NH has struggled with the Gov's office, Senate and House?.....its because of the NHGOP primarily and out of state money backing the big gov progressive/establishment candidates THEY want in DC......when you throw in the recent export of that POS scott brown from Mass and a pile of out of state money it changes the picture a bit eh?

While this is a very unpopular opinion in NH political circles, I believe that if we're to save NH from the national wings of both parties, we must give up our First-In-The-Nation primary. Make us dead last for all I care, in September when we have our state primaries.

Get the national money out of NH.

On my way to the range this morning, I swung thru my local Dunkins to grab a coffee. The lady in the drive thru asked if I had any fun plans for the day. I said I was headed to the gun range. Her eyes lit up "Oh, that sounds fun. It's not too windy?" I told her it would be fine and went on my way.

On my way home from the range today, I had to swing by my Vape shop to pick up e-juice. Saturdays are busy there, so I was just milling around. There was a guy with his girlfriend, and another guy with his son. The guy with the kid started up a conversation with me about beards of all things. We talked for a bit till I mentioned that I was at the range this morning. The conversation then turned to carry ammo, and the next thing I know, he pulls out the magazine of his Glock. Then the guy with his girlfriend lifts his shirt and pulls out his magazine. I pulled out my Kahr's magazine and the next thing I knew, we were safety checking our guns and passing them around to each other. While all this is going on, the owner comes in, and he's open carrying.

2 1/2 years of living up here, and I'm loving the open gun culture that exists here.

I read this post hours ago and for some reason kept thinking about it. Being a massachusetts resident, i realized i will probably never get to experience an interaction like that.

Connecticut had an AWB before 2012. I used to live on the RI side of the Connecticut border in Rhode Island and it didn't change much from what I saw between say 1994 when I was 3 and now. I was in CT pretty much every day or every week. But that's mostly Windham and New London counties, I know the NY side of the state is being overrun by New Yorkers.

In any state, although there is movement of people, the local core of people doesn't change much in attitude. Vermonters began voting for Bernie Sanders in the 1960s, which was the turning point of the Republicans loosing Vermont and the Dems taking over. Mass and CT have always been the most liberal areas of New England and were designed to be that way before the Puritans left England.

New Hampshire surprises me on occasion. Driving by a dairy farm on the way to Laconia on US3? Massive Bernie sign. Brand new timber frame house off of US3 near Nashua? Massive Trump sign. Random town somewhere? You get all the signs.

I added the emphasis to your quote above. I lived in Connecticut from 1997 until 2016, (I still have a house there - for sale). It changed a LOT after the shooting in Newtown. Malloy rammed through COMMON SENSE GUN LAWS that re-defined "assault weapons", created a new ban, set magazine limits, required permits for longarms and ammunition purchases and a slew of other things.

His "common sense gun laws" are one of the three reasons I'm looking out my window in Georgia right now instead of in Connecticut.

now the challenge is to keep NH like that.

remember that it can change with just one election, With Mass still experiencing "suburban flight, north to NH" with them comes a lot of the same shit that they are trying to escape.

In the last decade, I've personally seen it in Colorado, where the Kalifornians escape to freedom and poison that state. And now I live in CT where the New Yorkers and M*******s effed this place too. One election and some dead kids changed the whole state. Thankfully I didn't see it happen while living in Florida, and while living (briefly) in Georgia, you saw it in the sprawl of Altlanta, but the rest of the state keeps the elected in check

That's pretty much my take down here, dems in Atlanta, but the state is republican and VERY pro 2A. It took me 6 days to get my weapons permit here. That's NOT a typo. Required proof of identification, proof of residency, fingerprints (which they took with the application), payment, the paperwork swearing that I wasn't a felon, drug-user, etc, and the background check that they ran. No classes, no references, no extended waiting period.

If I hadn't wanted to get the permit, I'm legally allowed to posses a firearm on my property including my vehicle under state law...

While this is a very unpopular opinion in NH political circles, I believe that if we're to save NH from the national wings of both parties, we must give up our First-In-The-Nation primary. Make us dead last for all I care, in September when we have our state primaries.

Get the national money out of NH.

I agree with this philosophy but it's never going to happen, even if you can convince political leaders to do it... because there's a bunch of side economic benefits of all those *******s pouring into the state for the primaries. If NH was "generic" primary state nobody would bother campaigning and dropping money into the economy. It'd get opposed because people stand to lose a bunch of money over it that's a side effect of the whole "event". This is one of those "the toothpaste is out of the tube" kind of deals.

-Mike

Last edited:
I added the emphasis to your quote above. I lived in Connecticut from 1997 until 2016, (I still have a house there - for sale). It changed a LOT after the shooting in Newtown. Malloy rammed through COMMON SENSE GUN LAWS that re-defined "assault weapons", created a new ban, set magazine limits, required permits for longarms and ammunition purchases and a slew of other things.

His "common sense gun laws" are one of the three reasons I'm looking out my window in Georgia right now instead of in Connecticut.

The legislators and Malloy were in Connecticut before Newtown and were there before Obama 2.0. Do you think the individual person in Connecticut changed between 2011, 2012 and now?

Gun laws and other laws change, but it's harder to change the people who vote for the politicians who change the laws.

Funny NH moment:

Four-door-down neighbor's wife gets up early because she has horses. Lets the dogs out at 3:30 to do their morning business. 5 minutes later there's a loud commotion and the dogs are going crazy. She looks outside to see one of the dogs wrapped up with a fisher. They're rolling around on the ground. Dog is barking. Fisher is screaming. Other dog is barking. Cindy looks out and freaks. She yells for her husband. "JIMMY!!!" Jim hears the scream. Grabs the gun out of the nightstand and runs outside. Sees the fight and takes a shot at the fisher. Fisher immediately stops and hightails it right up a tree. Jim decides not to try another shot. They get the dogs and go back inside.

Next day, they're talking to across-the-street neighbor.

"Sorry about last night. Did we wake you?"
"I woke up about 3. I heard tons of barking and commotion. Then I heard Cindy yell "JIMMY!", then a gun shot, then everything was quiet"
"What did you do?"
"I rolled over and went back to sleep. THIS IS NEW HAMPSHIRE."

That's the proper NH answer... [smile]

I live well within ear-shot of PF&G... Was talking with my neighbor the other week (one of the days it was snowing most of the day, so he was shoveling when I got home)... He's getting guns again (he had some, then sold them and is getting some again)... Showed him my AR builds and discussed 1911's with him too. When his AR comes in, he wants me to check it out (he ordered it online, so getting a FFL to receive it for him is the hurdle). Found out that the proximity to PF&G is why he moved to the place too (duplex)... It's good knowing that your neighbors are of like mind when it comes to such things.

I've lost count of how many times I've been to a store and the topic of firearms has come up. In NH, the conversation (most often) is very pro-gun. As opposed to the same types of stores in the PRM... I'm talking about grocery stores and other places.

"Sorry about last night. Did we wake you?"
"I woke up about 3. I heard tons of barking and commotion. Then I heard Cindy yell "JIMMY!", then a gun shot, then everything was quiet"
"What did you do?"
"I rolled over and went back to sleep. THIS IS NEW HAMPSHIRE."

attachment.php

Loose plan right now is 1-2 years.....save some freedom for me!

Attachments

• NewHampshire.jpg
    NewHampshire.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 110
Try running a sporting goods dept. in the deep south. [laugh] I have sold more guns to women over 60 than I can count. Nothing makes me smile like seeing some little old lady come through my dept. w/ a cart full of groceries. Because shopping just isn't done until you have picked up a 100 pack of shells, off the shelf, and a few boxes of HG or rifle ammo from the case.

I think about the mid 90's it really started to change and change fast. I grew up there and when I was in my teens (1970's in Billerica) it was not unusual for us to walk done the street with shotgun over our shoulder and the cops would just wave as they went by. We had a rifle range in the High School, Local gun clubs had very active junior shooting programs.

Prior to the 1998 gun law, nobody cared if some one open carried. A LTC was required and the reason to issue was just that, it did not become a statutory restriction until 1998.

I grew up in North Billerica, Garden City to be exact, in the 80's. Graduated BMHS in 1989. We used to walk down the street to the woods with our BB guns all the time, never a second look from neighbors. I also remember the rifle range at BMHS, and my ROTC friends having their rifles at school.

How far back do you have to go? I didn't grow up in Mass, only lived there as an adult. I wonder if you can pinpoint when it started to change.
Back in1962 or 1963 I would hitchhike with my break open single shot Iver Johnson 16 ga.,& hunting coat to go rabbit hunting. I was on Summer st in Stoughton when a cop car pulled up and wanted to know where I was going.I didn't have my license showing,told me to put it on my hat and get in the car. We talked a little he then dropped me off in the fields near the " new " Godard Hospital and said " good luck ".Stoughton at that time also had a rifle shooting team.

Ah yes, Jack's and Vern's junk yards. We used to play there on the weekends when they were closed, and a few of my buddies got rock salt from the old man's 12 gauge in the ass in the process...

We practically lived in those woods, it was our number one place to go shoot BB guns, bows, and play manhunt. And when a few guys in the neighborhood got dirtbikes in our later years, those sand pits after the junkyard were the best!

Last edited:
I like this !

Welcome to New Hampshire

Attention Criminals and Terrorists!

Over 170,000 New Hampshire Residents have a legal permit to carry a handgun

They are armed and prepared to defend themselves and others against acts of criminal violence

You have been warned!

However Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York

have been disarmed for your convince

I like this !

Welcome to New Hampshire

Attention Criminals and Terrorists!

Over 170,000 New Hampshire Residents have a legal permit to carry a handgun

They are armed and prepared to defend themselves and others against acts of criminal violence

You have been warned!

However Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York

have been disarmed for your convince

And no permit needed to Openly Carry!

Back
Top Bottom