• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Four Seasons Firearms, Woburn, MA

Just bought a "like new, mint condition" S&W Model 66, 4" barrel. I had one many years ago but had to sell it. I called Carl and he put it away for me. When I got there it was really sweet. Original box, warrenty card, 2-speed-loaders were included. The revolver looks like it was never fired! NO marks around the cylinder, cylinder lock-up was tight, no creep on the trigger pull, no scratchs, burn powder marks, clean as the day it was made. The empty case that came with was dated Sept. 2001. Carl knocked off a few $$. A deal at $375.00 [lol] [lol] [lol]

Another vote for Carl (must be boring...)

I recently purchased a new Ruger Single Six from Four Seasons. I was sitting at home, nursing a cup of tea and reading (shocking, I know, a male reading the manual) and noted that the number engraved on the front of each of the two cylinders, and the last three digits of the serial number on the frame must match. They didn't.

"No problem," said Carl, "I'll have a replacement for you Friday."

And he did. Finast kind.

Thought I put up my experiences here.

Like a ton of the others mine is all positive. I had to go into Boston for Doctor's appointment so I said why not leave a lot earlier and hop up to FS to take Carl up on his invitiation to check come and check out the P245.

Well, after getting lost and finally getting the exact location from the police station (I felt like an idiot). I walked into there and felt like Sir Edmund Hillary as he finally reached the top of Everest, satisfaction.

When I walked in and headed over to the where I saw the Sigs one of Carl's associates noticed me and quickly told me "I would be right with you Sir" as he was finishing up heling another customer. Nodding my head I just looked at the selection and waitied for him to come up.

When he did I told him I was interested in the P245 and after pulling out my LTC (out of habit, not sure if its the law) he got the gun and opened the action, visually checked the chamber for safety and handed it to me. I liked the grip but was having trouble figuring out which release did what. Instead of rolling his eyes at me like I was an idiot he smiled and happily helped me with my problem. When I was still confused he took the time and showed the patience to make sure I knew how to operate this particular model of pistol safelty. When I noticed the full sized P220, he pulled that out and helped me out with questions reguarding that one.

Though I didn't walk out with a pistol, I was impressed and wouldn't think twice about running up there to pick up a pistol when I get the $$$.

For me, I'd go to a place where I get great cust. service and treated like a person than a place where I can get it at rock bottom prices and treated as just a sale any day of the week.

Oh yah, and Holly is great, though she was kind of jealous cuz she probably smelled the 3 dogs we have here on my pants.

This also reminds me that I need to check the site and ponder my finances and maybe put that pistol I want down on layaway.

Skald said:
Oh yah, and Holly is great, though she was kind of jealous cuz she probably smelled the 3 dogs we have here on my pants.

You have 3 dogs on your pants??? How do you sit? :D [twisted]

I get a lot of compliments at the animal shelter on my Four Seasons shirt featuring Holly on the back.

Another plus to Four Seasons is the roast beef place up the street, Pete's. Pete is a Glock guy if I remember correctly.

i had a great experience "in the store", but after...
when i emailed them about my question regarding the Loaded Chamber Indicator that i fear was not working, they never got back to me on the subject..
the last email i recieved was nov 17th
I will check on this. Carl

its now Dec 8th [shock]

LenS said:
Carl gets very busy and swamped this time of year. Best to call him just about opening time one day and ask.

Yup, call up or go into the shop, pick a normally quiet time of the day. E-mails can get forgotten, especially when they're busy.

If only half of what I've heard about Four Seasons is true (and I assume all of what I've heard is true), then they'll make it right.

Ammo

XM193 is 5.56mm; American Eagle is .223

If you think there are the same, do a google on .225 5.56 differences

In short, the spec for .223 is a bit longer than 5.56, and one can get excess pressures if using .223 ammo in a 5.56 chamber.

Rob

"XM193 is 5.56mm; American Eagle is .223"

I believe the "XM" also designates a military contract run that did not meet milspec. I recently received a shipment of Federal XM855 ammo, complete with the green tip on the bullet. It had cases blemished from improper annealing. Won't affect shootability, but didn't meet milspec. Our tax-subsidized bargain. [wink]

Scrivener said:
"XM193 is 5.56mm; American Eagle is .223"

I believe the "XM" also designates a military contract run that did not meet milspec. I recently received a shipment of Federal XM855 ammo, complete with the green tip on the bullet. It had cases blemished from improper annealing. Won't affect shootability, but didn't meet milspec. Our tax-subsidized bargain. [wink]

Tier 1 .mil rejects I think.Tier 2 is pd or something,I dunno..I just like the XM.over 2.5k and no problems.

Is the XM855 loose bulk packed,or stripper clips ? Do you own a shop ?

more of the same

I went to Four Seasons, to look at .22 rifles and target pistols. They were pretty busy, but took the time to show me whatever I wanted, answered all questions, and generally made me want to go back there for whatever I need. My wife works nearby, so now I have an excuse...

Four Seasons

One of the nicest things about Four Seasons that I have found is that if you are looking for something specific, there is never an attempt to ignore what your desires are and try to sell you what they happen to have in stock as some other shops do; in fact they have on several occassions gotten right on their computer and if they could corder what I was looking for they would do so and within a short period of time it would be in the shop. Just a very nice group of people.
My two favorite places for firearms are Kittery Trading Post for just being able to spend time when I have it browsing in a very large, nice facility and Four Seasons for serious \ looking around and purchases.

I've got nothing but great things to say about Four Seasons. I've bought a couple guns from them, and get all my ammo and supplies there, too. I seem to want to special order stuff, and they always get it for me ASAP, with no hesistations. Carl got me my Remington Model Seven for the next day. He also just recently ordered a couple boxes of a specific bullet that I wanted for the Remington...They are the best.

I've done a lot with FS to date and it's a great place. Carl and some of the other guys are generally very nice to work with. Jim has started getting me thinking about a S&W or Para 1911 now though. :x

Seriously though the only drawback is the crowds... but that's a good thing. :)

"Is the XM855 loose bulk packed,or stripper clips ? Do you own a shop ?"

1,000 rounds loose in bag in a waterproofed cardboard carton. No. [wink]

Of course, since i was 6 miles away on business, i had to drive over to
4 seasons. Its every bit as others have said. It is a small space, but there
is almost everything you need. Good service, answer all the questions.

Gonna have to go back. Of course i couldn't leave empty handed,
picked up a Glock .40 and some other goodies, comes with 2 mags,
they threw in another, gratis.....

JimB

Ya can't beat the service at FS, I picked up a new Sig P239 in .357 Sig last week and Carl threw in a box of ammo to go along with it. :)

Range report: Went to MRA and put a few rounds down range with the P239, my first time shooting a 357 Sig and all I can say is that's an awesome round!. Recoil wasn't all that bad, but a lot of muzzle flash and flip compared to my 40 cal. Accuracy on rapid fire was a pleasant surprise, this could quickly become my favorite CCW.

wow, lots of posts. my 2 cents, i've bought over a half dozen guns from four seasons. yes, i'm addicted. [smile] they are awsome.

jack

I have always been treated like a respected customer and Carl is a terrific guy to do business with. I never left there feeling like I didin't get the best possible service and fair deal. I wouldn't buy from anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom