• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

For the firearm geek, $17k Linux powered rifle.

arstechnica said:
At this time, TrackingPoint indicated that it has no intention of producing a PGF system for anything other than bolt-action rifles.
Love the attempt to dissemble... [laugh]

Yeah, I don't think JFK is buying that line of thought... Just own it. It is a tool - the use of it is determined by the meat-bag behind it.

And to think that I could have been working on a project like that instead of making venture capitalists in this shithole rich... [sad2]

Target acquisition for small-arms defense. Could use on surface-to-air missiles to shoot down the drones.

does that wipe my ass? I bet ****ing manual is huge and I can see the calls to customer support [laugh] ... cool rifle, do want!

We need a windows 8 version. Can you imagine what happen when BSOD hit?

"Send it" via iPhone M107A1

We need a windows 8 version. Can you imagine what happen when BSOD hit?

"Send it" via iPhone M107A1

that would be a riot, just as you got target acquired it goes with blue screen of death [rofl]or needs to download an important update and restart. Never mind that if it determined that this is not a "genuine" version, it would refuse to fire.

aren't the electronic triggers are illegal per ATF fun spoilers or may be it doesn't count here since it's bolt action. Serious question though.

My guess is that they have a lockout, not a solenoid control, but the "electronic trigger" thing often goes back to the minigun/Gatling gun decision which is a different issue as it fires continuously once pressed.
http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2004-5.html

Not clear to me yet, but I haven't needed too figure it out...

The law is more than one shot per trigger pull, there is nothing in the law about electrical or not, but I would certainly look harder into that before I did it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom