Framingham TGI Fridays is now a "Gun Free Zone"

Eventually, you might be arrested for trespassing.
Unlikely, since there does not appear to be a precedent for algorithmic trespass. Under that logic, someone violating a dress code could also be arrested.

A responding officer would have a problem to solve. I doubt that a person who was not drinking; showed his LTC; and offered to leave after settling up any bill would have much of a problem. Officer's problem solved peacefully and quickly. Criminal charges are possible after a "notice of trespass" is given, but I doubt that a sign posting conditions of entry meets the legal definition of a trespass notice.

I have a largeish gathering that I need to book somewhere. So I book it there and then when I stop by the week before to ensure with the manager that all is set and I see the sign and I cancel, face to face with the manager with GREAT SADNESS explaining why.

A week in advance so nobody is harmed...

Unlikely, since there does not appear to be a precedent for algorithmic trespass. Under that logic, someone violating a dress code could also be arrested.

A responding officer would have a problem to solve. I doubt that a person who was not drinking; showed his LTC; and offered to leave after settling up any bill would have much of a problem. Officer's problem solved peacefully and quickly. Criminal charges are possible after a "notice of trespass" is given, but I doubt that a sign posting conditions of entry meets the legal definition of a trespass notice.

Yeah, the Eventually was my lazy way of the bold

I left The Ham a few years ago, so I remember Fridays more from when I was a kid. A very good friend of mine still lives in the area, so we meet up at TGI every now and then. BBC, Angry Hams and other places are better, and we meet there to at times.

Skybox109?

It's in the bottom of the Hampton hotel in Natick on Speen street. Where the natick Owen O'Leary's was before they upped his rent a ton. I think it opened a 1 1/2 yrs ago. Decent place, a bit more pricey than Angry Ham's.

Owen O'Leary's is in Southboro on rt 9 east. They also have a new location where the Picadilly pub was in Westboro. I helped a friend out there when they were renovating over the summer. Nice place, the owner Kevin is a great guy too. They are working on putting in their brew kettles so they can get back to brewing their own beer again as they did in Natick. The fancier Copper kettles are set up already in an enclosed area.

OK so is anyone going to go to TGI and ask if they have a gun check room ? where you can store your gun and then go eat ? Just to bust balls ?

OK so is anyone going to go to TGI and ask if they have a gun check room ? where you can store your gun and then go eat ? Just to bust balls ?

[laugh2]I love it!. I've seen that sign before at the TGIF in I think Milford (a couple of exits on 495 S. off the MA Pike. We meet our son and his family there sometimes because it is a convenient halfway point to where he lives on the Cape. Since concealed means concealed, and I'm always carrying... Fortunately, no one has been shot yet.[rolleyes]

Most chain restaurants just suck. I'd rather go to an independent place than have my money sent to some corporate type sipping pina coladas on a beach somewhere. So it's no great loss.

Also, as most of you know, such signs are not legally binding in MA anyways.

I would have more respect if they just hung a sign saying they don't believe in 2a rights. I am thinking of a T shirt. I believe in the constitution and the the 2nd admendment I may or may not be armed.

OHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I do respect private property rights, but do not respect those who deny natural rights (or law).

This.

Also, I noticed the same sign in the Babies R Us window yesterday, for those with kids, avoid businesses like this.

I have a largeish gathering that I need to book somewhere. So I book it there and then when I stop by the week before to ensure with the manager that all is set and I see the sign and I cancel, face to face with the manager with GREAT SADNESS explaining why.

Group Booking? IN.

No firearms or what? Would I be asked to leave? Seriously, what are the consequences?

This.

It's a policy, not a law....... Policies in MA like this are like traffic lights and stops signs in MA - They're suggestions.

Take the whole Starbucks gun "policy" reversal debacle - Who gives a sh*t what kind of PR circus act they pulled with that, and how many people treated it like they admitted to raping kids, when nothing ever changed for us... I'm still going to get my coffee from them, and I'm still going to carry *concealed* in there. In the event that I would ever need to "un-conceal" my gun in there - Being forever denied my Grande Americano would be the LEAST of my worries, and that day will probably never come.

When it comes to "supporting" these organizations, if someone told me that for every dollar I spend at Starbucks, 50 cents of that will go towards progressive anti-gun legislation, then yeah, I'd be going to Dunks a little more often.

But if these "policies" are part of a bigger picture I'm not seeing, then I stand corrected.

Print this out on a sticker and slap it on their door.

gun-free-cartoon-4_zps6cfc65a9.jpg

Was thinking something along he lines of this.
Go in ask for the manager, flash a wad of cash at him and say, "Gee , you know a bunch of friends and I were going to drop some money in here tonight, till we saw the sign on the door."
"Guess we'll go down the road and find some place run by people who respect our country's constitution."
But thats just me, and i'm a dick . [smile]
Did something similar at a car dealership once.
Some yuppie salesman started talking down to me, I gather because I was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt instead of a suit and tie.
Called the manager over and told him he just lost the sale of a brand new pickup because of dingleberry over there (pointing at sales guy) and walked out

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom