• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Funny NH Moment

Infinite Jester

Navy Veteran
On my way to the range this morning, I swung thru my local Dunkins to grab a coffee. The lady in the drive thru asked if I had any fun plans for the day. I said I was headed to the gun range. Her eyes lit up "Oh, that sounds fun. It's not too windy?" I told her it would be fine and went on my way.

On my way home from the range today, I had to swing by my Vape shop to pick up e-juice. Saturdays are busy there, so I was just milling around. There was a guy with his girlfriend, and another guy with his son. The guy with the kid started up a conversation with me about beards of all things. We talked for a bit till I mentioned that I was at the range this morning. The conversation then turned to carry ammo, and the next thing I know, he pulls out the magazine of his Glock. Then the guy with his girlfriend lifts his shirt and pulls out his magazine. I pulled out my Kahr's magazine and the next thing I knew, we were safety checking our guns and passing them around to each other. While all this is going on, the owner comes in, and he's open carrying.

2 1/2 years of living up here, and I'm loving the open gun culture that exists here.

Awesome [laugh] How far north was this?

In MA you just have to pick your friends carefully to avoid moonbats. I was helping a friend move last weekend when we realized that all 6 or 7 of us were carrying.

On my way to the range this morning, I swung thru my local Dunkins to grab a coffee. The lady in the drive thru asked if I had any fun plans for the day. I said I was headed to the gun range. Her eyes lit up "Oh, that sounds fun. It's not too windy?" I told her it would be fine and went on my way.

On my way home from the range today, I had to swing by my Vape shop to pick up e-juice. Saturdays are busy there, so I was just milling around. There was a guy with his girlfriend, and another guy with his son. The guy with the kid started up a conversation with me about beards of all things. We talked for a bit till I mentioned that I was at the range this morning. The conversation then turned to carry ammo, and the next thing I know, he pulls out the magazine of his Glock. Then the guy with his girlfriend lifts his shirt and pulls out his magazine. I pulled out my Kahr's magazine and the next thing I knew, we were safety checking our guns and passing them around to each other. While all this is going on, the owner comes in, and he's open carrying.

2 1/2 years of living up here, and I'm loving the open gun culture that exists here.

I think they have a name for that, it's called freedom.

Not too north. In Hooksett.

I went to Shooter's Outpost today and it's now officially a "Husband Day Care Center" on their sign. Once you go in, it's 100% true too. Saw a wife sitting in the car looking POed, girlfriends/wives in the store staring into phones and then hearings words like "lift kits" and "Mass Compliant." I did see a couple BARs, a C. Sharps and a Burnside carbine for sale.

Besides those three guns though, I really don't think that store carries anything that I want/need going forward.

I went to Shooter's Outpost today and it's now officially a "Husband Day Care Center" on their sign. Once you go in, it's 100% true too. Saw a wife sitting in the car looking POed, girlfriends/wives in the store staring into phones and then hearings words like "lift kits" and "Mass Compliant." I did see a couple BARs, a C. Sharps and a Burnside carbine for sale.

Besides those three guns though, I really don't think that store carries anything that I want/need going forward.

I guess I'm unusual. When my wife comes with it's like she has a magnet for the most expensive handguns. For some reason those are the only ones that catch her eye. We're currently looking for a home to purchase, so I have to tell her no, she can't have a $1000 1911 right now. [laugh]

I guess I'm unusual. When my wife comes with it's like she has a magnet for the most expensive handguns. For some reason those are the only ones that catch her eye. We're currently looking for a home to purchase, so I have to tell her no, she can't have a $1000 1911 right now. [laugh]

I want mine to get into shooting but you've just outlined my biggest fear

I think about the mid 90's it really started to change and change fast. I grew up there and when I was in my teens (1970's in Billerica) it was not unusual for us to walk done the street with shotgun over our shoulder and the cops would just wave as they went by. We had a rifle range in the High School, Local gun clubs had very active junior shooting programs.

Prior to the 1998 gun law, nobody cared if some one open carried. A LTC was required and the reason to issue was just that, it did not become a statutory restriction until 1998.

That's the culture I grew up in. We moved around alot when I was a kid. Lived in Georgia, Montana, Michigan. This was in the early 80's, and there was no such thing as a "gun culture". Most people just owned guns, and didn't talk endlessly about them. They just used them for their intended purpose as the tool that they are.

That's the culture I grew up in. We moved around alot when I was a kid. Lived in Georgia, Montana, Michigan. This was in the early 80's, and there was no such thing as a "gun culture". Most people just owned guns, and didn't talk endlessly about them. They just used them for their intended purpose as the tool that they are.
This until I moved to m*******vania I never worried about firearms. We just had them.

This until I moved to m*******vania I never worried about firearms. We just had them.

When I was a teenager, my dad and I would just pull the car onto the shoulder of the road, walk into the woods to a clearing, and take turns launching clays. It was the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, on state land, and nobody gave a sh*t

Must be a woman thing;my wife is the same way. But nothing sexier than a woman in those red bottom shoes holding a STI.

Hahaha! My former roommate used to be a regular at one the vape shops in Nashua. Based on the number of customers(regulars) and employees carrying, we figured it was the safest storefront on the road. :D

My gf built her own ar15 has a glock 43 and now wants a 19.

Lol you're bitching about a woman that wants guns? You loose in the head?

Not bitching. Just strategically keeping her away from some of the higher end products. She's compiling parts for her AR build right now. She's a little ADD, so we're keeping on track. One thing at a time honey, we'll get you that nice 1911, as soon as we secure a mortgage. It'll be my housewarming present to you. Focus. Focus. [wink]

Yeah, totally a different world up here. Been in NH for 6 years now and have never looked back. I've poked fun at MA gun owners here from time to time but seriously, I felt and still feel your pain

Back
Top Bottom