From Ma. GOP: What Maura thinks of burning & looting

Anyone from the Cambridge area?
Recall a row of single story shops on Mass Ave just outside Harvard Square? Empty sloped lot behind it.
Owner would not sell. One night a fire started in the restaurant on the end. Burned the whole structure.
Not long after, there was a new college building there. And if memory serves, a bank.
So When Maura says that, she is admitting that politically connected developers welcome the destruction of small businesses so that those paying for rule changes can buy cheap and build luxury retail and living space that the former tenants could never afford.

Chainsaw Healey strikes again.

View: https://twitter.com/massago/status/681124525094912000

CXPXIDVWcAAvaqE

His wife Charlie Baker is in the house cooking.

I can't believe I didn't see this earlier this month. It's REALLY enough to make me puke. WTF oath did she take regarding the constitution? What part of the Chief L.E. administrator duties allow her to foster and promote such anti-societal rhetoric against the public she's supposed to serve/protect?

Is there a law against that?

Federally there is, though her tweet would probably be an exemption under (b)(1) and (2).
not sure what MA laws are on inciting riots and where the line between 1A and this would intersect.
I was using some hyberbole there, people are responsible for their own actions. Maura should be publicly shamed for her tweets, but I don't think her incitements are outside of 1A speech.

Remember when Brown's stepdad or whatever said "burn this mother f***er down" in Ferguson? And then they burned the mother f***er down?...Is that 1A speech or inciting a riot?
My personal belief is that saying "burn this mother f***er down" in any context is free speech. It's 100% on the shitbags holding molotov cocktails if they choose to actually burn the mother f***er down.

18 U.S. Code § 2102.
(a)
As used in this chapter, the term “riot” means a public disturbance involving (1) an act or acts of violence by one or more persons part of an assemblage of three or more persons, which act or acts shall constitute a clear and present danger of, or shall result in, damage or injury to the property of any other person or to the person of any other individual or (2) a threat or threats of the commission of an act or acts of violence by one or more persons part of an assemblage of three or more persons having, individually or collectively, the ability of immediate execution of such threat or threats, where the performance of the threatened act or acts of violence would constitute a clear and present danger of, or would result in, damage or injury to the property of any other person or to the person of any other individual.
(b)
As used in this chapter, the term “to incite a riot”, or “to organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on a riot”, includes, but is not limited to, urging or instigating other persons to riot, but shall not be deemed to mean the mere oral or written (1) advocacy of ideas or (2) expression of belief, not involving advocacy of any act or acts of violence or assertion of the rightness of, or the right to commit, any such act or acts.

Honestly, there is something wrong with her. Her tweets are insane. I am amazed that people like this can continue to hold office. Comments like this are so wrong on so many levels, especially coming from a person in her position. I know it is not reality, but an Attorney General should be completely unbiased. Her job is to uphold the laws of Massachusetts, she is the chief legal advisor. Period.

I cannot believe that comments like this are not a violation of some statute or standard that a person in her position is held to per the State.

God I hate this State. 30 days from now I will be in Montana with my wife looking at real estate. Maybe, just maybe, we get lucky.
Yep, been there and done that (the Montana thing). Before buying in Montana (since I have family there) I also checked the weather during the winter before pulling the trigger and buying. When we got phone calls a number of times that the temp. hit -35 we decided to hold off. Currently looking at Arizona where the elk hunting is just as good but without the polar bear weather.

Yep, been there and done that (the Montana thing). Before buying in Montana (since I have family there) I also checked the weather during the winter before pulling the trigger and buying. When we got phone calls a number of times that the temp. hit -35 we decided to hold off. Currently looking at Arizona where the elk hunting is just as good but without the polar bear weather.

We also love to ski. Also love the cold. The way I look at it, the only way I am going to find peace for the rest of my life is to live somewhere too unhospitable for people that are not of the same mind as me :)

Back
Top Bottom