Four Seasons Firearms, Woburn, MA

Don't even bother calling them. Phone has been on busy signal since they opened this AM. Every day is now Black Friday at Chez Carls.

i doubt they have any free time to look at anything right now, they close at noon today. sat is 9-4 but i doubt things will slow down. everyone will want to spend their newly minted gift certificates.

Went in last week because the flyer said they had 22lr in stock. It was 7:45 on a Thursday night and Carl was about to ring me in when on a lark asked if they had any 15-22's left, they had 3. Punched in my info and passed muster with a few minutes to go. Carl and the salesman thanked me and shook my hand on the way out.

I've been very happy with FS.

Tony

I stopped in last Tuesday, December 16 in the afternoon, deli tickets were out but I went in anyway. Wasn't overly packed inside but steady for sure with an abundance of guys behind the counter helping people. Wanted to have a look at the HK P30SK so one gentleman had one being shown to him and before the sales guy took it away I asked if I could take a look at it as well. Well, you would have thought I'd asked the curmudgeon to hold his 1st born grandson with the look and attitude he gave me. Never had any issue with any of the guys in there but this prick was just miserable. Older fella in his 60's, grayish/brown greasy hair, slight build, glasses, didn't get his name and don't care to ever deal with him again.

As I said though, every other person I've had dealings with in FS has been spot on great and helpful. I'll probably go back after the New Year and pick up that HK P30SK.

I stopped in last Tuesday, December 16 in the afternoon, deli tickets were out but I went in anyway. Wasn't overly packed inside but steady for sure with an abundance of guys behind the counter helping people. Wanted to have a look at the HK P30SK so one gentleman had one being shown to him and before the sales guy took it away I asked if I could take a look at it as well. Well, you would have thought I'd asked the curmudgeon to hold his 1st born grandson with the look and attitude he gave me. Never had any issue with any of the guys in there but this prick was just miserable. Older fella in his 60's, grayish/brown greasy hair, slight build, glasses, didn't get his name and don't care to ever deal with him again.

As I said though, every other person I've had dealings with in FS has been spot on great and helpful. I'll probably go back after the New Year and pick up that HK P30SK.

Maybe they asked the old jerk back, to help with the Christmas rush? Hopefully he'll be back in retirement, after the holidays. I never had any real problems with him, but a lot of people did.

Maybe you interupted his transaction with the customer he was dealing with and he was hoping you would wait until it was your turn to be waited on,so that he could focus his full attention on his current customer who had waited patiently until it was his turn.

Maybe you interupted his transaction with the customer he was dealing with and he was hoping you would wait until it was your turn to be waited on,so that he could focus his full attention on his current customer who had waited patiently until it was his turn.

that's exactly it and why they have the deli tickets, you're supposed to wait till your number is called.

Sexual tension between customer and gun shop worker.

it happens

Figured I would save him the time of re-boxing it, bringing it back to the storage area, only to have to go grab it again. I was more than cordial in my request and he was finished with the other customer so I highly doubt this was the issue. The guy was an ass. That's the bottom line.

Last edited:
I was thinking it might be Tom. He's been missing for quite a while.
Seriously guys, doesn't an insanely busy shop like Four Seasons have a "one customer at a time" policy for its salespeople? I'm pretty sure it does. I think that's why I've had to wait a few times (and even walked out one time) when I couldn't get a salesperson to ring up some simple ammo purchases. When customers outnumber salespeople as much as 6:1 at times, I don't think it would be a great or wise store policy to allow display guns to be handed around like you are expecting. [thinking]

Seriously guys, doesn't an insanely busy shop like Four Seasons have a "one customer at a time" policy for its salespeople? I'm pretty sure it does. I think that's why I've had to wait a few times (and even walked out one time) when I couldn't get a sales person to ring up some simple ammo purchases. When customers outnumber salespeople as much as 6:1 at times, I don't think it would be a great or wise store policy to allow display guns to be handed around like you are expecting. [thinking]

Have you ever dealt with Tom?? What Them Apples is complaining about is legitimate. He was trying to make it easier on an employee by saving him from putting the gun away. There's no reason to be surly to a customer, for doing what he did. Tom was always like this to almost everyone! He treated people very badly, and I can't say I was sad to see him leave.

I'm not bashing FS at all! Just the way some dude treats paying customers. I will continue to make FS my go to shop. Despite all the fanboys here, and I am one of them, we should still be able to voice an occasional complaint.

Hopefully it was Tom filling in, and not a new resurrection of him.

Last edited:
Love Four Seasons. Only dealer I will purchase from. Carl personally shook my hand and thanked me for my first purchase.
Everyone very friendly and knowledgeable. 3 purchases in now with many more to come! Special shout out to John - who I have purchased all 3 from.

I don't know what you're talking about with your last sentence. Some kind of safety hazard??? I don't think Apples was cutting in line, or anything like that. It was his turn, and he wanted to see that gun. What is wrong with that?
They have deli counter tickets for a reason. You are not next in line until your number is called. The person "next in line" might be standing behind you looking at ammo.

They have deli counter tickets for a reason. You are not next in line until your number is called. The person "next in line" might be standing behind you looking at ammo.

In that case you're right, but we don't know if he was finished with the last customer, or not. They don't have the ticket dispenser out 24/7. Even if he overstepped his bounds, he shouldn't have been treated like that. It wasn't a disaster causing mistake.

Crowded with customers today around 12:30. Deli numbers in effect for those interested in guns. Carl and staff efficiently manning the counters. Accessories/ammo customers taken at registers on the left; I was in and out in 10 minutes.

Have you ever dealt with Tom?? What Them Apples is complaining about is legitimate. He was trying to make it easier on an employee by saving him from putting the gun away. There's no reason to be surly to a customer, for doing what he did. Tom was always like this to almost everyone! He treated people very badly, and I can't say I was sad to see him leave.
I've been waited on by pretty much everyone in there over the years. Some are better and quicker than others. None were ever so bad or so slow that I wouldn't go back. Carl is the man and Four Seasons will always be my "go to" shop. [grin]

But I still think they have a "one customer at a time" policy for their salespeople to avoid confusion and the more remote possibility of theft. That's always been my understanding. I'd never jump in and ask to see a gun that someone else in front of me was considering. I've never seen that happen there either... that a salesperson would allow that.

But different strokes for different folks I guess. If that's a big problem for someone, they might be better off shopping at a less busy place. Just sayin'.

Get in line , wait your turn or no soup for you ! Seriously though, with traffic like they have, was Them Apples next ? Cause if he wasn't he would be taking time away from some guy patiently waiting HIS turn. Them Apples would have been tying up the counter guy while he fondled the gat. Just like high school, cutters get a beat down.

Exactly. If the counter guy handed him the gun to look at, then the counter guy has to still deal with the actual customer whose turn it was and he was waiting on AND the counter guy would now need to also monitor the guy who wants to also look at the gun (even though the new gun looking guy's intentions were good).

WAIT YOUR TURN, and do not think you know how to run the shop or could do so better. And don't whine about it on a chat room. Thanks

Last edited:
In that case you're right, but we don't know if he was finished with the last customer, or not. They don't have the ticket dispenser out 24/7. Even if he overstepped his bounds, he shouldn't have been treated like that. It wasn't a disaster causing mistake.

He said right in the first sentence of his complaint that the ticket dispenser was out!

"I stopped in last Tuesday, December 16 in the afternoon, deli tickets were out but I went in anyway."

Back
Top Bottom