Fudd Quotes at The Range

Fudd said to me one cold wintry range day that, “M1’s don’t function well in this type of weather.” I asked him if he was in the Battle of the Bulge or on the Frozen Chosin? I was offended when he called me a “whipper snapper.”

LOL, mine shot just fine at minus 7 degrees this winter.

Quotes:

“If it’s not legal in Massachusetts, you shouldn’t bring it to the range.” (Neutered AR with pre ban mags- totally legal)

“We should go ahead and ban 50 cal.”

I guess I'm lucky. . . . or never go to the range. Maybe both.

The worst I ever encountered was some guy with a new-to-him FAL. He had the target set at 25yds. Fired slow fire. Group about the size of a watermelon. "Gosh this groups great. Talk about accurate." LOL

Oh yeah, he had a scope, too!

“We should go ahead and ban 50 cal.”

- California prior to banning rifles chambered in .50 BMG: "We've identified numerous incidents where .50 Cal firearms were involved in a crime."
- Random person asking common sense question: "Can you be specific?"
- California: "Illegal possession"
- Random person asking common sense question: "Had one ever been used in a violent crime?"
- California: "... ... ... ... ... ... ... no"

California passes law banning such dangerous shit so firmly established as a threat to the "health, safety, and security of all residents" of California.

"Is that a Glock? You know those are illegal in MA right?"

"That guns not on the approved roster list. You can't have that."

Sadly this is a common sentiment, no matter how many times I correct someone, they refuse to believe it because their buddy the (Cop, Instructor, FFL, Special forces of some sort) told them so and they know more about guns than I ever will so I should stop telling people lies.

- California prior to banning rifles chambered in .50 BMG: "We've identified numerous incidents where .50 Cal firearms were involved in a crime."
- Random person asking common sense question: "Can you be specific?"
- California: "Illegal possession"
- Random person asking common sense question: "Had one ever been used in a violent crime?"
- California: "... ... ... ... ... ... ... no"

California passes law banning such dangerous shit so firmly established as a threat to the "health, safety, and security of all residents" of California.

A 50 BMG ban was rumored in MA- that’s what prompted the Fudd comment.

After shooting my .44 mag..
"You dont need anything more powerful than a .38 special"

I hate that word, "need".
How the f does he know what my needs are?

Gun ownership and possession was never a need...it is and always has been an obligation. Every American has a duty to protect themselves from tyranny and oppression.

A 50 BMG ban was rumored in MA- that’s what prompted the Fudd comment.
Oh, I know. I just find it funny that anyone would get their panties in a bunch fearing the threat of someone running around with a 30lbs rifle loaded with bullets that are so prohibitively expensive and not commonly available. This makes even less sense than banning certain firearms based on the presence of several cosmetic features.

I don't know if I've ever encountered a fudd before but I did have an old dude and who I perceived to be his granddaughter or child bride with him. every time he called a range cease fire and went down range he had the girl come down and sit at the bench beside me and glare at me until he came back up. I assume she was watching to make sure I didn't touch anything or start shooting while he was down at his target.

You wouldn't happen to be a member at Georgetown are you?

Nope. Sadly enough, this happened at my home range in Georgia. And was said by one of the long range "RO's". He's actually very good with a rifle, but he's pathetic with a pistol and I cringe at some of the things that come out of his mouth.

My match director talked him into shooting a 3gun match with us hoping to create some common ground. He was DQ'd both days for unsafe gun handling. First day he was taking sight pictures on targets while people were down range - (yeah, apparently he didn't pay attention to our safety briefing - no gun handling except at safe table or at the line under direction of RO). Second day he broke the 180, turned around pointing a loaded gun up range; the RO physically intervened when yelling wasn't sufficient. He hasn't come back to play with us.

Nope. Sadly enough, this happened at my home range in Georgia. And was said by one of the long range "RO's". He's actually very good with a rifle, but he's pathetic with a pistol and I cringe at some of the things that come out of his mouth.

My match director talked him into shooting a 3gun match with us hoping to create some common ground. He was DQ'd both days for unsafe gun handling. First day he was taking sight pictures on targets while people were down range - (yeah, apparently he didn't pay attention to our safety briefing - no gun handling except at safe table or at the line under direction of RO). Second day he broke the 180, turned around pointing a loaded gun up range; the RO physically intervened when yelling wasn't sufficient. He hasn't come back to play with us.
I wouldnt likely ever let him back if it was my say... cringeworthy ignorance of safety.

I only ask because we had a similar situation up here at my first meeting while joining the club. Had an older member bitching about "willful ignorance" of someone shooting pistols on the rifle range.

Sadly this is a common sentiment, no matter how many times I correct someone, they refuse to believe it because their buddy the (Cop, Instructor, FFL, Special forces of some sort) told them so and they know more about guns than I ever will so I should stop telling people lies.

While I never usually have a problem, I have run across this a time or two, trying to nicely inform someone, and they start shxtting on me.

So, now when someone tells me my off list gun is illegal, or some crap, I tell them they are more than welcome to MYOB. Honestly I'm sick of dealing with crap anymore.

It's not illegal to be illegal in MA...
While I never usually have a problem, I have run across this a time or two, trying to nicely inform someone, and they start shxtting on me.

So, now when someone tells me my off list gun is illegal, or some crap, I tell them they are more than welcome to MYOB. Honestly I'm sick of dealing with crap anymore.

A BOD member who later became club president for quite a few years (he's the reason I quit that club after 24 yrs):
  • Requested the BOD to shut down the outdoor range whenever skeet or trap was being shot as the noise "bothered" him and some of his friends (he was skeet/trap chairman at the time).
  • The 1998 gun law won't affect us, it might affect our grandchildren.
  • I know all about the 1998 gun law since I have lunch with the clerk of court each week. [This was just before the law went into effect.]
  • We put a restriction of only allowing 6 rds to be loaded on the outdoor range and 5 rds on the indoor range at any time. When I asked him "why" the answer was due to the incident in Westfield (8 yo killed himself with an out of control micro-Uzi).
From a former FFL and now convicted felon:
  • You can buy new large-capacity mags. That was a silly law that expired!

After telling a mouth breather on the trap range to watch his muzzle after being swept the second time:

"Its unloaded"

The clay shooting guys are the WORST with gun safety!
That's being nice. Before I die it's fairly certain that I will be arrested for trying to jam a shotgun barrel directly up the ass of an idiot clay shooter.

I went to a gun store several years ago and I asked if they had any preban normal capacity magazines for a pistol I had. There were a couple of guys sitting in chairs and chatting. One of them overheard me ask the clerk and exclaimed very loudly that he never needed more than 7 rounds in his 1911. Without missing a beat, I turned and asked him how many people he has shot. He was caught off guard and told me he has never shot anyone. I replied well then you don't know how many bullets you need. He was so angry. I thanked the clerk and walked out. Everyone in the shop was laughing at this guy and I heard him tell the clerk they shouldn't allow people like me in the shop. I always laugh when I think about that incident.

"Is that a Glock? You know those are illegal in MA right?"

"That guns not on the approved roster list. You can't have that."

"Are you shooting full auto?" Why yes I am, you have a problem with that?

"Are you a cop? Because only cops can have those types of guns."

I got that from a couple of guys years ago. I had a G19 and a G26 with me. They were just asking if I was a cop. LOL They were good guys. One of them had a Daewoo pistol with the funkiest safety I've ever seen.

After telling a mouth breather on the trap range to watch his muzzle after being swept the second time:

"Its unloaded"

The clay shooting guys are the WORST with gun safety!

Anyone who rests the bbl of the gun on their toe needs some ejamacation. (I know they make toe-holdery-thingies. And some STILL just rest the gun on their foot.)

Back
Top Bottom