• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Four Seasons Firearms, Woburn, MA

That's what my friend told me, I was like what??

I'll ask him again what the hell he was talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know where he can find preban Ar mags?

- - - Updated - - -

You can find them everywhere millions made .... good source is NES.
I found many on other forums new in wrap prebans for very good prices.

Carl doesn't screw around, if it's ok he sells it. If it's not ok, he won't. Never been asked to fill out anything for preban mags.

I would say without asking Carl himself that it's just bad info that was linked to FSGuns.

I'd be looking at the motivation for starting such a rumor, along with where it came from.
A friend who I trust.

And it's not uncommon for clerks to give out wrong information, especially at FS [thinking]

That being said I do shop there and have bought several firearms through Carl. He does have a lot of nimrods working for him though.

A friend who I trust.

And it's not uncommon for clerks to give out wrong information, especially at FS [thinking]

That being said I do shop there and have bought several firearms through Carl. He does have a lot of nimrods working for him though.

I'm not saying your friend is telling you anything other than what he heard. I shop there as well, and yes, occasionally one of his employees is in need of a little more "training". You hint that you suspect it came from one of them??

Well they would be correct to make him show an LTC-A first but I'd still like to hear what exactly they wanted him to fill out.

Why?

An LTC is not required to possess or buy a stripped frame in MA as it is not a firearm, rifle or shotgun under state law.

There is no conceptual difference between filling out an eFA-10 and requiring a LTC to buy a stripper lower/frame - both are extra-legal requirements voluntarily imposed by the shop.

Last edited:
Why?

An LTC is not required to possess or buy a stripped frame in MA as it is not a firearm, rifle or shotgun under state law.

There is no conceptual difference between filling out an eFA-10 and requiring a LTC to buy a stripper lower/frame - both are extra-legal requirements voluntarily imposed by the shop.

we're talking about pre-ban hicap AR mags here.

Though they do require an eFA-10 for a stripped lower there on black friday. I argued it wasn't a firearm yet but they insisted it was a "firearm" and proceed to eFA-10 it as a .223 caliber rifle with a 0" barrel. Stupid

Though they do require an eFA-10 for a stripped lower there on black friday. I argued it wasn't a firearm yet but they insisted it was a "firearm" and proceed to eFA-10 it as a .223 caliber rifle with a 0" barrel. Stupid
The correct answer would have been "We are aware of the DCJIS/EOPS position, however, we are walking a path of caution until and unless we can get it from them in writing which has not yet happened.".

And thanks for the correction on the topic of discussion.

They are not the only shop that does this. I had two AR lowers transferred through a different shop and they did the same thing. One other shop would not do an out of state transfer of an AR lower under any circumstances.

Shops have to protect themselves, especially in MA.

I didn't argue too much since I had to do it when I completed the lower anyway so they just did that step for me early.

But I still don't see how you can assign something a caliber that has no chamber or barrel on it. I didn't intend to put a 223 upper on it either so it was already incorrect.

I didn't intend to put a 223 upper on it either so it was already incorrect.

[laugh] Do these shops even ask what caliber the completed rifle will be? I guess they're not aware that ARs aren't just chambered in 5.56/.223?...

- - - Updated - - -

Im wondering if they thought he wanted to buy a firearm and sent him to the computers to fill out the 4473

I just returned from FS. Saw plenty of CCI 22 MiniMags and Quiet, 5.56, some 223 in front of the cash registers plenty of 9 and other ammo. Didn't see any 22 SV though.

I just returned from FS. Saw plenty of CCI 22 MiniMags and Quiet, 5.56, some 223 in front of the cash registers plenty of 9 and other ammo. Didn't see any 22 SV though.

How was it? I went in yesterday at 5:30pm and it was a mob scene. Turned around and left...it was full on panic mode in there.

How was it? I went in yesterday at 5:30pm and it was a mob scene. Turned around and left...it was full on panic mode in there.

I was in there around 4 today and there was probably 10 people there. Lots of 22 and apparently no limits. Along with the CCI, there was also a boatload of the Federal 325 packs for I think $20.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom