Fu@king Trace Adkins

Good video and a great song/presentation. Sometimes just a simple studio rendition is much better than an elaborate, made-up video story.

Thanks for posting it for us.
The Home Free version is even more popular. The song is apparently about his first ex-wife (of three).

Last edited:
Nope.

Amazingly, "Indian" is the official government term for the native people. I used to work at US Fish and Wildlife, and used the term "Indian". A woke shitbag (introduced himself to me as a "Green Beret" - and never recovered any credibility in my mind) started arguing about how I should have used the term "native american" - blah blah blah (he's Cherokee or something too) offensive and racist and colonizer, blah blah blah.
When he was through with his spiel, I reminded him that our Agency, the Department of the Interior, has an arm called "Bureau of INDIAN Affairs". So since we were in an official meeting, he could shove his PC BS up his a$$ and eff right the eff off. My boss couldn't stop laughing at the look on his face.

That said - who's in on a pool for when BIA gets woken and name changed?
Official orgs are always granted an extended grace period to use the terms that have been deemed "cancellation offenses", for example:

United Negro College Fund (that now is named the UNCF)
Massachusetts Department of Mental Retardation (now the Department of Developmental Services - DDS)

And why do u care?
she must be the head of the Trace Adkins fan club or something

or she is the fan club

Throwing her Depends at the stage when he does show up.... oh how the mighty have fallen

He can share the stage with Lorrie Morgan... she is playing all the finer establishments too

neither one of them could get their stuff played on radio even if they paid for play

the Dixie Chicks get more spins

Musical acts / artists make their money by touring, piss off what is left of your fan base after your record deals and tour support in promotion of your latest goes away and you'll be playing to empty seats for a percentage of the gate

His last album was 4 years ago and produced no charting singles

His only meaningful chart showing in the last 10 years was a song he contributed vocals to and was given secondary billing

He is a has been... his career peaked 20 years ago

Marshfield Fair? Topsfield Fair? The Big E? I bet he ends up there soon

edit: I asked a friend that programs a few country stations, he said "Very little. If you play a format of todays country, it's too old. I've got 10 in my station library that plays todays country. One is a duet with Blake. At the first of the year one of those songs goes by by. It's a top 50 from 2001 which is 20 years old, Hasn't had many hits in the 2000's a few in 03 and 04. One in 09 which is the duet with Blake. It doesn't sound right when mixed with today's country songs"

Last edited:
edit: I asked a friend that programs a few country stations, he said "Very little. If you play a format of todays country, it's too old. I've got 10 in my station library that plays todays country. One is a duet with Blake. At the first of the year one of those songs goes by by. It's a top 50 from 2001 which is 20 years old, Hasn't had many hits in the 2000's a few in 03 and 04. One in 09 which is the duet with Blake. It doesn't sound right when mixed with today's country songs"

That's not particularly saying much, given that absolutely nothing in popular "country" music in the last two decades relates to anything that came before; you have to enter the subgenres, and the only real breakout from those is Sturgill Simpson.

I blame Billy Ray Cyrus- a**h*** had his hand in breaking both country and what vestage of listenable top 40 existed over the course of 25 years, starting with his Achy Breaky garbage and ending with that Madonna wannabe daughter of his.

If the Blues Brothers were made today...

americana and western.jpg

Never heard of him but if he's s country singer then I'm glad he canceled. The less of that horrible shit the better.
LOL I'm sure you are from the all country is crap camp, but there's some good (typically older classics but some new) and then there is the formula pop country that is as vapid and inane as any other crap that starts and ends as some producer's idea of what can be sold to the stupid masses.

Official orgs are always granted an extended grace period to use the terms that have been deemed "cancellation offenses", for example:

United Negro College Fund (that now is named the UNCF)
Massachusetts Department of Mental Retardation (now the Department of Developmental Services - DDS)

One of my favorite bits. RIP DW!

she must be the head of the Trace Adkins fan club or something

or she is the fan club

Throwing her Depends at the stage when he does show up.... oh how the mighty have fallen

He can share the stage with Lorrie Morgan... she is playing all the finer establishments too

neither one of them could get their stuff played on radio even if they paid for play

the Dixie Chicks get more spins

Musical acts / artists make their money by touring, piss off what is left of your fan base after your record deals and tour support in promotion of your latest goes away and you'll be playing to empty seats for a percentage of the gate

His last album was 4 years ago and produced no charting singles

His only meaningful chart showing in the last 10 years was a song he contributed vocals to and was given secondary billing

He is a has been... his career peaked 20 years ago

Marshfield Fair? Topsfield Fair? The Big E? I bet he ends up there soon

They pee in them just a bit to get more distance when they throw them. ROFL
That's not particularly saying much, given that absolutely nothing in popular "country" music in the last two decades relates to anything that came before; you have to enter the subgenres, and the only real breakout from those is Sturgill Simpson.

I blame Billy Ray Cyrus- a**h*** had his hand in breaking both country and what vestage of listenable top 40 existed over the course of 25 years, starting with his Achy Breaky garbage and ending with that Madonna wannabe daughter of his.

If the Blues Brothers were made today...

View attachment 534072

Country music sucked well before BRC. I'd say somewhere around the Louisiana Purchase was when it went downhill. ;)

so...are we cancelling this guy or what?
No. He cancelled us. Haven't you been reading the last 4 pages????

Back
Top Bottom